Gentle Fist, Feral Claw [NK, Private]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gentle Fist, Feral Claw [NK, Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:39 pm

It was late, the other students had long left the training grounds, but Satori was still there and for good reason. A large wooden dummy resided in front of the unusually tall boy, nothing unusual, however the claw marks that covered it was something of note. The reasoning became evident as the boy lifted his hand slowly, examining the splinters that now decorated his hands, his claws having shredded into the wood repeatedly as he practiced his taijutsu. However, now the soft sound of crickets had begun to fill the foggy air, and the sky had begun to go dark.

He should return soon, though it wasn’t like he had a “bedtime” or anything so idiotic, he was an adult within his clan, with his own property and his own responsibilities. But, he was still his parent's child, his mother would become worried if he didn’t return to the clan compound in a few hours to at least check in with them. Releasing a slow breath, the boy would allow his hands to flex a few times, ignoring the splinters that decorated his fingertips as he straightened himself before allowing his gaze to trail over his surroundings slowly.

Sniffing the air briefly, Satori would allow himself to check if he detected anyone else's chakra, and would be pleasantly surprised when he found his eyes trailing toward the sound of rapid, smooth strikes colliding with another wooden training dummy in the distance. A curious tilt of his head caused the boy to reach down, grasping the ivory katana in his hand and allowing it to rest on his shoulder while he made his way toward the girl in the distance.

It was rare that he saw someone else here this late training, and it was an aspect he could respect in a person. Trailing along, he would halt a few steps away from the girl as he allowed a grin to form on his lips, the pointed teeth glinting in the light of the setting sun as his wild hair was brushed from his face lazily. “Yo’, it’s rare seeing someone else training here so late,” he stated, a simple conversation starter. He was curious about the girl, he didn’t recognize her which meant she was likely in another class if he had a guess.

[390]
Satori Ryuutei

View user profile https://www.patreon.com/emblevins

Back to top Go down

Re: Gentle Fist, Feral Claw [NK, Private]

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Lulako stared through her own training dummy with golden, dead looking eyes. She did not have her Byakugan active at that moment, but her every strike was just as precise as if she did, given the dummy had no chakra to target. She let the strikes flow like water, rapid but not forceful. Then, with a sudden change in tempo, she began to strike with more force and less fluidity. She let each burst of energy from her muscles carry through until she was starting to make some progress in forcing the dummy to wobble, but the exertion over an extended time became too much. She switched back to the smooth blows that did less damage to her already bandaged hand, knowing that one day she’d be able to make more effective use of them, once she removed the weakness keeping her chakra sealed inside of herself.

So engrossed in her training as she was, and uninterested in those around her, that she didn’t notice the time, or her company, for several hours. Even when Satori called out to her, it was as if she were deaf for quite some time. It was when he was much closer that Satori made an initial threat assessment of the stranger. They carried a weapon, and beyond that, they were larger and perhaps even stronger than she was. The temptation to risk further study tugged at her, but she kept her true abilities hidden for the moment, instead only turning to face him fully, eyes looking first at and then through Satori. “There is nothing more important than training. Anyone who can’t last this long must be weak. I don’t like weakness, I refuse to be weak. So I’m going to continue until I can’t. Isn’t that why you’re here too?” she lifted her left hand and began to examine the bandaging for damage while waiting for the larger student to respond to her question.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:22 pm

The girl's reaction was odd and incredibly bland, but at the same time that made her that much more interesting. Casually leaning forward a bit to examine her, he would tilt his head slightly as he examined her hands and the dummy, she’d been practicing basic strikes by the looks of it. Pretty dedicated as well, by the condition of the cloth wrapped around her arms. That was impressive on its own, but the way she talked about weakness and strength was also incredibly reminiscent of his clan's teachings.

Though, they were usually a bit more passionate about such things, so he supposed there was a difference there. The girl seemed to be suppressing her emotions, which was both a good and bad thing from what he could tell. Still, it wasn’t as though he knew enough about her to worry about it. For now, he’d just talk to her a bit, and try to learn exactly what kind of person she was, that would do as an initial assessment.

With that thought, he addressed her initial question with a casual air, his tone relaxed as he felt his tired muscles slowly relaxing from his initial barrage of training he’d been pushing himself through. “Mmn, well, there are some people that aren’t here that are training in other ways,” Riku came to mind, she trained for a bit but then went to study on medical jutsu and herbology. It didn’t make her weak, per say, just a different sort of strength.

