Meeting the Barbarians [NK, Private]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the Barbarians [NK, Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Satori had been training with his new friend, Akemi, for several days now-- coming up on a week in fact. The difference in both their skills had become much more evident each time, the more they pushed one another the further that they seemed to grow. Though, Satori's growth was definitely slower than the boys, that was only to be expected. Someone at a lower level always seemed to excel much faster, once he caught up to Satori the boy's growth would likely slow a bit as well, it was simply the way of things.

Despite this, Satori held no issue training with the boy-- he even enjoyed his company, they had similar outlooks on many things, and the constant light-hearted competition helped to keep him on his toes. With Lula it always seemed almost forced, as she was simply seeking power without any goal in mind to actually utilize it. Riku was similar, but she had other characteristics that made her easier to get along with as well. However, the reality was quite simple, they both wanted power but only because that power was necessary for their actual goals. Of course, he had yet to tell the boy that Mizukage was simply his short-term goal.

Still, it didn't matter. What did matter was that Akemi had inquired about his home-life, and what he did in order to advance as far as he had at such a young age. So, Satori had done the logical thing and told him that he'd take him to his clans compound and let him see. Perhaps Akemi could even learn a bit from them, it was entirely feasible, Lula had been offered such as well after all and in his eyes, Akemi was just as driven, if in a different way. It was due to this that Satori was casually standing outside the Academy, he'd already wished Riku a good night and he'd accepted the lunch she'd made for him for his training.

Now he was waiting on Akemi, patient as ever as he would idly bounce the ivory katana against his shoulder while he waited, pondering who to introduce him too first-- or if he should perhaps not at all and just let him explore the compound. It was a hard call, they had a hunt this evening as well, perhaps it would be good to introduce the boy to the concept of killing. He wasn't sure how used to it he was, but he seemed as though he was fairly green when it came to such things, and hunting was a good way to introduce such concepts to others, especially normal children.

He was fully aware-- his clan was not normal.

[460]

Last edited by Satori Ryuutei on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satori Ryuutei

View user profile https://www.patreon.com/emblevins

Back to top Go down

Re: Meeting the Barbarians [NK, Private]

Post by Akemi on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 am

There were things that Akemi had always been curious about, one of the biggest of these were the clans, as there were many different clans in the Kirigakure. Large groups of people coming together to build these different villages, the majority of these were clans the clans, whose large compounds dotted the landscape. He was a bit curious as to why Satori had called him to the Ryuutei clan, Satori’s own, home. They’d been training together for the last week, approximately, and he and Satori had managed to become fairly good friends by this point.

Akemi had told his father that he was after class he was going to go and hang out with Satori again, which his father had only smiled about. The man wasn’t as concerned with who Akemi was hanging out with so much as he was happy that his son was no longer spending all of his time in the library and was making actual connections with others his own age. Though if Akemi had asked him he would’ve admitted that he was only slightly concerned that the first such friend he’d made such a bond with was Satori Ryuutei, but the man trusted his son’s judgement. He always had and there was no reason to stop now. He hadn’t been AS happy when he’d been told that it was going to be at night, but when Akemi had argued that he would need to start getting ready to do evening and even night missions. There was no telling when it would be needed, after all and the Ryuutei clan were as good to learn from as anyone.

Eventually, though grudgingly, the man had relented but did demand that he at least bring his ko-dachi with him. It was quite sharp, despite being a blade mostly for practice and the fact that he was younger was what had prompted his mother to get him this weapon. Akemi’s father had argued against it, but his mother’s logic had won out in the end. She later told him that bukijutsu was definitely one of the things that she wanted him to learn. Then again, there was a lot that she wanted him to learn…

Still he’d promised that he’d meet Satori, they were going to do something pretty cool today, supposedly, and Akemi wondered what exactly that was supposed to be. Though he thought that it was a little strange that they were going to meet at the academy before going on to the activity, he simply shrugged and went with it. There were numerous reasons as to why they would be doing so, even starting off with the thought that Satori simply was embarrassed by his family. Akemi understood that one. If he was bringing Satori to HIS home Akemi would’ve definitely chosen to meet at the academy first.

“Hey there, Satori-san!” he shouted, giving a wave as he neared the academy and saw the young man tapping a katana against his shoulder. “I’m sorry for how late I am. Had to argue with my father for a little while before he’d let me go.”

