Just Some Training [Open/Kyoshi]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just Some Training [Open/Kyoshi]

Post by Kyoshi on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Kyoshi was terrible at this. He knew it the second his voice trailed off while he was talking to the shop keep. Why would she think they were bothering her? It was literally her job to sell senbei to people. She would have no reason to care about them being in her shop. In fact she should be happy to see them. "We'll have two of your delicious senbei please!" The young Sarutobi found himself saved by Akame who decided to step in and take matters into his own hands. A wave of relief washed over Kyoshi for a moment as the young Senju got the snacks from the shop owner and paid her for the goods. Kyoshi made a brief mental note to pay the boy back. "Low profile, huh?" Akame said jokingly to the academy student. Those two words told Kyoshi all he needed to know about the situation, and well as a little bit about himself. Whether Akame knew it or not, he had just pointed out something that Kyoshi had not realized he had been missing in his ninja training. If Kyoshi had been in enemy territory, or had needed to fool someone because of a mission, he surly would have failed. It was embarrassing to think, someone who should be graduating from the academy so soon was so awful at subterfuge. He shook his head as his companion bid the woman farewell and the pair made their way back out into the streets.

Once they were clear of the store front, Kyoshi glanced towards his friend as he chewed on his cracker. He nibbled for a moment contemplating just how he should respond. Part of him felt like he should apologize for being so clumsy, but the other part of him was screaming to just crab his Senju friend and flee form the compound. He did not feel right being here, he felt like they were trespassing somewhere sacred, although that was far from the truth. Ultimately deciding on an apology, he found that it was too late to reply as Akame spoke up once again. "It's not like the main streets are closed off, right? Besides, you can't tell me you weren't at the least bit curious about here. there's not gonna be any place where you're liked by everyone, and who knows? We can learn a thing or two from this." Kyoshi sighed in resignation, “You’re right of course. We have no reason to be worried, especially since we aren’t causing any trouble or anything like that. I guess there is no harm in us looking around for a bit.”

The pair continued down the streets as they both partook of their rice crackers, occasionally needing to ignore the sideways glances from Uchiha who knew that they clearly did not know their way around. Even so, it was good for Kyoshi to see all of this. They were, in fact, his allies; he did not need to be afraid of them. At the very worst they would ask him to leave, and he could comply. The further they walked, the more sparse the people around them became, until the two were nearly alone, and Kyoshi began to relax a little bit. Out of the corner of his eye he caught Akame smiling at him. "You already know I want to surpass the first, and that's not just in ability. My mom told me before that if I want to actually make it, I gotta show that I'm not frightened by really anything at all, not even of places that you don't really belong at." Kyoshi smiled back at the thought of his friend growing stronger than Lord Hokage. “Well, your mom is right there. Lord Hokage isn’t afraid of anything. He built this amazing village and stopped war all around the world with his power, but he was never afraid of getting hurt in the process. He’s pretty amazing…” He paused for a moment, remembering the stories that he had been told about the founding of the village.

It was about this time that the duo arrived at the base of a series of stone steps, heading up to a building bearing the Uchiha clan symbol. With little hesitation, the young Senju began to make his way up the steps, speaking on the unity of the village that sounded very familiar to Kyoshi. It was as if the Senju elders had stolen their lessons from the Sarutobi clan. Or perhaps, more accurately, it was the other way around. Although the Sarutobi clan were proud believers in the Will of Fire, they were by no means the first to come up with its ideas. It was a comforting thought, to know that him and Akame were even more alike than he had originally thought. At about the midpoint of the steps, Akame stopped and turned around, Kyoshi only a few steps behind him. Glancing over his shoulder, the academy student took in the view that Akame was seeing. The large face of the Hokage on the mountainside was an encouraging one, that was for sure. "I want to be better than my heroes, and I want to understand the Uchiha better than them so I can do just that. I want to see what's at the top here, do you or do you want to go ahead and head back? I know you said your mom will get angry at you if you stay out too long, so I want to check with you first."

Kyoshi chuckled at that last comment. “Ah, I’ve come this far with you, haven’t I? I might as well finish the journey!” He chuckled for a moment before he stepped past Akame and continued on his way up the steps. With a smile spread accross on his face, and his comfort level rising with each step up that he took, Kyoshi looked over to his friend. “You’re a pretty inspiring guy Akame. I think that you would make a great Hokage when you get that strong. But you know, it won’t be easy. If you really want to be as strong as him, or even stronger, you know that means you’ll have to be able to build a village like this one with your jutsu someday right? Do you think you’ll be able to do that? Can you use wood release like the Hokage?” He turned and kept walking up the steps, nearing the top with each passing moment as he continued. “I don’t think I could ever be that strong. Not on my own at least. But how about this? How about, we train with each other, every step of the way. We’ll push each other to be stronger, and we will help each other when we need it. We can grow together, until someday, one of us can become the next Hokage. And the first one to do that, is the winner!” He clapped his hands with excitement at the thought. “It’s the ultimate competition! One that not only makes us stronger, but the whole village as well. What do you think?”

