Just Some Training [Open/Kyoshi]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just Some Training [Open/Kyoshi]

Post by Akame on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Academy hours were over and students were pouring out of the school. Soon enough, it would be overall empty save for one or two students and some instructors whom of which filled out paperwork. All in all, it was a pretty average day, where the sun was shining and the air was cool, though for Akame it wasn't exactly a day which he was enjoying. The emptied academy classroom was just as silent as it was populated, with his elder brother being the only one left other than him in it. Judging from the book he held and the unimpressed expression he had, he wasn't in the least bit pleased.

"You know, you can't keep coming to me for notes on your lessons. I can't exactly show you favoritism, especially with some of the others suspecting me of doing what I've done so far." The older male's pointer finger and thumb would rub against his closed eyes consecutively before meeting at the bridge of his nose, where they slid off.

"I paid attention to the important stuff, not the stuff I already heard before. Why's it so bad that I take a some time out to do some drawing?"

"Because the only reason you know half of that "stuff" is because of me, you knuckle head." Closing the notebook, he would sigh before looking out the window. "No, no, you know what? You say you've been paying attention? Well, it's about time you showed that. No coming home until you can do at least two of your required Academy Jutsu, got it?"

"But-"

"What's that? I don't hear practicing."

With a humph, Akame would leave the classroom and the academy soon after, his wooden sandals clacking against the wooden floor before becoming silent on the dirt outside. Immediately, he would move over to the nearby courtyard; a place generally used for students to duel one another. Seeing it pretty empty, he deemed it the best spot for now to actually get to work on his practice. Taking off his tan kimono and leaving the fishnet underarmor underneath on, he would dust off his tan pants, toss the shirt to the side, and begin going over the signs in his head.

"The Bushin no Jutsu is a technique that creates a copy of yourself. Pay attention to how I do it, class.."

"Ram.." Both hands clasped together with the middle and pointer fingers sticking towards the sky, his left hand a little higher than his right.

"Snake.." Lowering his fingers, both hands would now clasp tightly against one another.

"Tiger!" Now he only raised his pointer fingers, forming the tiger seal while attempting to focus upon his chakra, attempting to summon an identical clone. To his surprise, a puff of smoke would appear to his left, blocking his eyesight and surprising him, though as it faded away he would be met with the face of himself.

At least that's what he wished had happened. What really met him face to face was a deformed version of him, one eye lower than the other, skin pale as snow, hair scrambled, clothes of a faded grey, and an annoying, low-pitched "Duaaaaaaaah" sound coming from its mouth.

"Gah!" Surprised, he would immediately disperse the failure in another puff of smoke. That thing was.. disgusting to say the least. "Okay, not doing that one again for now, what's next?"

The Body Replacement Technique is invaluable for a Shinobi. With this technique, users replace their own body with some other object within 50 meters of themselves, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands. This creates an optical illusion, making the enemy think the attack was successful for a brief moment after landing before the user disappears in a puff of white smoke and the object is left in its place. Here's how you perform the technique..

"Tiger, boar, ox, dog, snake, Tiger, boar, ox, dog, snake, Tiger, boar, ox, dog, snake.." The young Senju would repeat himself over and over again, attempting to memorize and visualize the hand signs in his mind. Then, slowly, he would trace the movements over in his hands, performing the tiger seal, then the boar, then the ox, the dog, and then the rabbit.

Whoops, a mistake. Lightly smacking his face, he would do it again. Tiger, boar, ox, dog, and snake were cast, and a puff of smoke appeared, though no Akame had disappeared in that moment. Instead, as the smoke cleared, a log was latching to the young Senju's forehead, smacking him there and leaving him frozen for a few seconds before falling over, a red mark appearing as the log was knocked away.

Sitting up, he would rub his reddened forehead with his right hand. "This is even more annoying than I thought!" he exclaimed before beginning to stand up, prepping himself to try again.

wc 831

Last edited by Akame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Some Training [Open/Kyoshi]

Post by Kyoshi on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 am

Kyoshi’s frustration continued to mount as tried again and again to perform one of the jutsu that had been shown to his class. He was having a bit of a hard time picking up the nuances to the chakra flow, and as such, the clones what he was trying to create usually had one of three monstrous deformities. As he weaved the three required hand seals together once again he slammed his eyes shut until he heard the sound of the clone being created. Come on, this time you got it. This time you got it! His eyes shot open, and much to his dismay, the clone was indeed of himself, but with lips almost the size of his head. Kyoshi’s eyes widened as he stared at the abomination for a moment.

It was then that he heard the chuckles coming from behind him, and Kyoshi’s eyes began to roll. He was currently training outside near his house, in an area where many of his clan members lived. The Sarutobi made up a good portion of the village, and because of that, Kyoshi found that one of his relatives was usually around the corner at any given time. Today it was one of his cousins, or second cousins, or something like that, that Kyoshi was not especially fond of. “Nice clone there, I don’t see a problem with it at all!” The boy called out to Kyoshi’s back. This young Sarutobi took a moment to breathe deeply, remembering what happened the last time he had acted out against this particular relative, Junto. Junto had beaten him up pretty badly, and Kyoshi was forced to sneak into his house so that his father did not see what had happened.

Sighing and dismissing the clone, the young Sarutobi slowly turned around to face Junto, a smile plastered onto his face. “Yup, you’re right Junto. It looks great…” Not wanting to have to interact with him any further, Kyoshi merely walked past him, ignoring the continued jeers that were thrown his way. It made him angry, to hear the way that unto thought he could act without consequence. But there was nothing that Kyoshi could do. Not yet at least. As soon as he had rounded the corner, Kyoshi broke into a run. He was not done training just yet. He was going to learn some of these jutsu today, no matter what. He ran on and on until he had returned to the academy grounds where there was a small courtyard that the students were allowed to use for practice. But even as he entered, Kyoshi did not slow down.