{507}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am

Satori caught the scent of the boy before he saw him, eyes glancing to the side as he examined the young boy shouting and waving his hand in greeting. Satori's own hand lifted in greeting as a slight smile played at his lips. Bouncing the sheathed blade once against his shoulder before he would wave off the apology, clearly not concerned.

"I figured it would take a bit. Most parents wouldn't want to send their children to the Ryuutei, after all," with this he would turn and begin heading toward the border of the village once more. The Academy rested in-between the edge of the village's border and Akemi's home, that was the primary reason that they had used it as a meeting place, but the other was so that Akemi wouldn't have to approach the compound alone.

Moving forward, he would glance down at Akemi as they made their way through the slowly thinning buildings the closer to the edge they became. "When we break past the village edge, we'll be heading into the forest. Don't worry if you feel like you're being watched, you probably are," as he explained this he would hook his wrists over the sheathed blade once more. Casual about the entire thing as he would glance upward measuring the amount of time they had before it was completely dark.

The trip itself would be fairly peaceful, however once they approached the forest edge the air would grow more silent-- the sounds of birds and insects stopping rather suddenly as Satori simply took the lead. Winding along the thin stone path that wound through the forest, until they came to a cluster of tree's that then left a wide opening. As soon as they stepped through it, the sounds returned, now joined with boisterous laughter, clanking of dishes and steel, and the sounds of children playing.

Before them was a large clearing in the middle of the forestry and with it a great stone wall made of reinforced earth style. The massive gate that rested before them was large enough to fit an elephant through, made of strong wood with large metal hinges. Carved into the door was the Ryuutei clan symbol, but notably, there were no guards. Instead, Satori simply raised a hand and the gate seemed to simply open. Revealing inside, where a multitude of separate buildings decorated the inner workings, a large pond settled in the center with pathways of large circular stones just like the one leading to the compound connecting them.

Children dashed through the area as, despite it being near dark, the entire compound seemed alive. Ryuutei of varying ages and genders dashed about, the males were all similar to Satori with wild hair, feline eyes, large sizes and fangs with claws. The females were all paler, and more petite but held similar hair and eye colors even if they looked fairly normal. Adults were skinning kills and gutting animals in front of the children without concern, meals were being prepared indoors by men, and women were holding maps and papers strategizing inside varying buildings as they planned the hunt.

"Welcome to my home," he stated with a grin, glancing over his shoulder to Akemi as he raised both hands idly, the great gate closing with a resounding thud behind them.

[562/1,022]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 am

Akemi smirked as Satori remarked on parents not wanting to send their children to the Ryuutei clan. Akemi’s family wasn’t as concerned, were he to be perfectly honest; his father was a fairly calm and trusting individual and had always believed in Akemi’s judgement. His mother, unfortunately, wasn’t around but as his father knew she would’ve been happy if he was finding a way to make himself stronger. Ironically, that was the entire reason that his father didn’t care. He knew that his wife would’ve been perfectly fine with it. Plus, his father had said, it was a good way to learn about the way that different families and cultures were.

Akemi simply smirked as the two of them approached the village’s exit. As they went out into the forest beyond, he was about to say a rather sarcastic remark about them being ninja and therefore always feeling like they’re being watched. Then, suddenly, the feeling hit him. The forest went dead silent as the two proceeded forward. Not a sound reverberated through the forest, from neither insect nor bird, leaving only the prevailing song of their footsteps to go through the forest. He followed behind Satori along a stone path until suddenly the trees came to a wide opening.

A large, impressive wall stood before them and it appeared as if it had been made from an Earth jutsu and then bolstered with additional bits of stone. He looked around, almost in awe, especially at the gate in front of them. From just beyond the enormous wall he could hear boisterous laughter, it sounded like some kind of gathering from which he more than likely wasn’t too far off. Given that this was a clan they probably did things like this a lot. Slowly it began to dawn on Akemi that Satori was used to large crowds like this, if he couldn’t really get away from them.

Akemi looked around, a bit confused, there were no guards, no people manning the wall, nothing! He turned to Satori and was about to ask how they were to get in, exactly, when suddenly the boy raised a hand into the air. There was a light thunk of metal as the door began to creak open. Inside, the grounds were unlike anything Akemi had ever seen. There were several buildings, some interconnected some standing on their own, and a large pond in the center of the path with circular stones decorating around it.