WC:1208+6011=7219

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:15 am

“Well, your mom is right there. Lord Hokage isn’t afraid of anything. He built this amazing village and stopped war all around the world with his power, but he was never afraid of getting hurt in the process. He’s pretty amazing…”

'Pretty amazing? No, amazing would be if we didn't get in trouble for this..' Akame thought to himself, mistakenly leaving out the more.. forbidden part of his intentions, which included actually seeing the inside of what he could only assume were the more sacred grounds for the Uchiha. No doubt whether from blind paranoia or just somewhat decent intuition, they were already stepping into rule-breaking territory and they hadn't even reached the top yet. It was also a thought that expressed his admiration for the First, as while he saw himself as right in saying what was amazing, he saw someone that can do those deeds as absolutely spectacular, worthy of the admiration and envy of friendless twelve and thirteen-year-olds everywhere. What came next though was chuckling alongside he new friend's declaring that he's not going to chicken out. He came this far, might as well finish the journey, and then he walked past the Senju, taking the lead in their little subtle competition of boldness and leadership.

“You’re a pretty inspiring guy Akame. I think that you would make a great Hokage when you get that strong. But you know, it won’t be easy. If you really want to be as strong as him, or even stronger, you know that means you’ll have to be able to build a village like this one with your jutsu someday right? Do you think you’ll be able to do that? Can you use wood release like the Hokage?”

"Hokage.." The young Senju's desires lied not with a rank such as that. He didn't even think about what position he wished to hold in the government that is their village, only about the "destiny" that his immediate family expected him to follow on until the end. Does being Hokage lie upon that road? In order to become a branch, do you need leaves? His trance of admiration, Envy, and infatuation for the First was immediately broken by the thought of becoming Hokage, of reaching that ceiling and being declared "the strongest" just for wearing a hat with a symbol on it, strapped behind a desk until real trouble comes. For someone that actually wishes to be the strongest, is that same desk his future? The pit in his gut which he had ignored for a while now seemed to have its own answer for him, and his heart tended to agree in this situation.

"Can I use wood release like him? Well.. no..." His voice trailed off for a few moments as his thoughts raced to figure out how exactly he would learn it, though that didn't matter now, his goals were being questioned, and he wouldn't let that happen. "Not yet, but I will, you can bet on that! When I do too you'll have to admit that I can get stronger than him. Even if I don't though, I'll master both water and earth and show that you don't need wood to get good." He nodded to himself in self-assurance of his resolute response. His will stood like a steel wall against the winds of these little teasing doubts. He doesn't need to build a village with wood, he just needs to actually do legendary things of his own, like fight a monster, or stop an enemy from continuing an necessary battle. Water dragons and mudslides can overcome a forest, and look cooler while doing it.

The steps neared at this point, and all the young Senju could do is listen to his Sarutobi friend.
“I don’t think I could ever be that strong. Not on my own at least. But how about this? How about, we train with each other, every step of the way. We’ll push each other to be stronger, and we will help each other when we need it. We can grow together, until someday, one of us can become the next Hokage. And the first one to do that, is the winner! It’s the ultimate competition! One that not only makes us stronger, but the whole village as well. What do you think?”

And just like that, Akame didn't have it in him to tell Kyoshi of his lack of a desire to become Hokage, he just didn't.

He'd wait a short moment, contemplating the offer before smirking back towards his friend. "All right, deal! Winner gets Hokage, loser has to pay for the other's meals for the next five years!" The latter was just a joke, a means of giving a fun little condition, though he purposely passed off Kyoshi's own doubts of becoming that strong. His mother taught him to not encourage others to shoot higher than him, since it cuts out future problems later on. Shoot for the moon, land among the stars, shoot for space, land on a cloud. He silently hoped to himself that Kyoshi will find the ability within himself to not hit a ceiling, but Akame couldn't bring himself to deny the teachings of his real family, friends be damned.

They would reach the top of the steps at this moment side by side, the shrine itself ahead of them with a flat terrain of stone and dirt and freshly cut grass in between. "Wow.. I wonder what's inside!" The young Senju exclaimed with enthusiasm as he began to run, still ignoring the gut feeling as he focused in on the building before them, wondering what sort of fun stuff it has inside. He was already halfway across the area, curiosity peaking.