Still, despite this he would smile a bit once more at the last bit of her question, “I don’t go until I collapse, pushing yourself too hard actually has negative repercussions when it comes to the body. You need time to recover, or you just damage yourself and don’t get anything out of it. I usually train till my body burns and I can’t fight well anymore, and then practice chakra control while I eat.” Tilting his head a bit, he would shift his gaze upward at the darkening sky in silent debation.

“How much longer are you gonna go?” he inquired thoughtfully, shifting his footing a bit as he re-focused his crimson eyes on the girls own empty, amber gaze. Depending on her response, he may have a few options to interact with the girl. She was interesting enough to hold his attention, at least for now.

[411/801]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Lulu turned her head towards the academy, looking through it for a few moments before letting her eyes shift sideways to look back at Sato. This conversation was short thus far, but in her head she was calculating how long it would go on before she could get back to her training, “I’m not sure how long I’ll keep going.” She mulled it over in her head. She hadn’t yet reached the abilities that her teachers had been describing, the things she should be capable of using her byakugan, and that alone was becoming an increasing annoyance to her. It, of course, only meant to her that she needed to train harder. The fact that she had achieved her goal once by accident was progress, but not nearly enough.

“I usually stop when one of my instructors tells me to.” that was to say, Lulu usually stopped training at the break of dawn, but that was the policy she had been keeping up to before she started attending the academy. Now that was a little less efficient, due to needing to arrive at the school in the morning. With so little time for sleep, she was becoming deprived of it. Though it helped her maintain her calm state, having less pent up energy, it was also a hindrance as Sato had pointed out. Compounding on that issue was the fact that most of her instructors had either quit, or started keeping their distance from her, and the few that stayed were nowhere near by at that time, she’d have likely kept training until classes had started again.

Slowly Lulu flexed the fingers on each hand. The responsiveness of her damaged left hand was a little slower and weaker than the right, and all this punching hadn’t done much to let it heal. Knowing that made her the slightest bit disgusted by it, conceptually it was weak for not having resisted her own flow of chakra. It was at this point that she realized she wasn’t paying attention to Sato again, though, so she forced herself to turn and give him her full attention for a few more moments. “If my body is capable of sustaining damage then I’m not strong enough yet.” she holds her left hand up in display, unwrapping the layers to reveal a myriad of red, blue and purple hues across the skin, “This is the result of not training hard enough. It is weakness. I cannot stop until the weakness is removed, replaced by strength.” she re-applies the bandage slowly, giving Sato time to speak again, but her mind is already starting to wander. She takes note of how Sato’s claws have done considerable damage to their own dummy, the weapon they carry with them, and the possible ways she could glean further strength from her own training knowing the things that they know.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Satori tilted his head slightly, “Well, you’re right, but also slightly wrong.” Raising a hand he pointed toward the bruises that decorated her arms and hands, “Gaining power is a three-step process. If you don’t find a balance between the steps, you fuck yourself over. All you’re doing is abusing step one, if you don’t do step two and three you’re not going to make progress, or at least, you won’t make it very quickly.” He wasn’t put off by the robotic attitude that weakness was wrong, or that something being broken was weak, after all, it was true. But strength was only gained once weakness was overcome by the bodies natural systems, though those systems could be increased certainly.

“Step one is destroying yourself. Step two is healing and recovery causing the areas that were destroyed to come back even stronger. Step three is to channel chakra during step two, and afterward to ensure the healing is done as quickly and efficiently as possible, and enforces your chakra network as well as your body.” This was something taught to him by his clan, by his father and mother, not the academy as they saw it as “to rough” for the children. If she didn’t have anyone to teach her these things, it made sense that she was just haphazardly abusing the first step.

Lifting a hand up slowly to scratch his chin in thought for a few moments, Satori would debate the options before slowly lowering his gaze to focus on the girl once more.

“How about this, come back with me to my mom, she can heal the damage for you and give you some tips. They’re really strong, and don’t follow the same weak-willed training that the Academy tries to push us to do.” As he spoke, Satori bounced the blade idly on his shoulder as he let a grin spread over his lips. “In return, once you’re healed, we can spar instead of using dummies. It’ll be a lot more effective, for both of us I think.” Though he enjoyed training with Riku, and she was certainly driven and a rarity, it wasn’t like his own obsession.