There was one other person in the field, and as Kyoshi ran by them, it looked like he was just standing up from being on the ground, dusting himself off. He was a slim boy with spiked, jet black hair and a netted shinobi shirt. He remembered the boy from class, though he could not remember his name specifically. There were surly more details to worry about, and perhaps they would even identify the boy in Kyoshi’s mind, but right now Kyoshi was focused on other things. He charged forward, closing in on the edge of the training area. This jutsu is a simple one but an excellent marker of increasing a ninja's ability to mold, maintain, and control the release of their chakra. By releasing chakra into their feet in a steady and even amount, the user is able to create a pad of chakra as a repellent force to stand on the surface of water. Not to limit the options but the user can also use the chakra as a minor attractive force to stand on surfaces without falling off, like climbing trees by keeping their chakra flow consistent…

The words of his sensei echoed in his mind as he continued his sprint towards the tree, doing his best to pool his chakra at the bottom of his feet. With the energy and anger from earlier swelling inside him, he called out as he charge forward! “Rrrrraaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!” His shout continued for three steps up the trunk of the tree. Well, two and a half really, after which his foot slipped off of the trunk and he began to feel himself falling. Bracing for impact, Kyoshi felt a dull thud as he landed on the ground, on which he then extended his arms and legs out much like a starfish for a moment. He remained in that unflattering position for a moment, slightly discouraged and embarrassed knowing that someone had probably been watching. But at least it wasn’t Junto. Slowly standing to his feet, Kyoshi dusted himself off and turned toward his fellow student. Still embarrassed, Kyoshi slowly raised his right hand into a wave as he smiled sheepishly. “Ummm….hey there. Are you um….are you out practicing too?” He then turned the wave into a pointing thumb that he jerked toward his back, referencing the tree from which he had just fallen. “It’s harder than it looks, I swear,” he said with a chuckle.

WC:855

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am

Suddenly, as he was about to get back into trying once again, a male with dark red spikes hair had run in front of him, going right past him while screaming loudly. Akame blinked three times in utter confusion as he watched the vaguely familiar male run at the tree, where he began running up it for three steps. The young Senju quickly realized what the other kid was trying to go for, and wasn’t in the lest bit surprised when his foot slipped off the trunk, and the kid following behind it when he landed on the ground.

Akame took advantage of the moment he had to stifle the laugh that’s looking closely towards the edges of his mouth from this sudden display. He could’ve sworn the place was empty, but for this other kid to come out of nowhere, run up a tree, fall flat on his back and be screaming loudly all the while? Well, it was less of the display and more of the pure randomness of this. After seemingly getting back up to his feet, the other male looked towards Akame, waving it sheepishly. “Ummm….hey there. Are you um….are you out practicing too?”

After receiving the weird introduction followed by the greeting, he watched the other male point towards his back with his thumb as if it wasn’t blatant to everyone watching that he just fell.

“It’s harder than it looks, I swear,”

The chuckle hid the meaning behind that statement. Akame‘s fiery orange eyes narrowed for a few moments before relaxing. He already knew what this guy was getting at now. Why he came here out of nowhere was because someone else was here, why he was screaming loudly was to make those around notice him, and why he suddenly ran up the tree before introducing himself was to declare what he can do so far. Yes, the twelve-year-old’s heart pumped quickly at this display, his blood rushing slightly in anticipation as his hunched posture straightened. This was a competition.

Of course, besides the temporary narrowing of eyes and the straightening of his posture, the Senju wouldn’t do much to show that he knows what this person’s motive were. It was like his elder brother said; Don’t let your opponent know what you’re thinking or else you had already lost. It was exactly the same here, so he’ll play along for now, and would take advantage of the moment when it seems right.

First, he smiled towards the other male, waving back. “Yeah, my brother is making me do practice for the finals. I see you’re doing that water practice one. You do any of the others yet?” He said as his face softened, further offering a friendly gesture to his newfound acquaintance as he stepped a little closer, his own orange eyes looking into the hazel ones of the stranger. His high-pitched voice betrayed an entrance into puberty as he spoke. “My name is Akame, what’s yours?” His voice cracked slightly while he offered his left hand for the other male to shake.

He planned to take this moment to actually close his eyes while he smiled, concentrating on the chakra within him, envisioning himself pushing it away from his upper body and down towards his waist, and then to the thighs, his shins next, and towards his feet. He just needed to concentrate molding it, and then it should be possible. He recalled their sensei’s instructions on the technique in the class and how they needed to focus, though he forgot on what exactly. Common sense dictates it was definitely the feet though.

He felt confident enough he was ready. Immediately he would open his eyes again, revealing the red hue that has taken over before walking away, a smirk slowly growing on his face. Two meters’ distance was all he needed, and as he turned back around, he immediately sprinted directly towards the tree. ”Yaaaaaaaaah!” The yell was accompanied by his left foot directly flattening itself against the tough bark of the tree, accompanied by his right, though the difference in the Chakra concentrated was immense, almost so that it nearly caused him to fall over and his momentum to end. Thankfully however he was able to last long enough to get a third foot in, having it land flat against the tree before turning around, falling the short distance to the grass below, where his hands and knees broke his fall and allowed him to get back up.

Pointing directly towards the other male, he decided to make his actions known. “It’s clear from the start that you want to compete! First person to get ten steps on the tree wins!” With his declaration of war, he waited to see what this acquaintance of his was going to do next.

Wc 821

Twc 1652
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Kyoshi noticed when the boy before him straightened up and narrowed his eyes toward him. For a moment, Kyoshi was concerned that he had possibly agitated one of his classmates more than anything. But quickly that thought was diminished by the smile that made its way across the boy’s face. He waved back, greeting Kyoshi as he did so. “Yeah, my brother is making me do practice for the finals. I see you’re doing that water practice one. You do any of the others yet?” Kyoshi looked down at his feet for a moment, remembered the horrible job he had done with the clone technique just a few minutes earlier. When he glanced up, he could not help but notice that the boy’s face had softened, and his orange eyes were an interesting sight to say the least. He shook his head as he replied. “Not successfully. Hopefully I can at least get this one down before the day is out.”

