Never Too Early (P)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Never Too Early (P)

Post by Akemi on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:46 pm

The day was winding down, albeit slowly, with the final lecture seeming to take years for the instructor to simply get to his point. Stupid bastard was definitely long winded, and Akemi had that constant itch to get to the library. After speaking with Satori, the other day, he was feeling ever more excited to learn as much as he could, he would be the ultimate shinobi. A shield for the people of the Kirigakure and a sword for her enemies, that was his destiny, and his purpose.

Akemi was packing up his books following the end of the Academy. He’d met once with with Satori Ryuutei, and had done his best in bonding with the young man over studies. He’d had a good time and hoped that he could once again discuss theory and application with the boy, it was entirely possible that they would wind up in the same squad after all. There were far too many variables to reliably compute, however, and so he decided that instead he’d head to the library like he usually did after school.

He tossed his books into his backpack and began to go over what exactly it was that he was going to do with the day. Several of his classmates were already talking about going out and playing, some were getting ready to go over their assignment for the next few days. Made Akemi thankful that he’d already finished the paper the other day. He wasn’t too keen on getting caught with his pants down, after all, and he still had so much reading to do. He had a renewed purpose, and a desire to surpass Satori.

Tightening his grip, Akemi pushed his chair back in and left the classroom, nearly getting bowled over when a few of those in his class ran past him. He grunted in annoyance and caught himself on the nearby wall. They were just kids though, he rationed, they don’t really know any better. They just want to be shinobi, they aren’t like myself or Satori.

Yet he knew of a few that seemed to have that spark of brilliance and resolve, other than the two of them. One of these was certainly a young woman named Lulako, though Akemi didn’t like her since she tended to use her strength and prowess to bully others. The other’s name was Riku, whom he didn’t know all that much about, but what few interactions they’d had had been completely ambivalent. He’d heard bad rumors about her that he didn’t even come close to believing. He’d been so lost in thought that he hadn’t been paying attention to where he was going and looked up in time to dodge another student. One that he was pretty sure he recognized as…

“Oh! Hello Rostu-san!” He began to wave as he approached her. “How are you doing today?”

{470}

Last edited by Akemi on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Never Too Early (P)

Post by Riku on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Riku, unlike Akemi, had not been bored at all in her classes --not even at the end of the day. She added to her notes as Nanami-sensei talked about the basics of sealing. Even though the lecture had only been cursory, Riku hardly missed a word of it. The ability to carry supplies in a bit of parchment excited her. Once she learned how to do the technique herself, she could carry home plant samples. Along with her notes, she scribbled ideas for sealing and potential experiments and potential courses of research outside of class. Her hand cramped a bit by the end of the class. Riku stowed her things away in her backpack and stretched her fingers. It didn't help much. She used her chakara to soothe the joints, a technique the instructors taught them in preparation for more advanced taijutsu. Once the ache dulled, Riku took her bag and left the classroom.

Other students ran off in groups, lingered in the hallways chatting, or called out extended goodbyes and promises to spend time together. Riku didn't have anyone like that in her class. No one wanted to go shopping, train, or hang out with the witch. The social exclusion didn't bother the blue haired girl too much. She preferred to focus on her studies and learning as much as possible. As long as Riku had her mother and little sister, she would never be lonely. Besides, she had made a friend at school from another class: Satori.

The exclusion was even beneficial in some ways. Riku knew who truly wanted to be around her. No one with false intentions would risk getting picked on for associating with her. No one her age was skilled enough to pretend to be her friend and get away with it. The space also gave the blue haired girl room to observe her peers. Her profiles on them might have been more detailed had she befriended her classmates, but Riku didn't think she was missing much. The notes she could take on their behaviors in class and during breaks was more than enough --people showed a lot of things when they thought no one was looking. They said more if they felt no one was listening. Riku always watched and listened, something that would horrify her classmates if they ever had the misfortune of finding out.

Riku reflexively sidestepped when a flash of motion distracted her from her musings. She would have kept walking if not for the greeting. The girl turned her head to see who had greeted her so politely.

"Nakamura-san," she replied evenly, turning to face the shorter kid. "I am well, and you?"