Her training was more cerebral then it was physical, and though he could respect it, it wasn’t really his style. But this girl seemed much more similar to him in that respect, finding someone that never wanted to stop training as much as he did was an opportunity he didn’t want to pass up. Besides, he was telling the truth, if she wanted to gain strength this way through hard training and abusing her body, she had to do it right. The academy wouldn’t teach her the right way to do it, but his clan wouldn’t mind as long as he vouched for her.

[484/1,285]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm

As she listened to Satori, Lulu began to fidget a bit more. Her hand clenching became a constant, grinding action until the knuckles of her left hand began to shift and pop a bit. It was steadily becoming more difficult to think clearly but at the very basic level the things she was being told sounded like they could be true. It was difficult for her to be certain, of course, but this person likely didn’t have any reason to lie to her. But it wasn’t until he mentioned wanting to spar that Lulu was fully on board with this idea.

It had become rare that anyone would spar with Lulu anymore. Her attitude of one person or the other being beaten into the ground, regardless of whether they had given up already, had given her at least some reputation around the academy as being too ruthless, and screw loose, to be a good team partner. So, to find someone willing to take her on, even now, she counted herself as lucky. She wondered, for just a moment, what this stranger’s blood would taste like. Or if she could even beat it out of them. But the thought passed, the only sign she’d had it being a shiver through her body and the first hint of a smile on her lips, “So… you know someone who can remove the weakness and replace it with strength? I didn’t know anyone could do that… my teachers only taught me how to use my eyes and my fists so far… they won’t tell me the special secrets. They don’t trust me.” the smile faded as she considered the faces of the teachers that had given up on her. She knew why they had been afraid. After all, who wanted to teach someone that could see into your weaknesses?

Lulu closed her eyes, hiding the golden irises beneath their lids for a second or two, before opening them again and letting Satori have her full attention now. Where before she had seemed distant, now she was focused. She didn’t look through him, but at him, “Alright, but only because I wanna play. I’ve spent so long training that nobody plays with me anymore.” with that she gave Satori a nod and a small smile, placing her hands behind her head in a relaxed position, “I hope you don’t mind, but they’ll probably have someone watch me too. I can’t go very far, they’re always making sure I don’t run away.” there didn’t seem to be anyone watching at the time, at least not that two students would spot, but Lulu seemed certain that she would have a tail. It wasn’t entirely unlikely, given the nature of her Dojutsu and the village’s desire to keep it under their control.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Satori’s head tilted a bit, eyes? A dojutsu? Well, he didn’t really care. If she did, then all the better for him, having experience fighting a Dojutsu user was a rare and useful change that he couldn’t pass up.

“Yeah, your body does it naturally too.” Nodding his head toward the road, a silent suggestion they could talk while they walked, he didn’t like wasting too much time after all. “When you break something, your body naturally builds it back up stronger. Though it’s only temporary unless you do it diligently like we do.” As he explained this, he would glance back to her hands, despite her comment on “playing”, and the hungry look in her eyes, Satori didn’t even blink.

Raised in a clan that thrived on battle, on the hunt, with a religious fervor meant that effectively such a mindset was totally normal to him. Instead, he would continue explaining casually as they walked. “So, with your hands, you’re breaking them repeatedly which is good-- but if you don’t give yourself time to heal, or get someone to heal them for you, you actually just cripple yourself. On the other hand, if you let it heal then the bones and flesh come back even stronger. Time it right and you build a pattern, and each time you increase your strength.” Lifting a hand he scratched at his chin with the tip of his claw idly for a moment.

“Think of your body like a building. Your hands are walls. If you keep busting holes in the walls, it won’t do anything. But if you punch holes, and then replace the old broken bricks with brand new bricks, and then add a layer to make sure the holes don’t form again, and you keep doing that eventually your wall won’t break, right?” He shrugged a bit, grinning. It was the basics of hardcore training, something that generally, the teachers didn’t want even Genin to do because of the risk. But the Ryuutei thrived on that style of training, and Satori had no issue encouraging it, after all, it would increase strength as well.

“My mom just accelerates that natural process with medical techniques, though she says it can’t be abused because it’s not a miracle maker. It’s still really helpful.” Interlacing his fingers around the ivory blade, he would glance down at the much smaller girl and tilt his head a bit. If she was being tailed, he wondered what they would think of her working with the infamous Ryuutei clan. A grin slowly spread across his lips, this time far more feral as his nose twitched, catching the drifting scent of chakra from a stalker and snickering.