It was fairly populated as well. Children ran back and forth, despite how waning the light was, and adults were busying themselves with different chores. The men that he could see all reminded him of Satori himself, wild hair, sharp teeth and claws and cat-like eyes. The women were on the opposite spectrum, being a bit more pale and smaller, but still had wild hair and eyes. Animals were being skinned and gutted right in front of the kids, meals were being prepared by the men and the women seemed to be going over logistics, though for what, Akemi had no idea.

The sound of grating metal resounded as the great gate closed behind them. “I’ve got to say that I never exactly imagined what a clan would be like, being from such a small family myself. But I’d have to say that this definitely fits you, Satori-san. I wasn’t one hundred percent certain what to expect, but this fits!”

{571}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 am

Satori grinned even wider as Akemi commented that it "fit him", laughing as his fangs flashed in the light briefly.

"Really? I guess even when you're a bit different a Ryuutei is still a Ryuutei," chuckling to himself, the boy turned and headed toward the largest building at the center where the women were congregating and preparing papers and arms. Of course, before he could reach it he was tackled from multiple sides, three small girls, one about a foot shorter than him the other two far more petite slightly shorter than Akemi despite appearing about the same age as Satori. Each girl attaching themselves to his arms, and the last and largest tacking his throat, arms wrapping around his neck and legs around his waist as she clung to his chest.

Despite the force of the tackles, Satori simply grunted and continued to walk forward as he glanced down at the three girls clinging to him. One was blonde-- the one clinging to his throat, the other two held pitch black hair like him, the two smaller girls appeared totally normal, calling his name in sing-song tones as well as calls of "Okaerinasai!". The last girl, the blonde looked up at him showing brilliant green catlike eyes and feline traits just like Satori, despite being female-- in fact, she appeared to be the only female with the traits.

"I'm home, Saika, Serena, Hiyori," he stated calmly as his arm lifted the girls up, crossing his hands to pet their heads one at a time before continuing to walk forward with the girls danging off his body.

"These are my sisters, Akemi," he stated looking over his shoulder toward the boy as he offered a grin, before glancing down at the girls.

"Where are your manners? Say hello properly, hop off," he stated sternly, causing the girls to whine, before dropping to their feet and turning toward Akemi as Satori waited patiently behind them. The girls would all incline their heads, introducing themselves-- the two girls that appeared to be identical twins were Serena and Saika, the blonde was Hiyori. Afterward, they would straighten and wait for the boys' response to their combined introduction, Satori shaking his head in bemusement.

He understood Hiyori, but usually, women in his clan were far more reserved and calm. He blamed Kiyoshi, their father had an unusually feral personality-- even by male Ryuutei standards. It seemed he had inherited his mother's personality, and his sisters had inherited their father's personality instead.

[422/1,444]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Satori shot a grin at Akemi, and Akemi couldn’t help but smile back, despite the fact that his fangs glinted in the darkness. He didn’t respond to Satori’s comment but gave a rather gentle smile, one that was partially hidden by the night. Without hesitation he began to move in the direction of the room where the women were gathering with different papers and armaments. One of the things that made him chuckle the most was the amount of activity in the compound. Akemi was an only child and lived with his mother and father, one of which was on missions practically all the time. So he was suddenly quite certain that Satori wasn’t as used to quiet as Akemi was.

As they approached the place with the women looking over logistics, a trio of girls, probably about the same age as Satori, with one only a bit shorter than Satori, and the other two shorter than Akemi jumped on Satori. One of the three girls had wrapped herself around Satori’s throat, and the second attaching to the boy’s arms. Sounds of welcome home, happy people shouting… It was certainly something that made Akemi a little jealous. It was that feeling of belonging to something more that put such feelings of jealousy. He wasn’t one hundred percent sure that he could’ve survived in this family the way that he was now, anyway.

Satori said that these three were his sisters to which Akemi’s eyebrows raised. The two short ones had the normal hair color that he’d seen from both Satori and a great deal of the others in the clan. It was the third one that made him do a double take. Unlike the others that had the dark brown hair, this third sister instead had blonde hair and the same feline-like traits that Satori himself had. Hiyori, Saika and Serena had all introduced themselves and waited on his introduction.