[450]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 pm

He smiled when she asked how he was doing. It shouldn’t have, but it felt odd to him for some reason; he wasn’t necessarily social, but he was always the one that had to do the talking and the asking. If he didn’t no one seemed to want to talk to him. That was why Satori had been so radically different. He’d actually come up to him that day in the library. He’d challenged Akemi’s resolve, and so now Akemi wanted to return the favor.

She’d moved out of the way ever so slightly before turning to face him and he smiled at her. “I’m doing pretty well. Was a little bored in class though, kinda want to go back to the library and read about the more advanced forms of sealing and the basics of summoning jutsus. Definitely should start hitting those before we get anywhere near graduating. You were really into that lesson though! I saw you practically burning through the paper as you wrote. Your hands ok?”

He didn’t know a ton about Riku, just that many students tended to avoid her. A lot of them called her a witch, something that didn’t make sense to Akemi, but forget them. If they wanted to avoid someone for no reason it was no skin off his nose.

“I met a guy named Satori the other day. Ran into him in the library and we talked for a while, he’s got a really big dream of being the Mizukage and I bet he can do it!” He shook his head, realizing that he was rambling again. That was such an annoying habit that he needed to fix. “Sorry.” Akemi scratched the back of his head. “I can ramble from time to time. Anyway, I’d talked about different techniques and things with him and I was wondering if you’d like to do the same? Discuss different nin, gen or taijutsus. We only get better through practice!” And he gave her a smile, though he wasn’t entirely sure how she’d take it, he was fully genuine in what he was saying.

[350]

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Riku took note of the slight surprise on Akemi's face when she asked how he was doing. It was a little surprising because the other children in their class didn't avoid the boy like they did with her. They weren't the friendliest with him, but they didn't seem to hate him either. Perhaps they were too self absorbed to return the dark haired boy's politeness. Riku's fingers stretched reflexively when Akemi commented on her rigorous note taking in class. Her face flushed slightly, it was a little embarrassing for someone else to read her so easily. She was too obvious.

"I take my education very seriously," the blue haired girl replied, lacing her fingers together and stretching them. "My hand will be alright."

Fortunately, Akemi kept talking, accepting her response easily. Riku smiled faintly at that. Someone who didn't ask too many questions and didn't shun her could be a useful ally later on. He had already met Satori, which meant she could ask for more insight on his character later if what she learned now didn't match his profile. Riku's profile for Akemi was pretty sparse, but she could work on that, especially if she accepted his offer to hang out. Besides, the shorter kid was studious and willing to work for her. An offer like that was irresistible to someone like Riku, even if she pretended not to be a little lonely.

The blue haired girl's smile widened into a genuinely pleased expression.

"Good to see you're actually interested in learning. That sounds like a good idea. Were you headed to the library?" She didn't comment on knowing Satori just yet, though Akemi had inadvertently just given her new information about her new friend. That would have to be something Riku watched. Akemi was a friendly kid and a little too eager to share information for her tastes, perhaps she could mold him to be choosier about who he told interesting information if she played her cards right. Riku's information network consisted of her own observational skills at present. Akemi could be a good addition to her budding network. Maybe. She would have to spend more time with him to figure it out.

[379/829]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:30 pm

He smiled widely when she replied that she took her education seriously, and was happy when she said that her fingers were going to be ok. Akemi was happy for that as he was hoping that she hadn’t injured herself while writing down the instruction. While he hadn’t told her, the main reason that he hadn’t been all that attentive in note taking during class today was because he’d already read a great deal about item sealing and had done some, though not a great deal, of practice on it. He’d used it to successfully call his notebook and several pencils to him. Larger items than the notebook tended to be an issue.

He watched her for a few seconds and when she smiled back at him he felt that giddiness that he usually felt over making a new friend beginning to bubble up inside of him. She said little, unfortunately, but he couldn’t deny that a potential new friend, not to mention a potential squadmate later on, was never bad to get to know early on. Slowly, he’d been getting something of a feel for her personality. She was definitely a good person, and very focused on her education, something he could definitely appreciate. When she asked if he was heading to the library, he was practically bouncing at the number of ideas that the two could cook up there.