He didn’t know the girl's history, but if they were too scared to make use of her talents that was their mistake. Satori had no issue helping her, after all, if she was this important then she could be a valuable asset later when he became Mizukage.

[513/1,798]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:38 pm

The more Satori spoke, the more the words rang true in Lulu’s head. She had put a hole in a wall once or twice before, but usually the people to patch it up did a poor job and left obviously flimsier patches where the holes had been. If they had taken more time, used better materials, then maybe the walls wouldn’t have been so easy to beat through. She lifted her hand and looked at it for a prolonged length of time as she followed the strange boy. If the bandage was like the plaster they used to poorly patch the walls, then it too was a sort of weakness. Slowly, she unraveled the fabric and let it drift away in the wind.

With her hand freed and the night’s cool air blowing over her wounds, an even wider smile came to her face. She was going to learn more, something that the others hadn’t taught her, and she was going to become stronger for it. She could hardly contain her excitement at the thought. She would finally be able to dig at the weakness inside of her and replace it with strength, so she could then do the same for others. Whether they wanted it or not. After all, it had helped her to get this far, why wouldn’t she be so kind as to save others from the terrible life that ineptitude brought with it? She was practically skipping with glee.

“Nnnn… how much further do we have to go?” she asked, glancing up at the rising moon. They had indeed been training for quite a while later than most, but even when she had stopped she didn’t notice the approaching darkness. It was difficult to take notice of anything when her eyes weren’t active. But using her eyes had become a strictly forbidden activity by most of her mentors. After all, the more people knew that a Hyuuga was living in Kiri the more likely she’d be hunted. That was hardly a concern to her, however, she just knew that she had to listen and obey for reasons beyond her comprehension or care.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Her inquiry about the distance that remained caused his gaze to glance down at her, his enhanced vision and senses meant that he often forgot others had it a bit harder. Looking at the sky and measuring the distance carefully by lifting a hand up and aligning the joint of his thumb with it he would state idly, “Not far. We’re at the edge of Kirigakure.” he explained simply, before continuing forward, not mentioning her freed hands as he would idly bounce the blade on his shoulder.

After about thirty minutes, the pair would see a brilliant light in the distance, revealing a massive compound of ten primary buildings, with others dotting the area. The same symbol that was stitched into the back of Satori’s shirt engraved into the front gate, and as Satori lifted a hand and pushed the gave open they were greeted by an incredibly lively sight for how late it was. Children were sparing with sticks, or just their fists, rolling through the darkness lit by glowing lanterns.

Women were seen indoors, but they weren’t cooking or cleaning, instead pouring over old tomes and maps, barking out the occasional instruction. Men were practicing with weaponry, cleaning, and cooking. Several were gutting sharks and similar beasts, carving bones into weaponry, preparing entrails for consumption along with meat, and similar actions. A large building that acted as a kitchen had men constantly going in and out, and there wasn’t a single one shorter than five foot, including the children. Most of the men were well over six feet, casting shadows over the area they worked. All the adults had the same piercings that Satori did, though none of the children did. There were no infants, the new generation wouldn’t arrive for another few months after all, though many of the women were pregnant.

“Welcome to my home,” he called over the low drone of noises, before meandering forward toward the building that housed his specific family. Waving when he was greeted eagerly by each individual he passed, cousins, siblings, uncles and aunts, it didn’t matter to him they were all family and he offered a wide grin as he was called too. The large boy pushed the door open once they arrived, sliding it to the side as they were greeted by two young girls, a young boy, as well as a man and woman clearly his direct family as the mother, a stern, but kind looking woman lifted her gaze.

“Satori, welcome back. I was wondering if you were ever going to return.” “Apologies mother, I was training,” he explained shortly, stepping inside and removing his sandals, allowing his clawed toes to stretch before he would set his ivory blade down and lean it against the wall. Motioning toward Lula as she entered after him, “I brought a friend. She’s got the soul of a dragon. Can you heal her?” The comment caused both parents to arch a brow, and the man would finally speak in a deep rumbling tone, crimson feline eyes matching Satori’s examining the young girl as he sniffed the air.

“She smells like any other brat, Satori. You sure?” Satori allowed a wide grin to form, “Look at her hands, father,” this caused the man to blink and glance down, examining the breaks with a critical eye, before grunting in approval and looking toward his wife. “You should heal her, Raika, she’s got potential,” he stated idly before returning to the large plate of food. Beyond grunts of welcome, the other children hadn't even looked up, though all had black hair, only the males had darker skin, larger physique, and the feline-esc traits.