With a bit of a bow, he said “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Hiyori, Saika and Serena. My name is Akemi Nakamura, a friend of your brother.” That was a bit of a duh thing, but Akemi thought that he might as well say it. He was quiet for a few seconds, before continuing. “How is it here? Is the compound a nice place to live?” Then looking over at Satori he couldn’t help but finally ask a question. “I almost forgot to ask, what exactly are we doing today? You didn’t really give me any details so I was kind of curious.”

{418}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 pm

The sisters all smiled as Akemi replied, nodding their heads excitedly at the question. "It's great here!" Hiyori would state, lifting both arms above her head, before glancing back at Satori as the larger boy stepped forward and shoo'd them off calmly.

"Alright that's enough, I'll train with your three later. I'm taking Akemi on the hunt and I can't afford to watch over you three while I do so." As he explained this, the girls would pout, before glancing toward Akemi and forming their right hands into the shape of a claw, before placing it over their hearts and bowing once more. Surprisingly, they would be quite calm during this, before giggling and waving before dashing off once more to return to their games.

Satori would turn, motioning Akemi to follow once more as he finally answered him. "You wanted to learn more about the martial arts I use right? No one can teach you more than my dad except the elders, but they don't really teach often." Stepping up onto the stone slab, he would casually remove his sandals before stepping up onto the wooden flooring. Two of the women lifting their heads as Satori lifted a hand in greeting.

"Mothers," he called, causing both of them to focus on him, "This is Akemi, the one I told you about. We're going to talk to father, can you please call for me when it's time to go on the hunt?" They both smiled softly, nodding their heads. It was clear neither were natural born members of the family, as one held brown curly hair and the other silver hair that was down to the middle of her waist, brilliant and straight.

"Thanks," he stated simply, bowing respectfully before leading the way through the side door into a hallway, glancing back toward Akemi as they traveled.

"After the training, I wanted to take you on a hunt. It's a rule here, if you want to learn our style, you must also learn our culture. Our stories, our way of life, our beliefs and so forth." As he would halt several doors down, he would turn toward Akemi and smile softly.

"If you can't handle it, don't worry about it. No one here will judge you harshly, though it means dad won't teach you anymore, but he won't think less of you. Most people can't handle our cultures teachings." As he stated this he would then wait patiently for Akemi's affirmative, and to answer any questions the boy had first. He didn't want to enter the training grounds if Akemi was uncertain about anything after all.

[453/1,897]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Hiyori, unsurprisingly, was the one that answered; the other two nodded, certainly, but Hiyori was the most exuberant about it. Their responses altogether made Akemi smile and chuckle just a little bit. They reminded him a lot of himself when he was young. They were adorable, to say the least, and most definitely precocious. He looked forward to the day when they entered the ranks of the shinobi.

Suddenly Satori turned to the three and told them that he would train with them later, and that he didn’t have the capability to babysit them all on top of what he and Akemi were doing. Making their right hand into the shape of a claw, and put it over their hearts. Obviously some kind of clan symbol that they used, and he made special note of it, memorizing the shape that they’d made with their right hands. He wasn’t one hundred percent certain if he’d have to do it sometime, so always best to know.

He couldn’t deny that Satori was right. He wanted to learn more about Satori’s martial art, and he was willing to work as hard as he could to do so. Once, a long time ago, he’d told his mother that he would become one of the best shinobi. And he’d been learning everything that he could in order to do so. And here he had the opportunity to actually learn about a clan as well as their fighting style. There was no way that he could refuse!

Following Satori’s example, he removed his sandals and followed Satori, up to two women, though it didn’t appear that either of them were from the clan themselves, his host, Satori, called them “mothers”. Normally he would’ve glanced at Satori, as such a thing felt extremely foreign but given how both of them responded with smiles and nodded heads he quickly came to the conclusion that this was rather normal for his clan. Another thing to understand, he told himself.

“Thank you,” Akemi said, bowing as well and following after Satori, though he had to run to catch up to him. He listened as Satori explained what they were doing, training and a hunt, learning about this culture. It was an opportunity truly too good to pass up.

Satori was smiling and waiting, though he didn’t have to wait long. “I’m going to do it,” he said. “I’ll undergo the training and then the hunt. I told you I’m going to learn everything and be the best shinobi. That includes learning this. Understanding is the only thing that I can fathom.” Still he swallowed hard. He was a little apprehensive to be certain, but he was more resolved to meet this challenge. The first true test towards becoming a shinobi.