His gut feeling was correct, though.

A flash appeared before the two boys, and before them stood a singular man, dressed in shinobi garb, flak jacket included and short black hair, just like Akame's, though while the boy's expressions tend to not be threatening, the narrowed eyes this man possessed shot through the young Senju like needles through thread, sowing threads of fear through him. The smile was that of a predator catching prey, almost challenging both boys to try to take a step towards him. "Well, well, two brats that don't know where they belong. Let me guess.." Before he knew it, the adult male was on Akame's left, using a hand to lift up his left sleeve; a lucky guess of where the now exposed tattoo of his clan was. "A Senju.." For a single moment, the boy could've sworn that he reached for a weapon, though clearly if he did, he wouldn't be seeing anything anymore, though it was more than clear enough that his grip on his sleeve tightened as his piercing gaze glided off of him and onto Kyoshi.

"The Senju always have some dogs with them. Let me guess; you're either a Shimura or a Sarutobi, but considering how buddy-buddy I saw you both being, I'm assuming the latter." Akame almost fell down from the yanking of his sleeve, and a light tearing sound can be heard as he was pulled towards Kyoshi, virtually pushed away. "So, since you decided to start trespassing, why shouldn't I do the village a favor and rid it of two troublemakers, hmm?"

Unlike Akame's previous hallucination, this time the presumably Uchiha shinobi pulled out a kunai, the dark metal glimmering lightly in the light of the sunset. "You not only trespassed, but you have the audacity to walk around here, acting like you have the right.." His expression darkened, the predatory smile turning into a scowl.

"Wait, let him go! He didn't even want to do this!" Was what Akame wanted to say, though the pressure was too great, and those orange eyes of his were widened with fear while his hands and knees were shaking. He looked back towards Kyoshi for a moment, the pit inside him twisting. 'Run, you baka! He's bluffing, he's just trying to scare you into leaving!' His mind tried speaking rational thoughts to him, but he couldn't bring himself to move as he was frozen in place like an ice sculpture made of fear. His vain attempts at mustering up courage failing almost instantly. "W-wa-wah.." He began to stammer, borderline whimpering, though after a few more times, he fell into silence.

wc 1443

twc 8404

Last edited by Akame on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Kyoshi was not overly surprised to hear that his Senju friend was not able to use the legendary wood release like Lord Hokage. I mean after all, Kyoshi himself could not use a single nature transformation despite doing well on many of the practical portions of his academy training. In fact, Kyoushi could not think of a single student in their class who could use anything other than basic ninjutsu. That wasn’t a surprise though, considering the training that had to go into make elemental jutsu. From what his father had told him, many of the Sarutobi clan were masters of Fire Release techniques, though that was not the case for all of them. The young Sarutobi was curious of course, but it had not been a priority in his mind until this moment. In any case, the fact that Akame could not use an incredibly powerful nature transformation like wood release was not a surprise, but hearing his resolve when he said that he would master it someday brought yet another smile to the academy student’s face. If it was true, and if Akame was ever able to use wood release, then Kyoshi knew he would have a lot of work to do to keep up with something like that, especially since his clan was not known for advanced elements or anything like that.

As the pair were nearing the top of the steps, Kyoshi finally got a reply to his challenge. "All right, deal! Winner gets Hokage, loser has to pay for the other's meals for the next five years!" Kyoshi laughed out loud at that as the duo finally reached the apex of the stairs that they had been climbing. Atop this hill was a shine of some sort with flat ground and a pristine lawn of some sort separating the edge where they stood from the shine itself. "Wow.. I wonder what's inside!" Kyoshi reached out a hand to stop his friend, but it was too late. The young Senju had already taken off across the area, and Kyoshi was left chasing him, as he had been all morning. “Akame, I really don’t think we should-“

His thought was cut short by the appearance of a tall man dressed in shinobi clothes and a village flack jacket. His eyes narrowed toward Akame, and a smile that Kyoshi could only describe as disturbing creeped across his face "Well, well, two brats that don't know where they belong. Let me guess.." Before Kyoshi could even speak, the adult male was on Akame's left, using a hand to lift up his left sleeve; a lucky guess of where the now exposed tattoo of his clan was. "A Senju.." Kyoshi’s eyes went wide, the reality of the situation setting in. They should not be there, and this man obviously did not share the opinion Hashirama Senju. He looked like he hated Akame, even though the young Sarutobi was sure that they had never met before. Kyoshi could see the grip on Akame’s sleeve growing as the man turned toward him at last. "The Senju always have some dogs with them. Let me guess; you're either a Shimura or a Sarutobi, but considering how buddy-buddy I saw you both being, I'm assuming the latter." Akame almost fell down from the yanking of his sleeve, and a light tearing sound could be heard as he was pulled towards Kyoshi, virtually pushed away. "So, since you decided to start trespassing, why shouldn't I do the village a favor and rid it of two troublemakers, hmm?"