Satori glanced at his mother, waiting for her decision as Raika would lean back and contemplate the request for a few moments, chewing her own much lighter meal, before releasing a sigh.

“Very well. Take her to the medical bay, I’ll be there shortly. Tell Shino-san that I’ll handle it, no need to trouble the woman.” Satori inclined his head, grinning a bit, “Thanks, mother,” she waved him off, before pointing her chopsticks at him. “Treat her properly as a guest. You’re an adult now, so she’s your responsibility. Make sure she gets food.” Satori raised a hand to acknowledge he understood, before smiling at her and motioning for Lula to follow him after she’d offered her greetings and thanks-- if any, before leading the way, leaving his sandals off.

The cool rocks that made up the pathways felt nice on his feet along with the grass. Moving toward the center of the courtyard once more, near the area where multiple tables had been set up and Ryuutei of all sizes were gathering up plates heaping with meat and vegetables, all clearly homegrown and gathered to bring back to their families. Glancing over his shoulder at her he tilted his head, “Any preferences? Healing takes a lot of energy, so you shouldn’t hold back,” he explained idly, grasping his own plate and offering her one. It was made of carved and polished wood, lined with ivory, simple but elegant, homemade like every other tool and material found here.

[876/2,674]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Lulu kept stride with Sato the entire way. Having been told they were nearly there felt deceptive to the girl as the last half hour of their trek took them to the far edge of the village, but she held her tongue until they arrived. Once they had, it was like stepping into a whole other village. An entire community of people studying and training all at once, even this late into the evening. Not unlike she had just been doing, she thought, but somehow they seemed much more adept at it. Like this had also been there entire life, but they’d had much longer to do it. She gave a sidelong glance to Sato, measuring up the boy again. Everyone had their weaknesses, of course. She knew that Sato likely had theirs as well. But in this instance, in this setting, Sato seemed strong and confident and perhaps even beyond her. It was deeply infuriating, and it put a wide smile on her face.

Lulu remained within a few feet of Satori while they moved through the building, until they reached a pair that Lulu quickly learned were his parents. They were animalistic, much like Sato seemed to be, but even more so. With unnatural seeming eyes that put Lulu at ease in a way, and a cold demeanor towards her that warmed her heart. Of course, being called a brat did put her the slightest bit on edge, but Sato had already pacified the urges by countering the claim and calling her dragon-like before hand. She tried to envision herself as a dragon in that moment, large and bestial. Regal and with few to no flaws. It was, perhaps, the greatest compliment she’d ever received. So when Satori lifted her arms to show the bruises and chakra burns, she giddily obliged, and much to her delight the father figure seemed quite pleased by this as well. Then all went still to Lulu as they awaited Raika’s judgement on the matter. When it was proclaimed that she would, in fact, perform the treatment Lulu nearly hopped up and down like a rabbit, restraining herself only so much that she was left rocking back and forth on her heels.

Then the meeting was over, and Lulu was left to contemplate everything she was absorbing about her surroundings and her immediate future. Satori had been given full control over her stay here, which was fine by her. She didn’t have much desire to wander off anyways, not when she was on her way to having the weaknesses in her body removed so she could replace them with strength. It just wouldn’t do to get in trouble right now, so she gave Sato a big smile but kept her mouth sealed still until they came to the banquet area.

Lulu didn’t much care about how or where the food was grown, and the aroma was sickeningly rich to the girl that often ate very small and sparse meals as it were. It made her stomach turn to consider trying to eat so much food as the others around her were, but with Satori guiding her way through she didn’t dare turn down the offer. Taking the plate in hand, Lulu gave a little nod to Satori and glanced about, eyeing several more grisly cuts of meat with a sort of grim determination. She was in the den of animals, but she didn’t quite have the intention of fitting in. Instead, she picked her food out of necessity, rather than desire, “No, no preference, please tell me when I have enough.” she remarked, while starting to add things to her plate one at a time, keeping as close to Satori as comfortably possible.