{460}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 am

Satori examined the boy quietly a moment, before grinning. "I don't know how far you'll get, but I think you'll do all you can, and that's what matters." He stated simply, nodding once as he turned toward the door and pushed it open. He wasn't worried about the training, he knew that Akemi would do it and if he failed, he'd keep pushing until he did. No, the problem was that in order to keep learning he would have to participate in many cultural events, and it was incredibly rare for anyone to join the clan in a fasting and post-battle feast.

Still, he was sure whatever amount of knowledge the boy gained would be something he could be proud of. Pushing the door open, Satori revealed a large grassy area with target dummies, but no actual training dummies. The earth was torn apart in many areas that looked more like two beasts had been fighting than two people. Standing in the center of it was a massive man with wild black hair and crimson feline eyes much like Satori. However his skin was much darker, and he was far, far taller. Easily breaking the seven-foot barrier with two large Flax crafted from what appeared to be a mixture of ivory and bone strapped to his sides. A necklace of lion teeth worn around his throat and he notably had piercings decorating his arms as well as his face, though they were all made of ivory instead of Satori's being made of simply bone.

He wore no armor, only an open-chested shirt without sleeves, the clan symbol embroidered on its back, identical to the one on Satori's shoulder. Grinning, the similarity to Satori was instant as his eyes focused on Akemi and his son.

"Welcome to the Ryuutei Complex, Akemi. My son's mentioned you several times, it seems the Academy has a few good kids, between Riku, you, and Lulako." Chuckling softly, he stepped forward before clapping his hands together, his claws notably extended constantly compared to Satori's that he kept sheathed.

"Satori said you wanted to learn more about the way we fought. You're not the first, probably won't be the last, but we don't really fight like most shinobi. Most don't last a week." Chuckling he would place both hands on his hips as Satori walked in, bare feet feeling nice against the grass as he would move toward the wall to the right where a long simple katana made of bone would rest. The sheath made of the same material, with a single streak of ivory binding it together as he would grasp the sheathed blade that was so familiar to him and rest it lightly on his shoulder while his father talked to the boy.

"My names Kiyoshi. I'm the pups father, and the current Head of the Clan." Despite his "status", Kiyoshi didn't appear to be worried about it and would instead cross his arms over his chest.

"I'm sure you have many questions. Let's answer those first before we get into training, as that is the cost. Learning of our people, the more you learn and partake in, the more secrets we share. Trust is built upon bonding and exchange of information." Simple and logical, it was the way of the Ryuutei and had been for years when it came to outsiders being introduced into their family.

[584/2,481]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:38 am

As Satori spoke, Akemi could feel his fists tighten and his resolve strengthen; he would do his hardest and then some. If he fell he would get back up, if he was kicked down he would force himself to stand. He wasn’t sure what this would entail, but he would see it through, no matter what. The opportunity to learn about a clan’s culture was one that Akemi could NOT pass up. More than likely he father would want to know all about it.

Satori pushed the doors open showing a large area of grass with some targets, and there were places where it looked like animals had been fighting. Though in the center of the whole place was a mountain of a man. He had black, unkempt hair and red, catlike eyes, much like Satori himself. What appeared to be ivory and bone were strapped to9 his sides and he wore a necklace of lion teeth around his neck. Piercings decorated both arms and face, but seemed to be made of ivory. Akemi glanced over at Satori who also had piercings, though his seemed to be made more of bone than the polished ivory that his father proudly wore.

Akemi had assumed that the man’s father would wear armor, but there was none on his chest, merely an open shirt without any sleeves. On the back of it was the same symbol that Satori wore on his shoulder and the moment that the man smiled at him he could instantly see the similarity between the father and son.

He listened to the man intently. He knew of both Satori and Riku, though this Lulako was someone that he only knew of from rumors of other students, and what he’d heard he wasn’t sure how much he’d like. The man said that Satori had discussed that he’d wanted to learn more about the way that the Ryuutei clan fought and he was not wrong. Akemi gave a big smile, he was more than willing to learn.