“My name is Akame, what’s yours?” The boy’s vice cracked mas he offered to shake Kyoshi’s hand. The young Sarutobi obliged, offering his own left hand despite being more comfortable using is right. Akame’s eyes closed s Kyoshi introduced himself. “I’m Kyoshi Sarutobi. It’s nice to meet another student properly on the training field liek a ninja and not just in class like usual.” He was about to propose that the pair help each other train, when Akame’s eyes shot open, revealing that his pupils had changed from orange to a red hue, not unlike the Sharingan of the Uchiha that Kyoshi had heard about from his clan’s historians. He was surprised to say the least, and as Akame smirked and began to walk away, Kyoshi could not help but wondering if the boy had gone crazy. He finally realized what was going on though, when a war cry leaped form Akame’s lips and into the air around the duo. The young man turned and sprinted for the tree that Kyoshi had just fallen off of, making it up three whole steps before he launched himself off and landed on his hands and knees.

Kyoshi’s jaw had fallen open slightly, but he made sure to slam it shut before his new friend could see the surprise on his face. Akame spun toward him and pointed at Kyoshi with a declaration that might as well have been of war. “It’s clear from the start that you want to compete! First person to get ten steps on the tree wins!” Kyoshi stammered for a moment, trying pro process exactly what he was hearing. “I um, I mean I wasn’t…I was just trying to…” his voice trailed off as he realized the opportunity that he was being handed. Kyoshi had always worked much better under pressure. And in that moment, this new friend, this Akame, was giving hima source of pressure. Kyoshi hated to lose. He believed that to lose in any situation was to put his clan and his village to shame. And so as his peer shouted out to him from the nearby tree, a grin slowly started to spread on his face. “Alright,” Kyoshi said quietly before breaking into a sprint toward the tree and replying with his own shout. “You’re on Akame!”

As he ran, the budding shinobi did his best to press all of the chakra he could into his feet. Little did he knew it would be too much. This time, he managed to get three steps up the tree before the trunk cracked under the pressure of the chakra in his foot and sent him flying backwards. He landed on his back one again, but wasting no time Kyoshi was up on his feet and threw his jacket to the ground. Left in just his white shirt, the academy student charged toward the base of the tree once again, only to make it up four steps this time. At this point, Kyoshi stopped focusing on Akame and put his mind to getting the job done. He shut out the other boy while he ran at the tree again and again in hopes of making it all the way up before his opponent. He could not lose again; it was his time to come out on top. This repeating cycle of sprinting and running continued on for a few exhausting minutes, until finally Kyoshi found himself counting out loud as he made his way up the trunk. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, TEN!!” He shouted at the top of his lungs as he sprang off on the tree, flipping into a three point landing before rising to his feet once again. He was huffing and puffing, doing his best to catch his breath after exerting himself like that. For a moment he just stood there with his eyes closed before finally opening them and glancing toward his new friend, Akame.

“So,” Kyoshi said between heaving breaths. “Did I win? Or did you get there first? I gotta say I honestly stopped paying attention for a second back there.”

WC:863+855=1718

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:25 pm

“I um, I mean I wasn’t…I was just trying to…” Akame stood unmoving from his position, still pointing. He knew that Kyoshi was bluffing, it was as clear as water to him that the other male was. Why else would someone suddenly appear and do that? Yeah, it must be a challenge. 'Keep stammering buddy, but I know you want to compete!' His confident smirk remained as he waited for this new friend of his to finally accept this challenge. If he didn't he would just have to make an example of this and keep working it until he actually masters it. Finally, a grin appeared on the face of the member of his clan's closest ally. This grin was met by the growing grin of Akame's own as he had something to do with someone willing to make things a little fun. He would watch as Kyoshi would begin sprinting towards the tree.

“You’re on Akame!”

Yeah, he is on. The slightly younger male would immediately go to focusing on the tree, and what his new friend was reaching. This is a game to him, nothing more. Training made into a game can help improvement, and having it be a friendly competition helps all the more with that as well. It was time for Akame to focus on controlling his chakra, once more trying to envision his bringing it down to his feet, this time attempting to push it more towards the soles of his shoes. He attempted to clear out his surroundings, to focus on just himself and the tree before him.

He led himself with right foot first, immediately charging towards the tree, though with his short distance he had hopes that his kickoff can help him start off. One, two three, four.

The bark depressed slightly, too much chakra was focused into it. He would use it to be able to flip backwards, landing on his hands and feet and avoiding what would've been a painful situation.

'That was clearly a mistake.' Using too much chakra slightly surprised the young Senju with how easily it would be for him to screw up like that. 'So I can't use too much chakra, but using too little will make me not go high enough..' He would have to better analyze this, backing up another meter or two and concentrating his chakra flow towards the soles of his feet, though this time, not as much. "No coming home until you learn at least two of your academy jutsu." That's right, this is a competition, but the young Senju can use Kyoshi's practice as an opportunity to better have a think on what to do. Just first he needed to test the waters on the other side too.

Sprinting once again towards the tree, Akame immediately attempted to climb it left-foot-first, placing his right flat against it as he pushed upwards with the left, though it immediately slid, leading him to fall almost immediately, this time smacking his back against a root. "Ow, too little." He quietly expressed to himself.

Getting back up, he would back himself up a few meters some more, once more attempting to focus and kneed his chakra. He has a high point and a low point, now he knows to just aim for the middle, to moderate it. To find that middle ground and to hit the nail on the head. He can feel it and the feeling was slightly uncomfortable, almost like a cup not filled quite enough. He had to live with it though, at least for now.

"seven, eight, nine, TEN!!” Kyoshi shouted at the top of his lungs as he sprang off on the tree, flipping into a three point landing before rising to his feet once again. Akame kept partial attention on Kyoshi as the other male was huffing and puffin before glancing towards him. “Did I win? Or did you get there first? I gotta say I honestly stopped paying attention for a second back there.”