But through the entire encounter, around every corner and across every table she couldn’t stop the thoughts that came unbidden to her mind. Prickling her scalp like the voice of another whispering through a deep abyss. ‘I wonder how many I could take out before I die,’ slipped by one thought, ‘I wonder what sort of weaknesses they have,’ went another, and finally, ‘I wonder how long it would take them to beat the weaknesses out of me.’ came the idea she felt was perhaps the most important to her. She knew that, because Satori had made an agreement with her, she’d at least get to attempt the last part without getting into too much trouble. If she won, well, then she’d just need another playmate. But if she lost, and if Satori wasn’t lying to her, then she’d have the chance to get beaten down as much as she wanted and Raika would be able to get her back up for more. It all sounded so positively heavenly that she could hardly believe she was getting this opportunity.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Satori watched her quietly as she picked through the meat and vegetables, measuring her current build and weighing it against what she was grabbing. Once she had about three-fourths of a plate, he would nod his head slightly and raise a hand to silently let her know to stop.

“You won’t eat as much as we do,” he explained idly, and notably the males all held piles of food whereas the women that dotted the area had significantly less, a single normal sized plate each. Turning he would motion for her to follow him, leading the way across the expanse of the compound's grounds, ducking under the occasional Sakura tree branch as he moved through the main compounds grounds and toward a medium-sized building of three stories that held the kanji for “Medicine” engraved in a sign hanging from its second floor.

Pushing the sliding door open, he entered casually and raised his voice idly to call out, “Shino-san, pardon us,” causing an older woman to peak her head out from behind the main counter. The initial room was full of chairs, a simple waiting room, whereas the primary hall led further into the building. The older woman appeared to be in her early fifties at a glance, and as she rounded the corner to meet them she offered an arched brow.

“Usually you don’t need healing, Satori, what happened?” Satori shook his head, jerking a thumb behind him toward Lula causing the woman’s gaze to shift. Curiously tilting her head, she took a step forward and instantly arched a brow.

“My my,” she pondered, glancing the girl over once and tutting in displeasure, “Look what you’ve done to yourself, young lady,” as she commented this sternly, she would step forward and a glow would appear in her eyes, causing her to carefully glance the girl over and blink in surprise and amazement. “It’s a marvel you’re moving,” she stated softly before a smile formed on her lips.

“I like her. I don’t mind healing her up.”

Satori shook his head, “Mom said she’d do it, since you have other patients to tend too.”

Shino’s face twisted, “Which one, Satori? If it’s Hina again I won’t let her screw up another healing session--”

“Raika, my birth mother,” he clarified quickly to cut off the older woman's rant. This caused her to pause, then relax and smile before nodding her head, clearly approving of this instead of her initial refusal.

“Ah, if it’s Raika-san then it’s just fine,” she stated with a turn, “Go ahead and head into room six dears, I’ll be on the second floor if you need me.” With this, she would head toward the halls end where a stairway waited for her. Satori, turning toward Lula. “Shall we?” He inquired simply, before stepping forward and heading down the hallway, entering the previously specified room, revealing a medical cost, several chairs, a window and the normal amenities for a causal hospital stay room. A bookshelf decorated one of the walls, though Satori paid no mind to it and instead settled his large frame into the nearby chair with a low thud, grunting a bit as he propped up his feet and began to move the ivory chopsticks to devour the meal hungrily.

“Go ahead and sit on the cot, mom’ll be here soon,” he stated idly, hungrily devouring the food with accurate, quick jabs of his chopsticks into the plate. His teeth and large mouth made short work of anything placed there, from vegetables to hearty foods and meats, the massive pile that adorned his plate being carefully lowered. Despite his speed, he wasn’t making a mess by any means, he’d been taught basic manners and respect it would seem despite his feral appearance.

[649/3,323]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Lulu carried her plate of food along with her as she continued to follow behind Satori. Her mind was a storm of activity, so much so that she wore a blank expression on her face for a good portion of the way to the cot, until finally conversation broke her from near-stupor. The lady told her that it was impressive Lulu was moving, but Lulu didn’t quite understand, and the conversation was already moving again before she could voice her concerns. She was told to sit on the cot, and so she did just that, hopping up deftly without losing her grip on the food she was carrying.

Once Shino had left Lulu finally spoke up, voicing several questions and concerns in a rapid-fire manner, “That person said I shouldn’t be moving, but it’s just pain. If I couldn’t move when I hurt then I’d never move.” she took a single small bite of her food, swallowing it quickly. She still didn’t /want/ to eat, but she was going to try to make some progress, “And they said you have a buncha moms? Why is that?” she ate a vegetable, not bothering to chew it very well, “Everything here is so strange, and all the boys look like animals too... I don’t even know what to ask.”

