Lore Discussion: The Supernatural

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lore Discussion: The Supernatural

Post by Zaiaku on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Something that usually crosses my mind when thinking about Naruto and the Bijuu is the in-general presence of the "supernatural" in Naruto. From what I can gather, demons exist (outside of the Bijuu) and so do ghosts. Along with this, there is also the presence of Jashin. Though never really elaborated on, the series strongly points to the fact that Jashin is not only real but rather active at the time of Shippuden. These are the more clear examples I've managed to identify. There are others,
but they're rather hazy. For example, the God Tree and Kaguya. Kaguya before eating the fruit of the God Tree already seemed to possess some extraordinary abilities that her clan was known for. After eating the fruit, however, it's safe to say that she essentially became a deity with the power she gained. The question is, however, did she become a literal god? Or was she still just a Ōtsutsuki who transcended past the normal limits via eating the fruit? This also extends to the Bijuu. Are they actually demons, or are they simply called that because of their tremendous power?

Needless to say, things like gods and demons do seem to exist in the world of Naruto, independent of chakra. To what extent, however, is the main question.
Zaiaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lore Discussion: The Supernatural

Post by Akame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 pm

The Ōtsutsuki were aliens that traveled around and ate chakra fruit in order to become stronger. When Kaguya ate the fruit it was just her becoming more and more powerful, though chances are in comparison to the rest of her race, she probably only seemed slightly stronger. The Bijuu aren't demons, they're just pieces of the Ten Tails, beings made from a being that came from the God Tree, so less demons and more akin to what you'd classify an Argonian from the Elder Scrolls, really.
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaiaku on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 pm

I know the Ōtsutsuki were dimension-hopping aliens. I was more so trying to say what if the fruit actually made Kaguya, for the lack of a better term ascend. This is mainly because the various descriptions of the God Tree always mention how it is of a divine nature and those who eat the fruit gain divine powers.

Though of course, they could mean "divine" in the same context as how they say bijuu are "demons".
Zaiaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akame on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm

I believe it was just their way to explain off something they don't really understand. It's like how they believed the Uchiha was full of hatred when the truth was they just felt the most love. It's just popular public opinion, which is usually wrong in the world of Naruto.
Akame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaiaku on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm

That could be true, though its hard to tell given how little we know of the God Tree. All the information we have is that random seeds come to planets from space, take centuries to grow, and the tree itself lasts for millennia. Or until the planet can no longer support itself and, thus, it dies along with the planet.
For all we know, it could be that actual gods made it sent it through space to randomly give worlds chakra.

That's....most likely not it, but the point is there.
Zaiaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top