The man introduced himself as Kiyoshi, Satori’s father and the head of the Ryuutei clan, though he didn’t seem to be all that concerned with appearances of being a clan head and crossed his arms. Following this, Kiyoshi said to ask all of his questions, as that was the cost of the training. One had to learn about the clan, something which he was more than willing to do. It was one of the main reasons that he’d come here, to be honest. He greatly agreed with the outlook of sharing information building the bond of trust, but the question would quickly become what should he ask?

Akemi nodded. “I’ve got a great deal of questions! My first and most pressing is when was your clan formed? My second question is that I’ve noticed that men in the clan tend to have several feline like traits, such as the claws and feline like eyes. This led me to ponder where did that start? Satori also mentioned something about a hunt, and there were people in some of the other complexes that were carving up animals. Do such hunts happen often?” It could be seen that there were a million questions in Akemi’s mind, but these three seemed to be the most important to him.

{550}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Satori watched as Akemi interacted with his father, resting his palms on the pommel of his blade while he waited patiently for the outcome of their interactions. The questions made Satori smirk a bit, they were good ones, and Kiyoshi blinked-- surprised he'd gone that route and laughing sharply before straightening out and resting his hands back on his hips.

"Let's see here, I'll let Satori answer the first question-- I never cared about that stuff. But as far as our traits," Kiyoshi allowed a wide grin to form over his lips. "Well, that's a tighter secret. Let's just say that a long time ago, we ate something really bad-- or really good, depending on how you see it, and now males of the clan naturally inherit the traits as a side effect." Glancing over at Satori, the boy simply spoke to answer the initial question.

"We've existed as we are now for about three hundred years. Though of course there were wandering tribes before, but we united under a single surname roughly that long ago." As Satori explained this his father grunted a bit.

"You have Raika's mind alright, dunno how you remember such tedious information." Satori smiled slightly, shrugging his shoulders, obviously not too concerned with this as he instead let his father answer the other questions.

"As far as hunt and animals, we follow rules as Ryuutei. We never purchase anything for yourself or our own personal use. Similarly, should we kill, all parts of the body must be used by law or we will suffer expungement from the clan as members of the family. To kill and let the body waste is a great sin to the Ryuutei." As he stated this, his hand would drift toward his shirt and tug it.

"Our clothing," his hand lowered, and drew the long forward curved blade of carved bone from his side, "Our weapons," clicking it back into its sheath he crossed his arms back over his chest. "Everything, even our homes, are built from nothing. We gather the materials from animals and the forest, we grow our own food, gather our own herbs and use our own knowledge to create medicines from them. Dice are made of bone or wood, rope is made of tendons, cotton, or wool." The man said this with tremendous pride as he listed these examples, and Satori would calmly interject.

"Though most of the information is not known by a single member of the clan. We aren't demigods after all. The women of the clan tend to specialize in medicine, herbs, and chemistry for our technology, logistics, and similar actions. Men tend to specialize in hunting, cooking, and farming or gathering other sustainables. We tend to perform construction and be more often found within combat training as well, but you'll find women there more often as well." Kiyoshi glanced at his son, before nodding in agreement realizing the hole in what he was explaining.

"Satori can show you our land if you're curious about seeing all the intricacies. It was part of our deal with Kirigakure back when it formed, we got a substantial amount of land near the edge of the village in return for being the swords of the village." As Kiyoshi explained this he would then allow his gaze to lift upward as he contemplated the last question.

"Hunting in general is quite often done as a result. We usually all do so daily or every other day to help feed the entire clan. However, what Satori mentioned is a special hunt, the only one we address as 'the hunt' really. It's called 'The Great Hunt', we perform it once every six months as a right of passage for children to become adults by our clans teachings." As he stated this he would glance down at Akemi, making sure the boy was keeping up with everything so far.

[660/3,141]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 pm

For a moment, Akemi was concerned. Kiyoshi had blinked, almost as if he had been unprepared for that question and it made him begin to wonder if he’d said something wrong. A loud laugh suddenly escaped the lion-like mountain of a man, and he suddenly straightened, hands resting on his hips. Akemi tilted his head for a moment. What exactly was it that he’d found so funny? Were the questions that he’d asked so unbelievable to ponder? Or were they questions that a lot of people asked?