With that she finally quieted herself, starting to take increasingly large bites in an effort to finish her food off as quickly as she can.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Satori glanced down at the girl as she commented on pain, and a slight smile formed. “Most people can’t handle it like that, though, that’s not quite how it should work either.” Idly, he would shift himself before glancing over her body for a moment, “Pain and soreness are one thing, but your body is pretty broken. Remember what I told you, that it’s counterproductive? It is but for most people, when you reach that point you don’t function anymore. That’s why she said that, though she can probably see a lot more than me. The medical jutsu they use lets them see things like that alot more effectively.” Shrugging a bit, he wouldn’t seem overly concerned. Largely due to the simple fact that he also had a similar tolerance to the abuse he put himself through, but he was aware of the fact he needed to make sure he didn’t push himself to far for too long.

Having a clan that was full of medical shinobi had its perks after all. Though, her second question caused him to blink-- Riku asked the same thing. He knew it was rare, but that seemed to be the question that everyone asked in the end.

“I have four moms, including my birth-mother,” as he explained this, the term used was less like he was stating a fact and more as though he was stating a title. The term given to the head mother of the household generally that had born the most males to survive, though in Satori’s case it held a double meaning. Idly tapping his large foot against the floor, he would contemplate how best to phrase the answer without going to far into detail, it was pretty tedious. He went with the straightforward method as per usual.

“Males are usually stillborn, so its common for males to take multiple wives, and raise the children as a large family in order to increase birth rates.” It seemed simply enough, and made it fairly clear without going into too many details. It would work for now, if she was really curious about it later he could always discuss it in more detail, but she was likely more concerned with being healed and then training for the moment.

After a few minutes passed, Raika would step into the room with a slight sigh, “Here I thought I was done for the day,” causing Satori to bow his head with a slight smile, “Sorry mother, but it’ll be worth it when I have a sparring partner that can actually last against me,” as he stated this, he would grin a bit before idly finishing off the mountain of food with surprising speed, his mother shaking her head at his obsession before stepping forward and examining Lula carefully.

“I’m Raika Ryuutei, Jounin and Medical Corps Member of Kirigakure. A pleasure to meet you, Lulako-chan,” she casually glanced at her eyes, making a mental note that despite her surname the girl didn’t have the same eyes as the Hyuuga she had fought in the past. Concentrating her chakra and focusing, her eyes ignited in a blue glow, allowing her to examine her body carefully for abnormalities in her anatomy.

Examining veins, fractures, and so forth for a few brief moments before nodding and placing her hands together. “Alright, let’s see what I can do, shall we?” she murmured softly, before a brilliant green and blue glow overtook her hands, weaving through several hand seals far to fast for either of the children to see before placing her hand on the girl's chest. She had to start at the core and work her way out, the girls internal network was in shambles from overuse of chakra and abusive cardio training without proper rest.

Initially, a numbing feeling would spread out from the woman's hand across her chest, next focusing on her heart and from there across her entire body as she mended the circulatory system as the first layer. The mending would take care of any ruptured veins, including bruising, as well as ease muscle soreness and mobility. Next, she spread the jutsu further, healing the next layer at the muscles, mending the torn tissues and damaged muscles naturally, causing them to rapidly re-grow at a much more refined state than before, the work of several months of healing handled instantly.

Relaxing, she would then lower her gaze to the final layer-- bones. With a few careful alterations to her chakra, she would begin mending the damage bones carefully in place, mending the fractures in her arms and legs and any others that may dot her anatomy before finally lowering her hands and looking her over, before nodding.

“You need to eat more,” she finally stated bluntly, “Rest at regular times as well. I trust Satori will teach you that, however.” She glanced over at the boy who nodded once, before she relaxed and would walk toward the counter, a few items being moved around before returning with a bottle in her hand that made soft clicking noises, offering it to her. “Herbs and vitamins. Take one of these a day, no matter what you eat or do. They’ll greatly help your recovery and restore nutrients that are difficult to intake naturally.” With this, she would straighten, “When you run out just come by and get some more, or ask Satori to bring you some.”

Raika offered a slight smile, “As well, once you get down the basics, come see me sometime. The chakra network is an intricate system, and learning to alter or damage it is a difficult thing. I’ll teach you what I know, it may help you.” Satori blinked, clearly confused as he looked slowly toward Raika and then Lula with a cocked brow. Could she absorb chakra somehow like Raika could? Or was this different? Either way how did Raika know?