'Perfect timing..' He thought to himself. He lost the battle of speed, but he was determined to make it in distance, to ruin the victory for this rival of his. It was time, the sweet spot was touched and he can only hear a high-pitched noise from within. Running towards the tree, Akame would immediately begin running up it in an open defiance to gravity itself. "One, two, three, four.." The difficulty to control is slowly increased, his attempts to go higher and higher conflicting with his focus on his chakra. "five, six, seven, eight, nine.."

He raised his final foot, slamming it down as the tenth, though before he fell, his left swiftly reached up, halfway-landing ahead of it before he forced himself off, immediately focusing on his fall via letting his feet slide from under him, having them lead the way to the ground.

Landing, and hard, the younger male would roll on impact before getting back up. With his shoulders hunched and his chest puffing as he breathed, he would keep his attention on Kyoshi. "You got there first.. but.." Pointing at the tree. "Ten and a half." He was the one that placed the time limit on there, but this felt like a victory nonetheless, and as he gained his breath, he would smile towards Kyoshi, snickering almost while he rubbed the back of his head.

"You're really good, Kyoshi. That was fun." He would say as he moved over to a nearby ball, picking the inflated toy up and holding it between his hands. He would toss the ball over to his new friend, stretching his arms right afterwards. "Still, I'm surprised to see someone else here. Usually a lot of the others are at home or something. Did you come here just to study, or do you want to do some more games?"

wc 991

twc 2643

Ignore this:

WATER SURFACE WALKING PRACTICE (水面歩行の業 ~ SUIMEN HOKŌ NO GYŌ):
250/250

2600/2600 = 52 stat points

Last edited by Akame on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Even as the young Sarutobi turned toward the boy that was still running up the tree, he began to worry about how well the boy would do. Sure, Kyoshi had beaten Akame to the ten steps that were originally mentioned. But at the same time, he had stopped there instead of pushing forward which meant that there was room for Akame to best him. Sure enough, just as Kyoshi had done moments earlier, his new friend was calling out the number of steps with each new step planted into the tree’s cracked trunk. ”One, two, three, four…” Kyoshi squinted, praying silently to himself that the boy would not make it as high as him. Even as two faced as it was, Kyoshi needed a win today after the mocking he had taken earlier, and to lose in such an easy competition that he had not even planned would be…disappointing to say the least. But much to his dismay, Akame continued up the tree, one foot after the other higher and higher. ”five, six, seven, eight, nine…”

With a resounding thud on the trunk of the tree, Akame planted his foot for his tenth step. He was equal to Kyoshi, and that would have been fine with the student. But in the moment that he let out a sigh of relief, he watched as his new friend planted the next step onto the tree trunk; the placement of his step was just slightly above the one before, but it was still higher, and Kyoshi could not deny that. The triumphant look on his face slowly faded into one that was more melancholy. The disappointment flowing through him was almost overwhelming for a moment. He had failed again. Sure, he was able to make it up ten steps on the tree, but Akame had done better. Kyoshi needed to be the best of the best if he was going to make his clan proud. So why did it seem like he couldn’t do anything right?

Kyoshi was dragged from his depressing line of thinking by Akame’s snickering. Glancing up, he saw a smile on the boy’s face. Much to Kyoshi’s appreciation, it was not a gloating smile, but rather, just a happy one. "You're really good, Kyoshi. That was fun." Kyoshi did his best to cover up his crestfallen visage as the other boy stepped over and picked up a nearby ball. He smiled weakly as Akame tossed him the ball, which the Sarutobi caught easily enough. "Still, I'm surprised to see someone else here. Usually a lot of the others are at home or something. Did you come here just to study, or do you want to do some more games?" Kyoshi’s weak smile grew slightly as he realized that the competition had truly been friendly and nothing more to the other boy. It was an encouragement that at least his new friend did not see him as a failure. Shaking the cobwebs of depression from his head, he bounced the ball a couple of times as he replied to Akame.

“Yeah, I’m usually back near my house by this time, but training wasn’t going so well so I figured I would come out here to get away from…well…the discouragements around me.” He chuckled slightly again before throwing the ball back to Akame. “Some of the other Sarutobi have pretty high expectations of us, and so when I can’t do as well as I want to…it can be frustrating to say the least. But hey, you made that practice really fun! I honestly wasn’t looking for a competition, but it seemed to help us both. That much is certain. I mean, now we can run up that tree!” He threw his hand forward and gave Akame a thumbs up. “You thought I was good? You were great Akame! Thank you for helping me get better!” Stepping over to his jacket that he had thrown onto the ground, Kyoshi took a moment to dust it off and look at the Sarutobi symbol on the back of it. He stared for a moment, but not for too long before he threw it back on and straightened it out.

“I’ll be honest, I originally came here to practice some of these jutsu, especially with the final exams coming up soon. But I think after all of that work the two of us deserve a little bit of a break. Plus, I don’t want to pass out by using too much chakra.” He smiled as he looked back to Akame and raised his hands, ready to catch the ball if the other boy chose to pass it back to him. “Or an even better idea, let’s try to make another game out of our training!” He thought for a moment, unsure of what they could do until a thought suddenly jumped into his mind. He snapped his fingers and ran off toward a small shed that was filled with odds and ends used for training. As he threw the door open and began throwing odds and ends out onto the field, he talked over his shoulder to his new friend. “Ok, so another jutsu we need to know for the exam is the Puppet String technique! So how about we take these practice shuriken,” he said as he finally stepped out of the shed with a few shuriken. “And we see who the first person is to move them from here all the way over to the tree we were running up using only the chakra strings!”

He stepped up to Akame and extended a hand with some of the practice tools and smiled. “What do you say? Another small contest?”

WC:965+1718=2683

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:45 pm

“Yeah, I’m usually back near my house by this time, but training wasn’t going so well so I figured I would come out here to get away from…well…the discouragements around me.” Akame caught the returning toy ball as he listened closely to Kyoshi's answer. He was no stranger to discouragement. Whether it be shuriken practice or hand-to-hand combat, the young Senju was rather easily discouraged when it came to coming up short in things otherwise claimed to be valuable.