He passed the buck for the first question off to Satori, before starting on their traits; the answer was somewhat expected. Something had happened a long time ago and now their clan had those traits as a side effect. Akemi nodded as he began to try his best to remember such pertinent information, that was an important thing to remember. Then Satori began to explain, it had been about three hundred years ago when they’d all united under this one name. Akemi again nodded, listening as closely as possible, trying to record all this information in his head.

He couldn’t help but let out a small smile when Kiyoshi grumbled about Satori remembering the specifics of the clan. Yet while pondering on who Raika was, he realized that it must’ve been Satori’s mother, birth mother. Satori continued, discussing the fact that the Ryuutei followed specific rules. They didn’t buy anything, all parts of a body were used following a kill or the member would be banished from the clan. Akemi was certain that he was done, but Satori continued.

The more Satori spoke the more Akemi’s eyes widened. Their clothes, weapons even their homes were made literally from nothing except for what they could gather from around the area! They grew their own food, and herbs for medicine. Gambling dice were made of bone or wood, rope made of animal tendon, cotton or wool. Their entire lifestyle seemed incredibly pragmatic, less brutish than many people often tended to make them out to be.

Satori suddenly added that not any one person knew everything, that the women were the logistics and herbalists, men were the hunters and farmers. Again it seemed very pragmatic and he nodded, enthusiastically, when Kiyoshi said Satori could show him their land. A great deal of land on the edge definitely seemed right, and thus it made even more sense that they’d hunt. The way that Kiyoshi made it sound they hunted a lot, but this seemed like more than a casual hunt. This was something bigger, and as he spoke, Akemi’s eyes widened, as he realized how important this particular hunt was. This wasn’t a normal hunt.

He felt Kiyoshi watching him, making sure that he was still following. The eyes looking back at him were wide in awe.

“Ok, that all makes sense! I hope, that you don’t mind if I ask you a question or two more before we begin! Because my next question is was your clan’s fighting style known a long time ago, or has it been honed over the last few dozen years?”

{510}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 pm

Satori grinned as Akemi picked up on everything rapidly, though the next question caused Kiyoshi to blink for a moment and slowly arched a brow.

"What're you talkin' about kid?" he asked curiously, glancing to Satori, who had to explain.

"He doesn't know anything about our style yet, father," Satori would respond smoothly, causing Kiyoshi to blink again in confusion, before releasing a bark of a laugh.

"Well, no fuckin' wonder he asked such a dumb question!" As he stated this, he didn't appear angry nor insulted, simply amused as he turned back to face the boy and lifted a hand up, cutting it across his throat.

"Our style ain't like that, kid. It changed last week. It changed yesterday. You won't find a single member of our clan that fights in an identical way-- each of us have a similar basis, but it all builds on our own styles." As he explained this he would point toward the gouges in the earth behind him.

"We usually fight animals and study their movements. Lions, Bears, and Tigers are common-- right now it's often Tigers, as that's the chosen summon of our Elder. Though most of my generation would have stronger roots in bears since that's what our deceased elder represented." As he spoke of the elders, the man's normal, boisterous tone became respectful and calm. Much as someone would speak of a clan head, even Satori would incline his head slightly at the mention of the elders.

Of course, with that, Kiyoshi would clap before turning and moving toward the center of the training grounds.

"Obviously, we won't ask you to fight like we do. Most kids aren't like the pup over there after all." Glancing over at Satori with an amused smirk, before turning back to Akemi. "Instead, you'll be learning from me, and you're welcome to ask around after the hunt as long as you earn the clans respect during its run. If you ask some of the older members you may even find a few that still utilize the way of the Lion." Chuckling softly, he would cross his arms over his chest once more as he faced Akemi.

"Let's see how you fight, to start." The large man would state calmly, remaining in the relaxed position, not even lowering his arms as feline eyes narrowed just slightly on the boy.

"You don't have the eyes of a killer, but that will be fixed if you intend to stay a shinobi. So I can't say "come at me to kill" as I usually would since you don't know what that feels like yet. So, for now, come at me as best you can." With this he would remain standing, waiting patiently to first see what Akemi was capable of before he began anything else.

[484/3,625]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Akemi blinked once, almost feeling slightly insulted when Kiyoshi called his question dumb, though he couldn’t help but feel like that was a problem of perspective. To Akemi there was no such thing as a dumb answer, except for the one that was not asked, but to Kiyoshi, who understood the clan’s ways it would have been. And as he laughed, Akemi couldn’t help but smile a bit along with him. Satori was right that he didn’t know, but what Kiyoshi told Akemi next surprised him, but made so much sense. The reason it felt so random was because there was no set! They had a single fundamental core, but they all diverged in the studying of the movement of animals they had hunted.

