Beauty and the Beast (Satori/Private)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Beauty and the Beast (Satori/Private)

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Satori examined Riku’s arm carefully as she stood, raising a hand as a silent statement he was going to lift it, before taking it with surprisingly careful movements. His fingertips carefully tracing her arm along the bone, it was going to be uncomfortable likely, but not painful. Showing how often the boy had done this as he would make a face of distaste, “It’s not a complete break at least. But it’s definitely fractured,” he clarified calmly before straightening and looking at Nanami as the woman approached.

Her question caused Satori to tilt his head calmly, “They attacked her, I was going to let them fight, but they broke her arm so I intervened. He has minor puncture wounds to his face, and I probably pulled the muscles in his neck and back. I’ll carry him to the medical office if you want, but I won’t apologize.” The boy's voice was calm and deadly serious. Happy to take responsibility for his actions, but refusing to apologize for doing what was in his eyes, the right thing to do.

Perhaps he’d been a bit excessive, but he could have broken the boy's skull instead to match the break of Riku’s arm. As he stated this he glanced back at Riku and would tug off his jacket and start to carefully wrap her arm before wrapping it around her neck. His hoodie was ten sizes too large for the girl, easily, but that was fine. In this case, it helped since it made it a far more effective sling.

“Just until the nurse gives you something more proper, you need to keep it up after all,” he stated idly, before tracing his gaze toward their instructor calmly, waiting for her decision as he tucked his hands back into his pockets. He didn’t insult the teacher by saying it was her job to make sure things like this didn’t happen, but his eyes said more than enough from the disappointment emanating from them. Still, he remained respectful, he had been taught to be kind to his elders, even if they didn’t deserve it sometimes.

[363/3,041]
Satori Ryuutei

View user profile https://www.patreon.com/emblevins

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Riku winced as Satori prodded at her arm, but didn’t let any more tears fall. She had been enough of a crybaby already. Even a single tear was one too many for the blue haired girl. He was gentle, which Riku was begrudgingly grateful for --she would have felt better if she had managed to stay stoic the entire time.

The young girl bit her lip to keep from crying out as Satori wrapped her arm for him. When he was done she gave him a grateful albeit watery look. She avoided Nanami’s gaze and instead focussed on Satori’s response. This wasn’t the first problem she’d had with her classmates, just the worst.

Nanami sighed and massaged her temple. “Alright. If you would be so kind,” the instructor glanced down at the bloodied boy on the ground to indicate that she did indeed expect Satori to carry Sora, “I’ll let Handashi-sensei decide for himself if your actions warrant punishment. Come along you three.” She turned and began to lead them deeper into the Academy, towards the infirmary.

With her back to the students, the dark haired woman allowed her face to relax some from its stern expression. The children responsible for the scuffle would learn to regret their actions. She had warned each of the kids who bullied Riku most about harassing their fellow students. Now, she could make good on those threats. They would all have to explain to their parents, her, and the head instructor why they felt ganging up on Riku was an appropriate course of action. Then, they would sweep, mop, and scrub the Academy until their fingers bled. Perhaps the head instructor would allow for an even harsher sentence. Nanami had hoped that Riku would find a way to stand up for herself, but that courage had come too late, it seemed.

They entered the infirmary without fanfare. “Akita-sensei,” Nanami’s soft voice drew the attention of the school physician. “Could you heal a couple students for me? They were involved in a fight.”

[347/2888]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Satori smiled softly as Riku gave him the tear-filled, but grateful look, his hand gently patting her head to fix her hair and ease her before his gaze trailed toward the downed boy who was now a whimpering mess. Grunting he would step forward and grab the boy by the back of his shirt, “Maybe next time challenge her to a fuckin’ spar like normal, why do you think they exist, dumbass,” he stated in an annoyed tone before he would lift him up and lay him against this back as if he was carrying a backpack over his shoulder.