“Some of the other Sarutobi have pretty high expectations of us, and so when I can’t do as well as I want to…it can be frustrating to say the least. But hey, you made that practice really fun! I honestly wasn’t looking for a competition, but it seemed to help us both. That much is certain. I mean, now we can run up that tree!” Akame had heard rumors of the Sarutobi's intense training from his own family, whom of which had in the past approved of it, but he didn't expect it to really be true. It was nice though to hear that he made it fun, since the entire idea of working on academy jutsu seems really boring in the first place. Some days he wished that they were just taught some real jutsu, other days he can acknowledge the importance of these basics. It did feel good knowing that they can both run up that tree though, it definitely made him feel a little more powerful too, knowing he got a leg up on his fellow students.

“You thought I was good? You were great Akame! Thank you for helping me get better!” The slightly younger male couldn't resist but return the thumbs up, snickering light-heartidly from hearing this. It was a good feeling to receive praise, that much is for sure. It felt even better though to see that he already made a new friend. Nonetheless, after he had put back on his jacket Akame would toss the ball back to the other male, whom of which caught it again.

“I’ll be honest, I originally came here to practice some of these jutsu, especially with the final exams coming up soon. But I think after all of that work the two of us deserve a little bit of a break. Plus, I don’t want to pass out by using too much chakra. Or an even better idea, let’s try to make another game out of our training!”

Akame smiled widely at this. A warm feeling swelled up within him at his friend's acceptance to this. "Yeah, let's do it! You got any ideas?" It seemed that his friend didn't for a few moments, but what made him cock his head slightly to the side out of confusion was that his newfound friend snapped his finers and ran off to the small shed nearby, opening it and going inside for a few moments.

“Ok, so another jutsu we need to know for the exam is the Puppet String technique! So how about we take these practice shuriken and we see who the first person is to move them from here all the way over to the tree we were running up using only the chakra strings!”

Akame gulped. Shuriken and Kunai weren't exactly his strong suit, and Kyoshi already technically got one up on him in this competition, even if he crapped on that previous win. Despite the fact that it's his weak-point though, he wasn't raised to be a coward, and he's not going to back down from an offer from his new friend. He would take the practice tools handed to him, nodding as he forced on another smirk at the offer to compete. "Bring it, I'll make up big for losing that last contest, bet on it."

He didn't even know how to approach starting this, but Akame didn't care about that. He originally planned to do his own thing with these techniques anyways. He would drop each tool on the ground, one next to the other, before him. This would allow him to more easily use them than it would've been keeping them in one of his hands, not to mention he can more closely look at them and practice actually creating chakra strings.

Squatting down, Akame begin pointing his pointer finger at the first shuriken, kneeding and focusing on his chakra. Considering how he just learned how to use the waterwalking technique, this shouldn't be much harder. He just needed to focus his chakra and then go a step farther, right?

Well, thank the Sage that there's no one around that doesn't know what he was doing, because he looked like some kind of idiot with his pointing at a shuriken while squatting down. Hell, he felt like an idiot by just doing it, but frankly as long as he can get the strings out by an inch or two, this game will be in the bag.

Suddenly, in the midst of his attempting to focus his chakra to his fingertips and beyond, he could see something akin to a chakra string appear out of his fingertip, latching onto the shuriken for a second before losing concentration. 'Yes!' He thought to himself. He wondered if Kyoshi had already done it, or if he already completed the competition, but he wasn't going to distract himself with that. Instead, he looked for that same feeling, reaching it and having the string latch to the shuriken, where he raised it off the ground with the string, swung it around, and released it, the tool flying towards the general direction of the tree, but veering off and to the empty space nearby.

He moved on to the next one, where he used the chakra strings to pick it up, once more letting it soar towards the tree, though this time coming too short of it. He got the strings down, he just needed to keep testing so he can measure how much he needs to put in to hit that tree. It was hard enough with hands, but to do it with chakra strings? Well, another few times of poking and prodding for the answer came up with total inaccuracy.

Down to his second to last one, he decided this time to cut out trying to find the exact point of releasing the tool so it can go in the correct direction and instead figured that tossing it vertically would allow him to only have to worry about how far it goes. Latching onto it, he swung his right arm, raising it as the string caught up with his fingers, coming around in a loop, and breaking off as it went in the direction of the tree, where it flew and struck the hard bark, glancing off.

That's when he realized how stupid he was acting.

"... and we see who the first person is to move them from here all the way over to the tree we were running up using only the chakra strings!”

Immediately, Akame facepalmed himself. "I'm so stupid, I heard the challenged wrong.." With his left hand sliding off his face, he used a chakra string coming from his middle finger to latch itself around the last shuriken, where he picked it up and extended the string, carrying the tool over without throwing it, and dropping it before the tree. After then, he would walk over to each of his thrown shuriken, performing the same deed with them as well, where he picked up each one and brought them over to the tree. He mistook that final direction as to throw them, when all he needed to do was move them. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.."

After all of his tools were brought before the tree, he tapped his forehead against it before turning back around, expecting to be met with defeat.

wc 1357

twc 4000

Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

The nervous gulp that Akame displayed was slightly encouraging to Kyoshi. Though he enjoyed competing on equal footing, he was never one to turn down the slightest of advantages. The boy took the tools from Kyoshi and they moved so that they were both the same distance away from the target tree. "Bring it, I'll make up big for losing that last contest, bet on it." Kyoshi chuckled at that, “What are you talking about man? I may have been a little bit faster, but you got higher. As far as I’m concerned, you won that one! So I’ll try extra hard to beat you this time around!” With that, he got to work trying to perform the extremely basic jutsu. From what remembered his sensei telling the class, getting one of the ninja tools over to the tree should not be too hard since regular chakra strings could apparently go up to fifty metres away from a person. The only probably then, would be that Kyoshi would have to make strings that he had never been able to make before.