Kyoshi could not believe his eyes as the presumably Uchiha ninja pulled out a kunai, and not a training one like Kyoshi was used to seeing. It was a real weapon, and the man looked poised to use it. "You not only trespassed, but you have the audacity to walk around here, acting like you have the right.." Beside him, Kyoshi could hear Akame starting to whimper, and he felt like doing the same. But he was NOT going to die today. “Screw this!” Kyoshi said out loud, not caring who heard. He turned on his heel and grabbed Akame by the arm as he took off, dragging his friend along if he would not run for himself. They had to get out of there. He took the steps two at a time as he careened down the hill that the pair had recently ascended, never letting go of his companion, no matter what. “We’re getting out of here Akame! Let’s go!” He could not remember ever running so hard in his life. Unless Akame pulled free of him, he would not stop. Instead, he printed to the entrance of the compound, not looking back for a moment, for fear that the stranger would show up right behind him. He was not about to die inside the walls of his village, and especially not right before graduation.

Finally, the two boys emerged from the compound gate, Kyoshi huffing and puffing for breath and hanging on to Akame’s arm, just in case. “Holy crap!” The young Sarutobi said between heaving breaths. “I thought we were done for. That was insane!” He could not believe that he had been threatened by a member of his own village, and an Uchiha no less. Sure, some of the clan members did not get along, but to pull a weapon on some kids? It seemed crazy. Turning toward Akame, Kyoshi continued to huff and puff for breath as he addressed him. “Are you alright man?”

WC:938+7219=8157

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 am

“Screw this!”

Like soft echos through an empty cavern Akame could hear the proclamation of his friend faintly, the two word phrase repeating itself over and over as he looked into those eyes of hatred, the yellow hues gliding towards the kunai itself. ‘He wouldn’t dare hurt me with that.’ The logical side within him attempted to calm him down somewhat, feeding him the facts of the situation. This was a bluff, a threat made empty thanks to the laws of the village. Harming him would cause an incident between the two families, harming Kyoshi would cause one even more, he wouldn’t dare. For once, his fear had him fully relying on name alone to confirm his thoughts. “You can’t hurt me!” He challenged through a wavering voice, but it was already too late, as he was already fleeing the scene with Kyoshi dragging him away, forcing him to face reality.

“We’re getting out of here Akame! Let’s go!” He would listen to his friend exclaim to him. ‘Did I just freeze up?’ The thought alone scared him. He could’ve sworn that’s what the mental conditioning was supposed to prevent. His eyes flickered from looking blankly on to Kyoshi, licking onto him as they ran down and down the hill, every lost step a monument to their cowardice. It would’ve disgusted him if he still didn’t feel the childlike fear inside of him; the irrational sort that lingers on, almost forcing someone to cry over nothing at all.

The streets of the compound were still just as empty as before with one or two lingering souls around, but they were just dark, shadowy blurs fading with the motion, two red dots attached to them, leaving small trails behind. This was just his head playing tricks on him though, he knew that already and paid no heed to this. The fast-paced sprinting felt like an eternity for huffing and puffing Akame. He was still in a daze, still hearing nothing but the emptiness inside of his head when he didn’t hear a voice sharing realizations with him. He can still see those eyes though, those same eyes that he could’ve sworn he saw before, though not the exact same kind. The expression was spot on, but attached to someone else. Poking and prodding did nothing but make him see but a dark wall; a barrier of nothing, so it will have to wait until later.

Soon enough, they were home free, free from that experience when they emerged from the gate of the compound. Still, even when free, Kyoshi still hasn’t let go of Akame as they both were huffing and puffing, gasping for air like a pair of beached fish. Thank god they still had the energy to be on their feet so they didn’t flop around like a pair of fish too. “Holy crap! I thought we were done for. That was insane!”

‘You can say that again.’ Akame began to nod but stopped himself partway through, instead just looking at his friend while he continue gasping for breath. His heart was pounding way too fast to be considered healthy and considering what had just happened, he could feeling something wet come back to his eyes. Wiping them quickly with his left arm however, he puffed out his cheeks and tried to do a heroic pose, his heavy breathing making his body still puff in and out. “Good thing you stopped him before I made my mov- who am I kidding.” His pose deflated back to the hunched over breathing that was before.