“I was headed there indeed! I’ve still got a ton of work to do before we’re even close to ready for graduation, and I’ve still got a so much work to do on some flame jutsus that I’ve been working on. I’ve been going to the library a lot, mostly for independent research.” Then suddenly he blushed a bit. “And because my dad is the librarian so I tend to go there until its time to go home. I tend to have a lot of time to read about different ninjutsu and genjutsu. I would greatly appreciate the company to discuss with.” His smile might’ve been a little naïve, but at the same time, he was a fairly simple boy and wasn’t too bothered with how many of his peers saw him. Still he was hopeful that he would actually get to talk with her and work together.

{378}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:03 am

Riku's happy expression only intensified, a slight blush crossing her features. The possibilities they would h ave access to in the library seemed endless. For a moment, she forgot about trying to assess how useful Akemi could be and started to think of what they could come up with together. The boy's cheerful demeanor helped bring out the Riku's inner kid. Jaded as she liked to think she was, the blue haired little girl was only nine. New friends were exciting even if opening up was a little difficult at first.

"Sounds great! You must be able to study all the time," Riku chattered excitedly. "Let's go, then, we can go over things we need to have down to graduate. If we get bored of that, I'm sure we can find something else to talk about."

Riku grasped Akemi's sleeve and started to tug him along in the direction of the library. Her mind raced ahead of them, darting between different topics they could focus on. Although Riku knew how to put things in scrolls and could take them out undamaged half the time, she knew there was more to it than just that. She was missing something. There had been a time when Riku knew how to seal and unseal items, but her studies had been put on hold when her father passed --her skills left to rust in the damp mist that clung to her as she sold flowers and herbs in the streets.

She would relearn the skill, maybe with Akemi's help. They stopped at the library and Riku released her hold on the shorter kid's sleeve. Her breath came a bit heavier than before, Riku hadn't realized she'd been running. Sucking in a lungful of air through her nose, the girl grinned at her new acquaintance. Despite her disinterest in most of her classmates, Riku was still a sucker for friendship, for someone who shared her determination.

[331/1160]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Akemi saw her blush for a moment at his offer and couldn’t help but smile, realizing that she was happy that he’d suggested the library. With a big grin he nodded when she suggested that he must get to study a lot, as it wasn’t a lie. He studied more than many people did, though more often than not it was because of the fact that he didn’t have anywhere to go after classes were over at the academy. He knew that the chunin exams were coming up soon, and only wished that he’d been more prepared in order to take advantage of it.

“Absolutely! We might even be able to come up with ideas for new techniques!” he managed to get out right before she tugged on his sleeve to try and lead him to the library. She was going forward as quickly as she could, pulling him along behind her, though he was quite excited as well. He was excited to have someone who wanted to learn as much as he did, and could see something of a rival forming in Riku right before his eyes. Satori had become a rival for his taijutsu skills and here, with Riku, he was seeing someone who could push his studies in ninjutsu and fuinnjutsu. His classmates were wonderful people and he was lucky to have met them.

When they’d finally reached the library she finally let go of his sleeve, and she started to finally breath in a little heavier, had she not realized that they’d been sprinting at practically top speed? Even Akemi was having to catch his breath. As she smiled at him, he couldn’t help but smile back at her. He was happy that he had found someone that wanted to learn as much as he himself did!

“Ok!” he said. “Come on in!” He walked up and opened the door, holding it until she’d come through and afterwards walked up to his father sitting at the desk.

“Ah, hello Akemi-san,” his father said in a very professional way. “It’s good to see you again. Come to do some more studying?” As his second sentence came out his gaze passed over Riku. “I see that you’ve brought a new friend, as well. Greetings I am Akemi’s father, Ryu Nakamura.” With that he bowed then continued. “I thank you for making friends with Akemi-san. He comes here a lot after school to read and study, so he doesn’t do much in the way of socializing.”

This time he took her sleeve and hurried her along. “Yes, Oto-san, we’re going to go and study now. If you need me call me, but otherwise-”

His father nodded. “Yes, yes, otherwise don’t bother you.” He smiled down at Riku. “It was a pleasure to meet you, but he doesn’t want to be kept talking here much longer. I do hope you enjoy the library.”

“Thank goodness we’re away from him,” he muttered. “I love my father, of course, but he has a bad habit of talking too much…” He stopped at a table and sat his stuff down. “Ok! Let’s get to work! We’ve got all kinds of books here and I know where pretty much all of them are!” Again he smiled at her. “Anything specific you want to take a look at first?”