Out of the corner of his eye the young Sarutobi could see his new friend squatting down and focusing on the tip of his finger with an intensity that was…quite hilarious to look at. Stifling a giggle, Kyoshi remained standing at his full eight and merely pointed down to the kunai on the ground in front of him. It took him some time, but just like he had pushed chakra into his foot, he did his best to move the chakra into his fingertip, and then even farther still. There was a slight tingling sensation in the tip of his finger before the academy student began to see a single chakra string squeeze out of his fingertip. This along was a victory for the young Sarutobi, and in a moment of excitement, he allowed himself to lose concentration. With that, the string fizzled and disappeared, though it was not a large enough event to alert Akame to his failure.

It was about this time that he saw Akame flinging his practice tools through the air and toward the tree. It seemed like a pretty clever idea, if he had the aim for it; but seeing how much the other boy was struggling, Kyoshi decided to go with his original method. Concentrating once again on his fingertip, it was not very long before the now familiar tingling sensation returned and the chakra string was produced. He heard another shuriken flying through the air, but there was no thud with the tree, so he knew that he still had a change. The chakra string grew a little too slowly for Kyoshi’s comfort, but eventually, the chakra string made its way through the loop at the base of the kunai. With that part complete, the rest of the task would not be very difficult. Slowly but surly, Kyoshi lifted the kunai from the ground and extended the chakra string toward the tree.

Whether Akame noticed what Kyoshi was doing, or if he figured it out on his own, he could hear the boy mumbling to himself, frustrated with his own method before changing tactics. But by that time, it was too late. By the time Akame had made his shuriken land at the tree, Kyoshi had managed to stab his own kunai into the trunk with the chakra string. Stepping over to the tree, Kyoshi watched as his friend tapped his head against the tree for a moment, before turning around. Kyoshi greeted him with a smile. “Well, it looks like that’s one win for you, and one for me.” He chuckled once again as he bent down and began to pack the practice tools away in the wooden box that they had come from. “But guess what, that’s another jutsu that I wasn’t able to use before today! This is really working, plus its really fun!”

Kyoshi stepped over to Akame and held out the box so that his new friend could put the tools back in. “I just wanted to that you for-“ But that was as far as the young Sarutobi got. Because as he waited for Akame to put the tools away, he noticed the tattoo that was on his left bicep. It was the symbol of the Senju clan. Kyoshi’s eyes went wide and his smile grew into a huge grin. “You’re a Senju?? Akame, your clan is like…the greatest!! I had no idea!”

The young man was over the moon thinking about the coincidence. First, he met a student that was in his class who was in his class and loved competition, then he found out that working with him actually improved his skills, and finally, he found out that his clan and his new friend’s were lifelong allies anyway! “Oh man Akame, this is awesome! The great Senju and Sarutobi, working together once again in the next generation of great ninja! This is just awesome!” It was about this time that Kyoshi realized that he probably seemed crazy shouting about all this stuff. As a blush began to spread into his cheeks, Kyoshi chuckled sheepishly. “Hehe, sorry about that. I guess I was just happy to see that my clan’s allies have ninja in my class as well! After all, its friendships like ours that make the village strong.”

WC:907+2683=3590

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 pm

“Well, it looks like that’s one win for you, and one for me.”

Akame's "Psh" was loud enough to almost sound exaggerated. "That's two wins for you, you're gonna need two for when I wipe the floor with you in everything else!" He said as he stuck his tongue out towards his friend, holding it there for a few short seconds before he stopped the playful insult. Kyoshi was already chuckling and putting the tools away, more than likely not even seeing the gesture he tossed towards him. The young Senju will have to make a note to correct that later.

“But guess what, that’s another jutsu that I wasn’t able to use before today! This is really working, plus its really fun!”

"I'm with you there, I'm having way more fun doing things this way rather than trying it by myself like my brother wanted. I bet we're already way ahead of the rest of the class right now." When having the box held out to him the Senju would pick up his tools and put them back in, though he didn't expect what happened next; “I just wanted to thank you for- You’re a Senju?? Akame, your clan is like…the greatest!! I had no idea!” It was clear from his friend's wide eyes and huge grin that was was overjoyed with the idea of being friends with a Senju. Akame both felt slightly bothered by this and happy as well. Happy because the Senju and Sarutobi were lifelong friends, but bothered because, for once, he can truly understand the size of the shadow his lives under that is his last name.

He looked towards his bicep, where the tattoo displaying the proud symbol of his Clan was etched permanently into his skin. His eyes were lowered and a small smile was on his face as waves of nostalgia swept away the bad feelings. "They are, yeah, but when I surpass the First Hokage, they'll be even more than great." He already was thinking of how he was going to do that. While other students wanted to be Hokage, or to become Jounin, or to even just to look cool, he wasn't aiming for a career, he was aiming for an ideal, one that was equivalent to climbing the Hokage mountain using just your knees and elbows. He was going to show that Hashirama wasn't the limit to what someone can reach. He will surpass the man he has looked up to from a distance, just like everyone else. When he surpasses him though, he just knows;

'They'll be legendary.'

“Oh man Akame, this is awesome! The great Senju and Sarutobi, working together once again in the next generation of great ninja! This is just awesome!” Frankly, Akame couldn't agree more. He has heard the many war stories told to him of the Senju, the Sarutobi, and the Shimura and their many battles, and how while the Uchiha lost the Hagoromo Clan overall, the triple threat powerhouses that were those three clans remained the strong roots which grew Konoha into what it is today.

He could see the cheeks of his friend redden from blushing as the chuckling rose from what he had said.
“Hehe, sorry about that. I guess I was just happy to see that my clan’s allies have ninja in my class as well! After all, its friendships like ours that make the village strong.” The young Senju grinned in response. "It's awesome to see that there's a Sarutobi in the class too. It just means that we're gonna show the old geezers that our class is the best." He threw a thumbs up towards his blushing friend. Yeah, he knew without a doubt that this was a meeting meant to give them both someone to push towards the top, to work off one another and constantly one-up each other. The Senju and Sarutobi Clans were lifelong friends, but Akame knew that the bonds placed today will make a rivalry out of that relationship too.