Making sure Riku walked in front of him, with the teacher in the front to protect the girl, he would walk forward along the familiar path to the nurse's office. As the door was pushed open, revealing the medical bay and Nanami called for her, the middle-aged man poked his head out curiously and immediately his eyes were drawn to Satori who stood above the other two.

“Satori! Not again, didn’t I tell you to stop injuring these poor kids? The Ryuutei clan’s teachings don’t carry over here, you know that!” The man quickly moved forward, gathering the boy as Satori dumped him on the ground next to him, the man quickly getting to work. Hands glowing a dim green light that was familiar to Satori who’s gaze trailed toward Riku, “Sensei, she’s far more seriously injured ya’ know,” he stated idly, not even addressing the man’s initial reaction to him, causing the man to blink and raise his gaze up.

“Ah, my apologies, I’m so used to him just dragging them here.” A kind smile formed on the man’s face as he gathered the boy up carefully and examined Riku with a frown, “An arm injury hm, in a sling-- sprung?” “Fractured,” Satori commented in an idle tone, his gaze trailing along the familiar walls of the infirmary as he glanced down at Riku and would meander alongside the girl protectively, whenever she sat on a medical bed he would lean against its foot.

Akita took notice of the behavior and arched a brow, “What happened this time?” he inquired, glancing from Satori, to Riku, and then Nanami questioningly as he halted the bleeding of the groaning boys face before moving toward Riku to begin dealing with her more serious injury instead.

[404/3,445]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:41 pm

Nanami frowned at Satori’s rough treatment of Sora, but didn’t comment. Instead, she leaned against the doorframe. When Akita mentioned Satori’s clan, the teacher realized why his behavior was so unusual. He was from the Ryuutei clan. She’d heard a bit of gossip about the kids from that clan, but had put it out of her mind until now.

Riku sat on an unoccupied bed, careful not to jostle her arm --it hurt enough on its own. She felt far less concerned with Satori’s lack of care for the bully Akita-sensei was tending to. He had gotten what he deserved in her opinion. Some petty part of herself felt immensely pleased to see how badly shaken Sora was. The girl’s brown eyes snapped to the healer’s face when he posed the question.

“We had a disagreement. I defended myself until they broke my arm and then Satori-san scared them away,” she said seriously.

Before anyone could ask who ‘they’ were, Riku turned her head to look Nanami in the eye. “Hana, Ichika, and Yuuta,” she intoned the names of her tormentors. “Hana probably has a bit of a limp; look for scabbing on Ichika’s head on the left hand side, above her ear; Yuuta should have at least some tenderness on his abdomen if no bruises. Proof that they attacked me, too. Satori can also identify them.”

Nanami nodded slowly, resisting the urge to give the blue haired girl an approving look.

“Well, I’ll leave you in Akita-sensei’s care. I need to report this incident before returning to class. You may go home after classes if you are not feeling well. A messenger will inform your parents about the parent-teacher conference that will surely follow this incident.”

With one last glance towards Akita and a bow in his direction, the dark haired instructor excused herself and left.

[321/3209]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Satori remained silent as Riku explained everything if she wanted to talk for him that saved him the trouble. Besides, she would know the exact locations that she had hit better than anyone anyway, and as he relaxed slowly he would allow his body to lower and sit at the foot of the bed. Resting his chin in his palm he would allow his gaze to trail to the side, examining Akita as he went to work carefully unwrapping the girl's arm and beginning to carefully repair the damage.

“I see, you were protecting someone for once, huh?” the man murmured under his breath curiously, before glancing toward Satori and arching a brow. “Why, have a crush on her?”

This caused the boy to blink once, before slowly lifting his gaze up and seriously contemplating the question, causing the man to blink and then wave a hand for a moment, “Satori it was a jok--” “Maybe,” he stated bluntly, causing the man to stare at him even as his gaze and face remained casual as ever. Slowly clearing his throat before going back to working on Riku with a bemused expression.