“I never felt like that before. That was just too scary” That helpless feeling, the look of blind disdain, it was all new to someone like him that wanted to have an adventure and show off a little to his new friend by expiring a new place. He didn’t expect to face something like that, something that would unexpectedly be so terrifying. Despite believing it to be a bluff, Kyoshi may have saved him before something bad happened. As much as he wanted to say he’d never do something like that again as well, he could still feel the curiosity in him fill the well once more.

“There’s my precious younger brother.” Before Akame could react, everything went black.

Holding the now unconscious young Senju in one arm and virtually pulling him away from Kyoshi would be an older man; one of whom shared Akame’s eye and hair color and stood at the taller height of six feet with the village flak jacket of a Chuunin strapped onto his body. His expression held a frown with a pair of half-open eyes; a look screaming disappointment. His gaze would lock onto the young Sarutobi. “You must be my younger brother’s newest friend. I think I recognize you from the academy as well. Do me a favor and don’t talk to him off of school grounds, it tends to give us all a headache when something like this happens because of enabling friends, wouldn’t you agree?”

With that, he would leave with Akame, hastily running off so they can prepare for a visit to help fix this newfound issue. He would look down towards his brother, that thing that he has to watch over and pretend to care about. ‘I can’t believe you’re the favorite.’

Wc 911

Twc 9315

[attempting to leave thread. Sorry for leaving the thread like that!]

Stat changes:

Strength +30
Speed +30
Endurance +34
Perception +30
Chakra +(passive trait reduced cost to increase by 20%)40

“shown work”:

9315 total

1500 for training remaining Academy jutsu

7815 left

Raising strength, speed, endurance, and perception to 30 = 6000

1815 left

1600/40 = 40 stat points for Chakra

215 left

200/50 = 4 extra points for endurance

15 left

Stat changes:

Strength 30
Speed 30
Endurance 34
Perception 30
Chakra 40
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoshi on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Kyohsi let out a small chuckle as Akame tried to sound brave for a moment before deflating with honesty. They would have been screwed had they stayed around. That was for sure. “I never felt like that before. That was just too scary.” Kyoshi’s laughter ended as he remembered how he had also felt only moments earlier. It had been terrifying, to say the least. Those guys could have killed them and nobody would even know, except for maybe the lady that had sold them some snacks earlier. It was not a feeling he wanted to deal with again any time soon. He let out a sigh and was about to reply to his friend when something unexpected happened. There was a blur, and the sound of man speaking, and when Kyoshi looked over to Akame, he saw only a man that he did not recognise.

Akame was being held, unconscious in one arm, and wore a flak jacket given to village chuunin. The look he was giving the young Sarutobi was one of disdain and disappointment, to say the least, and Kyoshi was ready for a tongue lashing. “You must be my younger brother’s newest friend. I think I recognize you from the academy as well. Do me a favor and don’t talk to him off of school grounds, it tends to give us all a headache when something like this happens because of enabling friends, wouldn’t you agree?” Kyoshi opened his mouth to argue, but before he even had the chance, the man was gone. He raised an eyebrow in confusion, trying to understand just why he should not be allowed to spend time with his friend off of the Academy grounds. All in all, the guy just seemed like a jerk.

“Well screw you!” Kyoshi said to the air around him, and to nobody in particular. That guy was not going to break up an awesome friendship, even if it was one that had almost gotten them beat up. No, Kyoshi and Akame were going to be friends and rivals from this day forward. Nothing and nobody was going to stop them from rising to the top! Turning away from the compound, Kyoshi began to make his way home, a big smile on his face and excitement twinkling in his eyes. Their journey together was just getting started!

[Exit Thread]

WC:395+8157=8552

Training

Body Replacement Technique (変わり身の術 ~ Kawarimi no Jutsu) (250/250)
Transformation Technique (250/250)
Clone Technique (分身の術 ~ Bunshin no Jutsu) (250/250)
Rope Escape Technique (縄抜けの術 ~ Nawanuke no Jutsu) (250/250)
Genjutsu: Release (幻術解 ~ Genjutsu Kai) (250/250)
Puppet String Technique (傀儡の術 ~ Kugutsu no Jutsu) (250/250)
Water Surface Walking Practice (水面歩行の業 ~ Suimen Hokō no Gyō) (250/250)
Generic Item Sealing (汎用シール ~ Han'yō shīru) (250/250)

Remaining WC: 6552

Strength from 0 to 50 with Weak trait(3000/3000)
Endurance from 0 to 20 (1000/1000)
Perception from 0 to 20 (1000/1000)
Speed from 3 to 20 (850/850)
Chakra from 10 to 27 with Chakra Ocean (680/680)

Unused WC: 22

Kyoshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top