Picking up the ball from before, Akame would have an idea pop into his mind. "Think fast!" He exclaimed as he beamed the ball towards his friend. Using it as a distraction, the young Senju began casting the Tiger, Boar, Ox, Dog, Snake hand seals slightly faster than earlier and waited. That log was still nearby, so he felt he was ready this time around. "Throw it back!"

wc 760

twc 4760
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 pm

The already emerging comradery between the Senju and the Sarutobi was clearly evident in their interactions. Between Akame sticking out his tongue at Kyoshi and the pair laughing along with one another’s boasting and claims of future greatness, the young Sarutobi was growing more and more fond of his new friend. Though he had to admit that Akame’s claim that he would one day be stronger than the Hokage seemed ridiculous to Kyoshi. Hashirama Senju was the greatest ninja to even walk the earth, having mastered the art of Wood Release to the extent that he managed to create the Village Hidden in the Leaves that so many people now called home. Not only that, but he was such a compelling person that eh convinced Madara Uchiha to pull the Uchiha and Senju clans together so that Konohagakure no Sato could exist. He was a legend in every sense of the word, and he still watched over the village with all of that power available to him. Kyoshi’s own father said that nobody would ever be as strong as the Hokage ever again. Despite that, Kyoshi simply continued to smile along with Akame, wondering if the young Senju in front of him would actually be able to grow into someone that powerful someday. If anyone could, it was Akame, given how determined he seemed to be.

Kyoshi also wanted to be a strong ninja someday, though he had no delusions that he would ever be as powerful as Hashirama Senju. If anything, he just wanted to come close to that level if he could. The village meant so much to him because of the way he was raise, with his father and mother instilling him with the importance to carry the Will of Fire with him always, and being a living example of how everyone in the village can live in harmony, no matter their background or clan. Kyoshi wanted to live up to that strong legacy that his family had helped to create, and the best way he could do that was by protecting the village that he had been taught to hold so dearly. But in order for him to do that effectively, he would have to better himself as a ninja, so that maybe someday he really could be the strongest in the village.

And as he looked over to Akame, who was going on about how they would show their teachers how strong they would be someday, Kyoshi knew that he was on the right path to attaining that strength. This friendship, and this rivalry, was the perfect was for both of them. As Akame ran over to the ball that they had been tossing around earlier, Kyoshi could not help but be excited about what they could possibly do next. He was learning so much in such a short time, and the more the better considering how soon the graduation exams were. In this short time, the pair had managed to make way more progress than Kyoshi ever would have made alone in this short period of time. Hopefully they could make this kind of training a regular occurrence…

"Think fast!" the young Senju exclaimed as he beamed the ball that he retrieved toward Kyoshi. Taken by surprise, the academy student jumped up and snatched the ball out of the air just before it got past him. Landing, he spun around and looked at his new friend who was smiling and standing read, as if something was about to happen. "Throw it back!" he said excitedly, causing Kyoshi to scratch his head a little bit. “Um, sure Akame…But I don’t know what you’re so excited about.” He bounced the ball a couple of times off of the ground before gripping it tightly in one hand and let a grin creep onto his face. “Alright, here it comes!” he said as he wound up his arm and then let the ball fly. It was a good throw, Kyoshi had to admit. It went straight for the Senju’s chest, which made it a pretty easy catch, except that Akame wasn’t making no move to catch it. Instead, as soon as the ball got to the point where the student could normally snatch it out of the air, Kyoshi saw a puff of smoke appear, seeming out of nowhere. Startled, Kyoshi took a step back and raise his hands out of instinct alone before he realized what was going on.

Substitution?

WC:751+3590=4341

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:07 pm

"C'mon already, we don't have all day!" He said as he saw how unsure Kyoshi was at throwing the ball back at him. “Um, sure Akame…But I don’t know what you’re so excited about.” The young Senju watched as his friend bounced the ball off the ground a few times in what he could only assume to be an attempt at taking his time before actually doing it. Immediately though, he watched as he friend wound up that arm of his. “Alright, here it comes!” Immediately, the ball soared right towards him.

Akame immediately activated the jutsu in yet another attempt to actually perform it, to look cool by getting a step ahead of Kyoshi in the Substitution Jutsu. The thick white vapors covered him completely, and he felt almost as if he was getting stretched and distorted a mile long before he suddenly felt the tough, chipped wood of the bark smacking him in the left cheek, the log once more hitting him in the face. The smoke began the clear at this moment, and the ball would smack him in the chest hard enough to knock the already disoriented boy down.

He fell onto his back, the log falling nearby as the ball bounced off him and landed around two meters away. He curled up, holding his stinging left cheek between his two hands, rolling from left to right. "Ow ow ow ow.." He repeated, tears welling as he made sense of what had just happened. That was definitely a bad idea, especially the fact that he thought that actually having a ball thrown right at him would encourage him to actually get it right this time.

Using his right hand he would help push himself back onto his feet, where he would still hold onto his left cheek with his left hand. Light bruising with small scrapes was what was left behind on top of a whole lot of regret. Opening his eyes, he gazed around, only fixating on a curious sight above the academy.

Up on the rooftop, he saw his brother gazing down at him for a few moments, nodding his head before disappearing. 'He never planned to have me not come back until I learned those jutsu..' The realization hit hard. He already knew that he will have to give some payback for that, especially since he can pretty much blame the fact that he got hurt now on him. One step at a time though, and for as long as he looked, it would be no longer than a glance.