He would never understand the Ryuutei, if the boy was anything to go by. He’d never met a child that was so forward and blunt before, it was equal parts intriguing and confusing. Most boys would become either a stuttering mess or overreact in their refusal to such a statement, but Satori simply took it in stride as a casual conversation topic. Satori didn’t seem concerned as he instead would look toward Riku and allow a brief grin to form on his lips.

“Good job on their names. Hopefully, they get their shit together. If they need me to clarify I will, I’m sure a few people in the area saw it all as well, I’ll make sure no one lies to protect them.” Akita groaned at the way he said this, glancing over at the boy, “Satori, nothing drastic please, you give me enough work as it is, boy!”

Satori simply shrugged, “It’s not my fault so many of the students are idiots or lack the resolve to handle situations properly,” Akita released a sigh.

“Oh, so the five kids you put in physical therapy for a month because my jutsu couldn’t fix all the damage wasn’t your fault?” Akita inquired with an annoyed expression, causing Satori to shrug a bit in response, obviously not considering the topic even worth his time arguing and instead he would meander around to sit on the bed beside Riku, though facing the opposite direction.

“How’s her arm?” he inquired curiously, causing Akita to glance at him before shaking his head with a sigh and focusing on Riku’s limb once more. “A minor fracture, easily fixable, you’ll need to be easy on it for a few days though, medical jutsu repairs damage but it’s not a miracle maker. Make sure you intake some extra calcium the next few days as well, alright?” Offering a slight smile to the girl, he would continue carefully healing the wound decorating her limb.

[529/3,974]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Riku watched with interest as Akita's hands hovered over her injured limb. The feeling of his chakra was tingly in a pins and needles sort of way, a pleasant sensation in comparison with the throbbing she'd felt before he started to repair her limb. The tension pinching at her face relaxed, leaving a somewhat tired expression in its place. The scuffle earlier had taken a lot out of her. The girl half listened to Satori and Akita-sensei’s conversation. The tall boy's casual admission that he might have a crush on her made Riku's face turn bright red.

She stayed quiet, however, willing her blush to fade. Fortunately the intense pins and needles sensation helped distract the girl from the idea that a boy might like her.

Riku smiled vaguely as Satori promised to make sure her bullies were held accountable. This was the first time someone had decided to be loyal to her upon their first meeting. Her observations so far indicated that Satori was trustworthy and could even be considered a friend. Of course, the girl would write down her observations and review them again, but these were pleasing preliminary findings.

The banter between the tall boy and the doctor continued, eliciting a giggle from Riku.

Even though Akita's advice was something her mother had told her at least thrice, Riku appreciated it. The reminder would help her remember it better in the long term.

“Okay, I'll make sure I'm careful. Thank you Akita-sensei.”

[255/3464]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:49 pm

The girl was blushing, and he found that odd, and yet at the same time, it was a curious sensation. A tightness in his chest, similar to the sensation he had when he found a kitten and wanted to play with it, but different. The same pleasant sensation, but it was a bit more primal, a strange sensation he had never dealt with.

His thoughts were interrupted by Akita’s answer, and Satori nodded a bit, glad that the damage wasn’t severe as he would instead trail his gaze downward to examine Riku as she giggled. The noise was curious, causing him to tilt his head slightly in thought, it sounded like small bells or chimes in the wind. A single blink caused him to come to a conclusion, especially with the sensation of tightness in his chest, this was similar to how his father described the love for his mothers.

“I do,” he stated suddenly, causing Akita to blink and arch a brow to look back up toward Satori.

“You do?”

“I have a crush on her,” he clarified simply, causing the man to halt entirely, staring at the boy in complete confusion.

“You were just uncertain though, Satori, what are you talking about?” Akita’s tone was confused, surprised, and absolutely off-balance.

“Yeah, but then she laughed and blushed. She didn’t show me anything like that before. I like it.” Satori stated bluntly, curiously leaning closer to Riku, large crimson eyes staring into her own shamelessly as his head tilted a bit, like a great cat studying a mouse.