It all suddenly made so much sense! Had Akemi not been standing in front of the man, he would have smacked his forehead. The way that he viewed his fight with Satori suddenly changed one hundred and eighty degrees. The way that he’d jumped straight at Akemi, the practically animalistic moves. He wanted to look over at Satori and smile now that he understood, but his eyes were practically fixed on Kiyoshi. The fact that he was going to learn from someone new excited him as he didn’t have such an opportunity everyday. There was one thing that he knew: he had to learn from this training, true, but even more importantly, he’d have to excel when they went out hunting.

Standing in the center of the training ground, arms folded across his chest, Kiyoshi struck quite the intimidating appearance, but Akemi couldn’t afford to back down. He didn’t even look down when Kiyoshi said that he wasn’t a killer. He knew that he wasn’t, not yet. His mother and father had both affirmed that if he wanted to be shinobi, as he still did, that this would change, just as Kiyoshi was now reaffirming.

Now he was waiting patiently on Akemi to make his move, though the boy wasn’t entirely certain what he was going to do. He shook his head. He had to just go at the man, show him what he could do! Now, Akemi!

He smiled and removed the kodachi from his back, before walking over and placing it at the entrance to the training grounds. “Though it wouldn’t make much of a difference, the least that I can do for such a gracious host is to follow your clan’s traditions. Had I known beforehand, I wouldn’t have brought it.” He smiled, walking back over to where he’d been standing. Then he bowed and charged at Kiyoshi, bringing up his right leg to kick at Kiyoshi’s right leg. This was no gauge either, this was an attack he’d used to bring a fight to a swift end, one devised to kick out someone’s knee. He didn’t know how Kiyoshi would respond, though.”

{480}

Akemi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Satori Ryuutei on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:26 am

Satori watched Akemi charge in without comment, resting his hands lightly on the hilt of his blade as the boy himself put the sword away. Kiyoshi said nothing, instead waiting patiently for the boy to dash toward him and release the kick aimed so close to the weak point of his leg, the knee, a solid target especially against taller opponents. Yet, in response, Kiyoshi simply stood where he was. The kick smashing into him with the cracking force of the blow. However, there was no visible effect, the man's leg didn't even budge as he glanced down at the limb casually before releasing a simple 'hm'.

"Weak, but there's potential there. Do you not know any taijutsu to enhance your striking power, pup?" As he inquired this, the man would idly step forward as if he hadn't been attacked, circling around the boy and examining his body proportions, build, and so forth with a surprisingly keen eye. He wasn't expecting the boy to do anything to him anyway, even Satori couldn't without utilizing jutsu, but he wondered if the boy knew even the most basic of taijutsu. What was the academy teaching these brats?

Probably strategy or something else. They seemed to underestimate what was safe to teach a child, shaking his head and sighing he would cross his arms over his chest.

"Alright. I've decided. I'll teach you the basics of tiger-style. Bear requires much more raw power than you have, and I'm not competent enough in Lion to feel like teaching it. If you want to try that ask Satori sometime." The aforementioned boy grinned a bit, offering a thumbs up simply before watching as his father took several paces forward and turned to face the boy.

"Tiger is about hitting a target only a single time, hard. They're ambush predators, and as such, they use their bodies like one giant spear to deliver powerful attacks. That's what I'll be teaching you. Similarly, Bear style is about durability, endurance, and using range to your advantage. Lion is a balance of both, usually reliant on continuous battles." As he explained this, Kiyoshi would release a slow breath before straightening his body and lowering his body, knee's bending and body leaning forward slightly.

Both long arms slid downward, hands stretching outward mimicking the claw shape of a beast, his actual claws slowly extending outward just like Satori's as his eyes narrowed at the boy calmly. "Mimic this stance. You don't have claws, so you'll have to learn to use chakra, or just train your fingers to be that strong," either was an option, and patiently Kiyoshi waited while Satori would fall into a seated position, legs crossing as he watched, waiting to be called or to give input as it was needed.

[480/4,105]
Satori Ryuutei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top