He would return his gaze onto his friend. "I'm alright, ow.." He would say as he gave a final rub to his cheek before smiling at Kyoshi. "That wasn't the best idea. I think I'm done with jutsu for now." He would say before he ran at his friend, attempting to lightly tap him on the chest while he ran by, aiming to speed off away from the Academy Grounds. "C'mon, let's find something to eat!" He would say.

wc 516

twc 5276
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 am

Kyoshi stood still, excited to see what would turn up in the place of Akame. He must have formed the hand seals while I was focused on the ball and looking away from him. It was a smart move, and Kyoshi had to admit that he had not expected it at all. But that was not all that Kyoshi did not expect. Where the young Sarutobi thought that in his friends place, a log or similar object would appear, he was sorely mistaken. When the white vapors cleared the area Kyoshi was greeted by the sight of his fellow student taking a hit from a log in the face before stumbling backwards. This was follow quickly by the ball tat Kyoshi had thrown striking Akame straight in the chest hard enough to cause the already unstable boy to topple over onto the ground. Akame then curled up for a moment next to the log, holding his face and grunting to himself, ”Ow ow ow ow…”. It was quite a sight to see, and despite the fact that his friend was in pain, Kyoshi had to stifle a quiet snort of laughter before he ran over to his side. He felt bad that he found the turn of events so amusing, but he was sure that Akame would not blame him. Even so, Kyoshi did his best to hide the laugh from Akame, just in case he took it the wrong way.

“Hey Akame, that looked like it hurt? Are you alright?” Looking on, Kyoshi watched as the Senju slowly lifted himself off of the ground before gazing past the Sarutobi student and towards a nearby building for just a brief moment. Before Kyoshi could even react, Akame was talking to him again. "I'm alright, ow.." He would say as he gave a final rub to his cheek before smiling at Kyoshi. "That wasn't the best idea. I think I'm done with jutsu for now." Suddenly, the Senju boy rushed past him with a burst of speed, tapping Kyoshi on the chest as he ran by him smiling. "C'mon, let's find something to eat!" Kyoshi smiled back as the boy ran past him. Breaking into a run himself, the young Sarutobi called after his ally. “Sounds good to me! I’ll follow your lead!”

The pair ran out of the academy grounds as they headed for somewhere to eat, but as they ran, Kyoshi had his mind on other things. With the graduation exams coming up so soon, the Sarutobi knew that he would have to start working even harder if he was going to pass and become a full fledged ninja. To become a genin would be the first step on his way to making his clan proud of him, and so that was the goal that he had in mind at the moment. Now that he knew Akame would be facing similar tests soon, he made a mental note to ask the young Senju if he would continue to train with him until the graduation exams were over. By working together, they would be able to pass for sure, and maybe they would even end up on the same squad! From what Kyoshi understood about the way genin function in the village, the new genin would all be put in three man squads in order to teach them about teamwork and to make them more effective ninja. It was an exciting possibility that the two boys might end up working together in the long run, but Kyoshi had no way to guarantee that.

As they ran, Kyoshi realized that he had no idea where they were going. Sure, he was hungry, but he had to make sur ehe knew how to get home after this was all over. Otherwise, his mother might cook him for dinner. The Sarutobi took a moment to shudder at the thought of his mother’s wrath before calling out to Akame once again. “So Akame, where exactly are we going for food? I can’t stay out too long or my mom might kill me before I ever get the change to graduate with you!”

WC:696+4341=5037

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:15 pm

“So Akame, where exactly are we going for food? I can’t stay out too long or my mom might kill me before I ever get the change to graduate with you!”

"Don't worry, Kyoshi! I know just the place!" Akame did know of just the place to go, but it certainly wasn't going to be something of convenience. He didn't crave for something of convenience, or of really anything truly to eat. What he had said had been but a little white lie that he hoped wouldn't hurt his new friend too much. His curiosity was too great for him to resist where he was attempting to lead them both off to, and he had to announce going somewhere to eat as a means of getting his brother to not watch over them as the terrific duo began running off to do a little exploring.

Ever since he was a young child, he had learned of the Warring States Era, of his missing father's involvement, of his brother's intense training that he had underwent alongside the other children, of how the bloody conflict between primarily them and the Uchiha had led to the death of even the First Hokage's younger brothers. These stories; designed to both educate and warn him away from the Uchiha, made him be a coward for the better part of his short life. The simple fact that he hasn't even stepped foot within that place yet has come to prove that he was buying into the superstitious nonsense his family had and wished to pass onto him.

Both his most first friendship with Tetsuji and the most recent bond growing between him and his new Sarutobi friend however had come to convince him to actually explore this forbidden fruit, to take a bite out of it and see what comes to pass. His curiosity of the Uchiha grew with seeing his classmate's passion for defending the traitor Madara from that bully, and seeing how displeased his older brother was only served to further tell him that he should take a step forward and see what lies beyond the dotted line.

He knew they were getting closer. He had passed through the hustle and bustle of the slowly dying market crowd in the main area, and the occasional food stall became more and more distant from one another. Places of residence became more frequent than business, and seemingly, for a few moments, it seemed like there was nothing to eat. He was almost positive that his buddy would probably be confused by what had happened and about where they're going, so before they reached his goal, Akame ceased his running and would turn around, lightly panting, though a look that can only be seen as enthusiastic etched onto his face.

"Do you remember the whole deal in regards to what happened before Konoha? Between the Senju and Uchiha Clan? I mean, you definitely do because you're a Sarutobi, your clan was largely involved in it! But still, you'll see what I'm getting at. I just need to apologize first for leading you on about food. Maybe we'll find some in it, if we don't get kicked out. I just needed to make sure my brother didn't follow us." Leaning forwards with his hands to his sides, he would bow enough for the top of his head to point directly at Kyoshi before returning to his normal hunched posture. "Sorry!"

Turning around again, Akame would continue one, moving out of the outskirts of the residential area, and appearing directly before the entrance to a certain famous Clan Compound; The Uchiha Clan Compound.

"Here we are! I wanna see what's inside for once."

The young Senju eagerly ran inside, red eyes looking around in amazement: It looked pretty much like what one would expect a clan compound to be like, though just the fact that it was his first time entering this part of the village excited him greatly. It was like stepping into a whole new world, one littered with the symbols of not only his clan's equal, but its greatest threat.

"Wow, this is so cool!" He said, walking through the streets of the compound, looking around at the various residences, though what had caught his eye currently was something that can help keep his promise to Kyoshi; A Senbei Shop.

"There! We can eat some senbei there!" He'd proclaim, pointing towards the establishment before running towards it, hoping Kyoshi followed along.

wc 765

twc 6041
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top