“Satori, that’s not how that works, you don’t just change your mind in the blink of an eye based on a few physical traits. You can certainly find someone more appealing, but--” “I like it. I like her.” Satori interrupted without concern as he would continue staring into Riku’s eyes, as if clarifying what he had just said for himself, causing Akita to simply stare in complete bafflement. After a few moments, Satori nodded, seeming content with this realization and would straighten as his gaze lifted back to Akita.

“Akita-sensei your medical jutsu stopped,” he commented idly, the man, busy staring at him in complete disbelief, utterly baffled. How on earth was the poor girl going to react to this?

[388/4,362]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:50 pm

“Huh?” Was Riku's oh so intelligible response to the conversation at hand and Satori's sudden proximity. His face was close --very much so, close enough for Riku to see the limbal ring in his irises and the way his piercings reflected the light. Her face felt hot, too hot. The blue haired girl just knew she was blushing. The bright red of her face clashed interestingly with her hair.

Despite her clear flusterment, the girl didn't move away from Satori. Instead, she'd leaned in a fraction until their noses touched.

“Is this how it works?”

She blinked owlishly, seemingly captivated by Satori's stare.

“Can I keep you?” Riku asked bluntly, despite the heat tinging her cheeks red. She reached up with her good arm and set a small hand on the tall boy's hair, fingers sliding into the thick spikes.

Her gaze dropped. “I um… I like your face.”

[157/3621]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Satori’s head tilted at the response, her face was red, and her eyes were transfixed into his own. That was a familiar expression, many that he stared down had similar reactions, though this one was different. Instead of fear, it was something else. Curious, he would feel her nose touch his own as she asked if “this is how it works”, before tilting his head a bit in the opposing direction and asked if she could ‘keep him’.

Humming lightly, he would draw himself back a bit and pull his legs up, resting his hands on his lap as he debated the question.

“You’d have to share,” he stated, explaining it as the teacher just stared in complete confusion. “My clan makes us take multiple wives, cus our kids die a lot,” he explained idly, not concerned in the slightest as he would raise a hand to hold his chin slowly.

“But, you’d be able to keep them too whenever I ended up with other wives, so I guess you could in a roundabout way?” As he pondered this, he would blink and then lower his gaze back down to her. He didn’t really care about marriage, but he knew that his clan's teachings were important, he couldn’t have a single wife. It would be risking the clan's survival, and that wasn’t acceptable with so few male heirs ever making it into adulthood such as he had.

His father had told him ‘not to worry about girls for now’, and he had agreed as he had little interest in them. Was this fine though? It wasn’t as though they would go get married right this moment, that wasn’t how it worked, that much he knew. Contemplating this, he would lower his gaze before shrugging.

“Well, for now, we can leave it at that I guess. There’s no reason to rush anything, my dad said I should take my time, so I think both of us liking each other is good enough for now, right?” Allowing a grin to spread across his lips, Akita was taken aback by how-- well, logical and calm the boy was about the entire situation. Not just the lack of embarrassment, but the fact he analyzed his own standing, goals, and likely Riku’s as well to come to that conclusion.

It was a surprisingly healthy choice, he had been prepared to have to intervene and talk them out of doing something stupid like getting betrothed at such a young age when they were to become shinobi. Releasing a relieved breath, he would return to his healing, letting the two have their discussion without his intervention, at least for now.

[455/4,817]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Riku pouted when Satori pulled away. She'd liked the warmth of his breath washing over her face. Despite that, the girl stayed put and listened to Satori talk about his clan’s traditions. Idly, she wondered what her mother's family thought about marriage. Her head tilted to the side in confusion. Her father has passed away long before Riku was able to understand such relationships. Did they have to get married to stay close?

“I think so.” The blue haired girl’s face scrunched up a bit in confusion.