{554}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Riku had come to the library before, but this time was more exciting than most of her other visits --not that there had been that many. The blue haired girl tended not to linger at the Academy for very long after classes ended. She usually went home to help her mother and tend their budding greenhouse.

The girl frowned, confused when Akemi's father addressed him so formally, but she supposed he was at work. She fidgeted a bit under the older Nakamura's gaze.

"Riku Rostu," the girl introduced herself in turn to the man's own introduction. Her brown eyes flickered over to Akemi's face when his father said the boy didn't socialize much.

Akemi seemed friendly enough, and if she recalled the brief profile she had written about him, he was nice to all of their classmates. Perhaps he didn't spend much time with their peers outside of school hours, either. Were she and Satori exceptions? Riku's musings were interrupted as Akemi hurriedly dismissed his father and pulled her away by the sleeve.

"Nice to meet you, too, Oji-san." Riku waved politely as she was tugged deeper into the library.

Once they stopped, the blue haired girl gave the short boy a puzzled look. "What was that about? You rushed us away from your oto-san."

He answered her question in a low, muttered voice.

Riku nodded and set down her backpack as well. She wondered what else Akemi's father might have had to say. Perhaps she could find him in the library another day to find out. Even if Akemi wasn't interested because he had heard his father's ramblings a thousand times, Riku wasn't going to turn down a potential source of information. Akemi seemed nice, but that didn't mean she wouldn't need to know him inside and out.

The boy's question reminded Riku that she would be working with him instead of against him, for now at least.

"Well, we could look into fuinjutsu. We only got the basics in class. I want to know more. Kaa-san knows a little but she's been busy so I haven't asked her about it yet."

The blue haired girl opened her bag and began to pull out notebooks and graphite sticks. She might as well get comfortable, since they would be staying a while. Not too long, the greenhouse needed tending, but a while.

"What's your latest project?"

[416/1576]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm

She introduced herself congenially to Akemi’s father and the boy beside her had smiled. His father greatly enjoyed it when people came to the library and was even happier when people introduced themselves. He was a puzzle wrapped in an enigma, consistently reading the books of the library even when he couldn’t actually perform any of the jutsu himself. He’d never gone through any of the training, at least not that Akemi knew, so it always made him curious as to why his father read so many of the books.

She seemed ever so slightly confused, and perhaps annoyed, that he’d rushed them away from his father, though she seemed to accept the reasoning quickly enough. He hadn’t meant to be so rude, but he had more than enough of that from his father, and got it every day, especially with how often the two of them were in the library together. He would have to ask his father, later, if he was happy that Akemi was making so many new friends. The boy hoped so; he’d had enough of the comments about making friends.

She suggested looking into fuinjutsu, and he couldn’t help but smile; such had been the focus of his own studies of late. He’d only been focusing on weapons and ninja tools for now, though he had started to look into the theory behind forming a contract with and summoning different animals. He wondered exactly HOW one went about such a thing, but the best that he could do was to postulate on the hows and whys of it for now. He could seek information on it later.

He wouldn’t reveal the information about the animal summoning theory yet, he didn’t know how much he could trust her, after all. Still Akemi could definitely talk to her about weapon and ninja tool summoning, since that was what they’d gone over in class… He had to spin it in a way that the only thing that he had been studying was that. Long as he didn’t talk about animal summoning then there shouldn’t be any problems.

“Oh that’s one of my favorites!” he said, as he began to rummage around in his backpack for his scroll. “I’ve been working on this for a little while now. My own personal summoning scroll for ninja tools and weapons.” Then he paused for a moment. “Well, ok, this one’s only for a weapon but I do have a ninja tool scroll back at home too! There it is!” He pulled out a scroll and laid it on the table before unfurling it. “This is for my ko-dachi, a weapon that my mother gave me to practice bukijutsu with.” He slammed his hand down on the words written in the center. There was a brief flash of light and he slowly pulled his weapon out and held it out in front of him with a smile. “I’ve gotten it down to here.”

{491}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Riku nodded at Akemi's explanation and watched him search for something in his backpack. Her brown eyes drank in the script on the scroll the short boy unfurled greedily, as if she could absorb it into her brain just by looking. Softly, she touched the place where the spirals extended from underneath the sword. It felt a bit warm under her fingers, probably from the chakra expenditure.