It was curious, but Satori kept his mouth shut for now. Perhaps once he knew Lulako better, he would ask. But for now, it was safe to be silent.

[1,027/4,350]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyuuga Lulako on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:40 pm

For the duration of the conversation with Sato before Raika arrived, Lulu simply nodded once in a while, taking bites of her meal while she did. Though most would have probably found the hierarchy of an entire clan fascinating, Lulu was quickly losing interest. She’d been too calm for too long, and it was beginning to take a toll on her. Specifically, she was getting noticeably more twitchy and agitated as things dragged on. Though she was beginning to feel it truly was a necessary step, it was all taking far too long.

So it was welcome relief when Raika did show up, allowing Lulu to focus on what was coming rather than feeling stuck in what had been. The entire healing process was nothing short of miraculous to Lulu as she watched Raika work, each sensation bringing with it the release of some of the weakness that had been holding Lulu back. Though she was relatively cared for by the village, the medical coverage she’d been afforded by them was nothing close to this. Within a short span of time everything that had previously been broken was repaired and she felt as good if not better than new.

But it was Raika’s first and final comments that each held importance to the girl in the moment. Wounds were minor inconveniences, but information and curiosity were driving forces. Raika knew her real name, Lulako, and that was already a red flag. It had peaked Lulu’s interest but she kept quiet about it. Then, the parting words confirmed Lulu’s suspicions. With little doubt in the girl’s mind, Raika was likely working with the village in some way. She didn’t tell many people about her name, but even fewer would know about her ability to see chakra. Even if it was clear that the burns along her arms were caused by a release of chakra themselves, the idea of damaging chakra was often a foreign concept to most.

Lulu chose her next words carefully, feeling caught in an exciting game of cat and mouse, “That’s a very nice offer, but I’m surely too weak to use techniques like that. I could seriously hurt someone if I did.” and she had. Put a student into critical care, not long ago, for bullying her. Nobody had figured out who the culprit was just yet, but Lulu had no real reason to hide it so long as she kept her eyes themselves a secret. She didn’t want to get in trouble and lose her position as a Kiri shinobi, after all, “If I get stronger, I’ll come back though. Maybe Satori will be able to help me first.” she gave Raika a big, innocent smile that was just off-innocent. Keeping her emotions in check was no longer just difficult, but wholly impossible. She knew she was on the edge of a total loss of control and she loved it.
Hyuuga Lulako

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Raika allowed a slight smile to form on her lips as she saw the girls expression, addressing only the last bit of her statement as her head slowly tilted to the side.

“So what if you hurt someone? You’re trying to become a shinobi, aren’t you?” the question was casual, and despite the relaxed tone, a measure of interest shone in the woman’s eyes as she tapped her lip slightly. “Still, it is probably a bit too advanced for you, for now. How about this--” Shifting her gaze toward Satori, causing the boy to tilt his head slightly she would speak.

“When she can complete our initial trial, tell me. I’ll offer her some real training like Kiyoshi gives you.” Satori blinked before a grin formed slowly on his lips as he nodded slightly.

“Yes mother,” as he stated this, he would haul himself off the bed before gathering up the plates and grinning over at the newly healed Lula. “We’re going to train, does she need to be careful, mother?” Raika glanced down at the boy, and then over to Lula with an arched brow.

“Already?” Though it was clear she wasn’t too surprised, she would shake her head in bemusement before placing her hands on her hips. “No, just make sure you take those pills. If you need healing after this just come by the house again, I’ll patch you both up, that’s if you can make my little monster require healing,” a slight smirk formed on Raika’s mouth, a competitive streak showing itself as Satori’s lips curled in a grin as well.

“Let’s hope so. No one else likes to spar with me except for dad.” Not that he minded fighting his father, but getting too used to a single type of fighter was a danger, it could lead to your death falling into bad habits thinking someone would act and fight like someone you’d dealt with in the past. Variety and surprises were key to keeping one's mind and body sharp, after all. Placing his hands on his hips he glanced toward Lula, eyes narrowed slightly.

“Shall we?” he asked simply, making sure that Lula was ready before all else, Raika casually stepping to the side allowing them access to the door and even taking the plates from Satori so they could go straight to the combat grounds. She knew Satori had been growing bored of fighting just his father, this was a unique opportunity to test out the power of their males chakra, against a clan that was skilled at doing the exact opposite-- tearing chakra users down. How would they contrast, she had to wonder.

[454/4,804]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top