Multiple wives? Sharing? Riku wasn't very good at sharing with anyone except Tsughi, her little sister. She hadn't even been thinking of marriage when she asked to keep Satori. Her thoughts had gone as far as making sure she got to play and train with him everyday. Then again, if he liked her then they could spend time together, so she would get to “keep” him in the sense that she wanted to.

Then, the girl nodded. “Yeah. I don't want to marry you right now. We can still hang out, right?” She gave Satori a concerned look. Her mother hadn't discussed boys very much with Riku and the girl hadn't thought about them much either. Her cousins didn't count.

“Friends?”

She offered Satori her extended pinky.

[224/3845]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 pm

“Yeah,” he answered simply, and his own massive pinky extended to wrap around her own with a grin, before drawing his hand back and placing it on the bed while she continued to be healed. However, once Akita was done, the boy would grin a bit and rise up.

“I can’t show you much when your arm is like that, but we could focus on some of your herbology knowledge,” he pondered idly before Akita could interject on the importance of her not using that arm too much. Releasing a sigh of relief he would carefully write out the notes, handing them to both before placing his fists on his hips.

“Satori, try to learn some restraint. In these situations, it’s important that you’re the bigger man.” Satori, at this, slowly allowed his gaze to trail over and focus on the man for a few moments, contemplating the statement before his eyes would slowly lower to meet the man’s gaze evenly.

“That’s why everyone is so weak. There isn’t anything stupid as being a “bigger man”, Akita-sensei. In a real fight, you kill the other people, period. No morals, no restraint, no mercy. Because they’re thinking the same thing. Being idealistic fits a teacher, but don’t expect me to be that way. I’m not going to be an instructor,” his hand lifted, pointing upward. “I’m aiming for much higher, after all.” With these words, he would turn and meander toward the door to the medical room.

Akita didn’t really have a way to tell the boy otherwise, his words were true, but at the same time, he worried about a child that already had that mentality. Usually, it took years for shinobi to get that way, and they became jaded and harsh. Somehow, that boy already had that mentality while retaining many traits of a child at the same time. It was unnerving.

Meanwhile, as Satori exited the door he would glance down to Riku and offer a slight grin. “Where do you wanna go? We could go back to class, but ditching and doing something more worth our time sounds better to me,” he usually didn’t get much out of class, most of what they taught him his clan already had. The classes he stuck around for were based on Ninjutsu and chakra and those were at the start of the day so students had time to get their energy back for physical training.

[418/5,235]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Riku watched Akita and Satori interact and once again wished she had her notebook. This would be an interesting interaction to analyze later.

“Thank you for healing my arm, Akita-sensei,” Riku said with a smile. The relief of having an arm that felt like it had fallen asleep compared to it being broken was almost enough to bring the girl to tears again. She got off the bed and followed Satori, making a mental note to write down that he was ambitious.

“Well,” the blue haired girl hesitated. She thought about the lessons they would miss. She shuffled from foot to foot a bit. Riku actually liked classes because of what she could learn about the topic and they allowed her to observe her classmates and update their profiles. However, Satori was offering her information that might not be available in classes. Besides, physical training was Riku's least favorite subject. She liked to throw things, but Taijutsu and conditioning were too distracting for her to get a good read on her classmates.

“Let's get out of here,” the blue haired girl said with a nod. “Where do you wanna go, Satori-san?”

Riku scuffed at the floor with the toe of her boot and inclined her head so she could look up at the taller boy’s face. Then, her stomach growled and cramped, drawing a grimace across her face.

“I left my lunch in the hallway,” Riku mourned. “Can we go get that first?”

[248/4093]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 pm

As she thought over the decision, Satori remained patient as ever. Resting his hands lightly on his hips while he watched her think until she came up with the answer of leaving. Laughing softly as her stomach growled, he nodded a bit.

“Sure, let’s go grab it. I only got to eat half my food too.” As he stated this, his head tilted slowly as he contemplated where he wanted to go afterward. He hadn’t really thought that far ahead, but he supposed first he should find out what her preferences were when it came to combat, so he could figure out exactly what to help her with.