"I don't have any scrolls of my own, but my kaa-san uses some." Riku withdrew her hand and tilted her head. Then, she flipped through her notebook in search of her sealing notes. She skimmed her notes, a lot of it was just writing down the very basics with annotations in the margins about what her classmates were doing at certain points in the lecture. She turned back a few pages and smoothed the notebook so it would stay on the page she had chosen.

"Did you make that seal all by yourself?" Riku asked quietly, still managing to sound impressed.

The page Riku had turned to featured a basic storage seal, not unlike what could be found in the textbooks in the library. Around the sketch, she'd outlined possible objects and notes on the limits of storage scrolls. The blue haired girl understood the theory of storing something in a scroll, but hadn't practiced as much as she would have liked to.

If they practiced with Akemi's scroll, she might be able to gain some insight on how this worked. The idea of cooperation made the girl smile. She hadn't been terribly interested in the other children of her class because they wouldn't be able to help her reach her goals, they were nothing but distractions, but Akemi seemed to be different. They could work towards their goals together.

[305/1881]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm

He watched as she touched the bottom of the seal, right below where his weapon had come, a little curious as to what she was doing. He wondered if she had written her own yet. Suddenly he heard her say that she had none of her own, skimmed through her notes and asked if he’d made the scroll himself. He smiled almost confidently, and jabbed at himself with his thumb.

“I did indeed!” What he DIDN’T want to tell her, though, was that the main reason that he’d made it was because he was bored. The entire reason that he’d made this scroll in the first place was because his mom was never around and his dad couldn’t really help him train much. That was why he’d taken to making this seal, despite the fact that it had taken him a few days. He’d finally finished it and had simply begun practicing with it, tossing his sword from one side of his room to the other, and then recalling it with the scroll.

He pushed the scroll in her direction. “Here. I’m going to set it up for you to practice with it a few times. Then, once you’ve gotten comfortable with summoning the weapon we can work on starting your own scroll!” He looked over at his dad. “I think oto-san still has some of the ink that I used with him.” His father looked up from his book and waved with a smile, and Akemi returned the wave grinning back. “He’s a bit spacy, but pretty dependable. Especially with tea.”

Akemi held his kodachi and walked over to his father. “We’re doing some practice with scrolls. Would you just hold this here for me, oto-san?” The man smiled, not saying much as Akemi assumed, and turned back to his book. Then he walked back over to Riku. “Ok. So all you need to do is focus your chakra and put your hand on the seal. Don’t try to hold it down while its coming out of the seal, just lift it slowly up.” Then he sat down beside her and watched, with a smile. He wanted her to try this herself so that she would understand how to use it effectively. It wasn’t useful if only he kept doing it.

{380}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 pm

"That's impressive," the blue haired girl replied. She watched Akemi's face for a few more seconds, but her observations were interrupted when the boy pushed the scroll across the table. Riku frowned at Akemi's expression as he addressed his father, but the expression was gone by the time the boy turned around.

"Okay." Riku nodded in response. Her eyebrow quirked a bit at the mention of tea. Several facts about tea making and various benefits of different tea leaves came to mind. She kept those to herself, though. She could worry about tea and how well it might keep in a scroll once she perfected using it. Perhaps they could even conduct experiments.

The blue haired girl shook her head to clear out distracting thoughts and set her hand on the seal. She stared out into middle space, concentrating on her chakra. The increasingly familiar feeling of spiritual and physical energy moving along her pathways excited Riku. It was tingly, hot and cold at once. Her fingers almost itched at the feeling. Carefully, she let it coat the palm of her hand and seep into the paper. Pressure built up under hand, prompting her to lift it. A poof of smoke emitted from the scroll.

Riku waved a hand to clear it away and see what had come out of the scroll. She bit her lip, hoping it wasn't dented or broken.