“What do you usually use in combat? Your Taijutsu seemed pretty weak. Are you a Ninjutsuist?” Glancing down at her, he idly shifted his hands up to his back-- before realizing his blade, also, was still in the lunchroom. His eyes narrowed a bit, if anyone touched it he’d be taking fingers. Grumbling under his breath at his own idiocy, he would shake his head to clear it and focus on the small blue haired girls response, while offering his own clarification first.

“I can’t use Genjutsu. Males of my clan can’t, our chakra is too volatile. So I use Bukijutsu, Taijutsu, and Ninjutsu.” As he explained this, he would raise a large hand, extending his claws so that the long, feline-like claws caught the light, their blade-like tips making it clear he was no stranger to using them in combat.

[256/5,491]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Riku on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Riku shrugged. “I know enough Taijutsu not to get beat up too much in class. I like bukijutsu, genjutsu, and poison better. My opponents usually find out it was a mistake to bother me after the fact. That's why they call me a witch. People who bully me or take my things tend to get sick. They think I curse them.”

After that Riku looked away from her new friend, a slight frown on her face. Even though she really enjoyed studying at the Academy, her reputation made it difficult. Not a lot of other kids liked the witch. Riku didn't need them to be her friends, but that didn't mean she wanted to be hated either.

The blue haired girl picked up the pace once she saw her bento sitting where she'd left it. She grabbed her lunch, a smile crossing her face. Her stomach clenched uncomfortably, but Riku was already unwrapping her food. She grabbed an onigiri and shoved half of it into her mouth.

“Mmmm….” Her cheeks puffed up as the girl shoved the rest of the rice ball past her lips. The relief she felt was almost instant. Chewing was a bit difficult, but Riku powered through until she'd swallowed enough rice to be able to talk again.

“Shhryy, wshh real hnmgry,” the girl said a bit bashfully. Once the rice was in her tummy, she sighed in relief.

Riku closed the bento and asked, “where were you sitting at lunch?”

[250/4343]
Riku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

He contemplated the information she provided him with, if she prefered to utilize Bukijutsu and Genjutsu, then they would make a surprisingly potent team. Covering for one another's weaknesses, it was interesting really. Shifting himself slightly from one foot to another he watched her skitter toward her food, and eagerly begin to shove it into her mouth before even properly addressing anything else. Blinking once, slowly, he found that odd sensation in his chest again watching her cheeks puff out, over-burdened by the rice.

“Cute,” he commented simply, head tilting as a grin formed on his lips, before he would idly move forward and past her, his hand lowering to pet her head as he did so before he glanced around the room. Spotting his seat, still empty with the long ivory blade resting against the wall, and his half-eaten meal still sitting atop the table. Probably because they saw the Ryuutei clan symbol on it and knew better than touch anything. Meandering forward, his hand removing itself from her (surprisingly soft and fluffy) head, he would reach down and grasp the sheathed blade first.

Sliding it into the belt on his back once more, silently chiding himself for leaving it, even in the heat of the moment before he would gather up the box that was laden with fresh vegetables that had been diced and grilled, along with what looked like hand-carved chunks of meat. The cuts weren’t from a market, cut into pretty little slices. They were natural as if a hunter or butcher had purposely cut to get the best out of the meat, and as he turned with the venison already between two ivory chopsticks, he would toss the chunk of meat between his lips.

Moving back toward Riku, it would become plainly apparent that most of what Satori owned was ivory, his piercings, chopsticks, weapons, the buttons on his clothing, and even his bento box appeared to be made of wood and ivory polished and crafted together. Halting beside her, his fangs shredded through the meat with ease before he would chew his bite and nod toward the door, figuring they could eat in peace away from the room as he meandered forward, slowing his steps to ensure the much smaller girl could properly keep up with him.

[388/5,879]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top