[236/2117]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 am

He smiled as he turned back to her, not entirely sure he should accept such high praise as impressive from Riku-chan, but he relented in the end and smiled. He watched her slowly as her eyebrow quirked a bit about the tea when he mentioned it. What in the world was she thinking, he wondered. Maybe she was curious as to why his father had tea here, or, maybe she was wondering if they could summon tea from the scroll. Akemi actually had never thought of that and found himself a little curious as to what would actually happen if they did try summoning tea through the scroll…

She shook her head for a moment and stared off into the distance, and Akemi could feel the accumulation of chakra beginning. The feeling of energy moving through the library was actually rather different, since it wasn’t often that people practiced here. He scratched the side of his arm as she pulled in more energy into her hand and allowed it to flood onto the paper. The pressure build up below her hand, and she lifted the hand, a puff of smoke coming from the scroll and made Akemi smile.

Riku waved her hand, trying to clear away the smoke and see what she’d summoned. Akemi looked a bit closer, waving his hand as well and suddenly, sitting upon the scroll were two packets of shuriken, perfectly fine. Akemi smiled widely.

“See!” he said smile broadening. “You did it! And they came out perfectly!” He reached out and took one of the packages, before holding it up in front of his face and double checking the shuriken in the pack then held it up in front of her. “Not even a scratch! You did a really good job with this! It looks like your notes have been helping out in your studies!” Then he paused for a second and sat the shuriken back on the table. “Anything else you feel like you need to practice?”

{323}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am

"Oh. That was..." Riku paused. "Hm." The girl wasn't sure what to say. She blinked at the shuriken pack dumbly before grinning. "I guess I just overthought it."

She poked the pack of shuriken a couple of times to assure herself it was real.

"Now that I've caught up a bit, maybe we can try writing some seals ourselves. Basic stuff like storage scrolls. I know you've made one, but I haven't tried yet. Do you just copy the pattern and add chakra to it?"

She flipped through her notes to see what she had written about the subject. Asking Akemi was useful because he might have an answer that was a little different than what she'd found by herself. His perspective could be used to adjust her limited knowledge of sealing. Riku settled on a blank page where she could add fresh notes. She labeled the top of the page with the date and wrote Akemi's name next to it and the topic of their study session.

Most beginner texts were focused more on the use and limitations of sealing rather than making them. Riku knew that standard sealing scrolls could hold inanimate objects, but that there were limits on the size and weight of items that could be put inside. There wasn't much on putting perishable items or living things in scrolls, either. The blue haired girl would have to find out by experimenting or getting into more advanced texts.

Working with Akemi could help point her in the right direction. Riku held her graphite stick ready to write down what he said.

[272/2889]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Ironically, she didn’t sound nearly as enthused to have done it as Akemi was that she had accomplished it. But when a grin escaped her lips he at seeing that she’d done it, he couldn’t help but grin back. And he nodded as she spoke again. He couldn’t deny that he felt the same way to some degree, and that she’d probably overthought the idea. It wasn’t horribly difficult, though writing one exactly did take a bit of skill and he watched a little confused as she poked the shuriken pack to test if it was real.

When she asked him about making one he nodded, though watched as she quickly began flipping through her notebook and held her writing utensil ready. He scratched the back of his head and sighed a little.

“Hold on,” he said. “It’ll probably be better if we actually get you a scroll to write for yourself.” He dipped his hands into his backpack and looked around it a few times, but each scroll he had here already had something written down on it. He tossed out scroll after scroll, and his own graphite stick, but couldn’t find any empty scrolls that could be used for making a sealing scroll for practice.

“One second,” he muttered holding up a finger for her. “Imma go get you a scroll that you can practice with…” He got up and ran over to his dad. “Hello Oto-san!”

The man put down his book and smiled. “Hello again Akemi-kun. Something I can help you with?” He blushed as his father spoke to him. He was so used to being addressed as san while at the library. Chuckling, his father smiled at him. “Is there something I can do for you, son?”

Akemi nodded once and said, “Did you bring any of the scrolls with you? The ones that we bought to practice with?”

The man gave a slight smile and then reached behind the counter and handed him three of such scrolls. “Here. Just be careful. I only brought these three. You remember what to write on them, I trust?” Akemi nodded and ran back with a smile, and laid the three on the table the moment that he made it back.

“Ok! Here are three scrolls for practice. Now, like you were just talking about, copy down the normal inscription, then write the name of what you want to summon to you and then infuse it with chakra. Then place you hand on it, pump the chakra through and ta-da! You’ve got a summoning scroll!” He took a step back and sat down to watch her. “So any other questions?”

{442}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top