Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke] Empty Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke]

Post by Shinji on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Shinji sat at his desk, face buried in palm. The headache that had been slowly growing as he worked his numbers reached a climax, and the numbers on the papers in front of him blurred. His assistant sat sheepishly in the corner, as Shinji was known for outbursts when his accounting responsibilities frustrated him as they had been and honestly he just wanted to avoid being yelled at. Shinji's red locks laid flatter and more lazily than the norm for him, as he'd been in the office all day. He'd been wondering for awhile now why he'd taken this job, sick of it already just because of the numbers he was constantly forced to run. He didn't trust his assistant with them partially because his assistant had suggested spending money on animal masks for all the ninja, insisting it was a good idea. Shinji knew full well that he should spend most of the village's budget on kunai, but now that he had done so, he couldn't find the room in the budget for the new buildings they were constructing, and roads.

The small bit of solace that he felt was knowing he had been calling two people to his office, and that they should be arriving soon. There was a Genin whom he needed to interview to give a primary assignment, and a rather gifted Jounin for the same purpose. It was one of his favorite things to do, finding the potential in people, and putting them in the places where they could shine the most. It was what kept him in this office all of the time... that, and he was one of the few people that cared more about the village than the individual clan that he was a part of, and feared what would happen if another member of the council were in the position instead. He took another look at the papers in front of him, and he angrily threw them on the floor. Immediately, his assistant scrambled out of the room as Shinji glared at him.
Shinji
Shinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke] Empty Re: Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke]

Post by Akahito on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Akahito awoke that morning, just as grumpy as he was the night before. Well, not entirely as grumpy. Nothing had been staring at him while he slept, nor had anything tried to murder him. Not that that had happened the night before, but it had happened before. He had just been thinking of it, the numerous times that Hyodo had done both of them. Nonetheless, the Hyodo-less place he was in made him far happier than he was willing to admit.

Well, the happiness was washed away when he was summoned by the Raikage for some manner of the assignment. He couldn't have even told Akahito what he wanted! How annoying. But, it was the raikage summoning him which meant he had to go nonetheless. This Raikage had to be something worth something, perhaps even on the level of Hyodo. That'd certainly be interesting, someone who was on the level of strength of Hyodo but had a better temperament.

He had a slight hope that he could be an accountant, but obviously, a man on the level of the Raikage could very easily handle finances right? Almost certainly. If he could, then someone stronger who likely had to use math to do his most complex techniques should be able to.

Obviously. But, if he could be an accountant for such a powerful man, not only would he be under the protection of him, he could sway his choices. Perhaps not always, but on rare occasions. That's all Akahito really wanted. It's all he had any right to with his current strength. This is something he most certainly understood. To gain more control, he'd have to gain more strength. To gain more strength, he'd have to gain more control. A nasty, if not needed, cycle.

Akahito would put his brown shirt on, with his normal black pants. his glasses, and his nice sandals before making his way over to Raikage's office. He would show his summons and head up to the office as soon as possible.

What he saw when he arrived was not what he expected. He had some level of expectations, but nothing like papers strewn everywhere. Not to mention, a frightened fellow came scrambling out quickly as he came in.

Either way, Akahito would swiftly gather up the papers and notice that they were financial papers. He took about 10 seconds to read through them and actually scoffed.

"Who was the idiot who spent so much on kunai? AND ON SUCH HIGH PRICED KUNAI, WERE THESE MADE BY A MASTER SWORDSMITH?"

Akahito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke] Empty Re: Shinji Hates Math [Akahito and Kosuke]

Post by Shinji on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Shinji stood, about to gather the papers he'd thrown about in anger, his right ankle popping twice as he did so. As he begun to wander over to do so, however, someone entered his office. He was quite taken aback at the timing, annoyed that someone saw his office in such a manner, but didn't care enough to stop the boy entering.

Instead, as the newcomer began to clean up the papers, Shinji leaned against his desk, looking at the files he had on the two people he'd summoned, to figure out whether this boy was the Genin or a Jounin. He was old for a Genin and young for a Jounin, and because of this, he was not entirely sure. Gripping the papers in his hand, he confirmed that this was, indeed, the Genin named Akahito.

"Good aft-" he began to say, cut off by the boy's outburst about his paperwork. At first, he raised an eyebrow, ready to reprimand him for his disrespect, but intrigue took over and he quickly forgot that it angered him. He wouldn't admit that it was he who had been struggling with the finances, however, and threw his assistant under the bus. "Ah, you think he overpaid?" Shinji asked, nodding at the door and indicating the assistant who had sprinted away. "What would you do?"

Shinji motioned for the boy to come closer so he could show him, hoping against hope that he had a good solution. Not that Shinji was qualified to judge whether the solution was good, but he could for damn sure pretend to.
Shinji
Shinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akahito on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:54 pm

The salty Akahito would bring the papers over to the desk, and start his ranting.

"First of all, far too many Kunai bought. At far too high a rate. Cut the rate in half, they'll still sell to them. They'd still run a decent profit, for now, they're just a horse that those guys are kicking. One that spits out money each kick. It must've been that coward that ran out before this. Not to mention, this is a larger village. Where's the senbon- wait hold on. Why're they even buying it themselves. Couldn't this be thrown to the idiots who run the weapon shops and the like? After all, there's no reason to not keep a tight leash on everyone."

Akahito would take a deep breath. He was hardly done, but one man only had so much breath.

"Not to mention, I don't see much money set aside for amenities of any sort. No parks, or anything. Not saying that we should do a park, considering our location. Perhaps some manner of festivals, which would have to wait considering the current budget. However..."

Akahito would stop talking for the moment and look directly at the papers once more. It was obvious that he was formulating something in his head. It took a moment of complete silence before he started.

"How okay are they with telling half-truths to an entire village?'"

Akahito looked focused and serious, which seemed strange compared to the words he was saying. Akahito knew that lying wasn't the way out, but...there was a chance that they could make this out alive and with some budget to make things a bit better.

Akahito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinji on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:39 pm

The Shodaime Raikage

Shinji listened intently.  It was clear, somehow, that this young boy - man? Well, boy to Shinji - had some experience with things like this.  As Akahito spoke, Shinji began to understand slightly why he'd been struggling, and he simply remained quiet until the boy finished. "
Some sort of recreational activities, yeah?"  Shinji thought for a moment, seizing it as a rather good idea to boost morale among the village.  "We should do something like that, to draw people together in a more happy context than they're used to."

The question about lies, however, took him aback, and he thought a moment, slowly, wondering how to answer such a question.  "No one likes to be lied to..."  But still, he continued.  "What do you have in mind?"  Meanwhile, he was still thinking about something to do, to give the village a reason to celebrate.  Together, even.  

He sighed.  It was something he'd been struggling with, and he needed to get his Security Task Force together before doing anything like that, anyway.  He'd hoped that the Jounin he was planning to interview today would be a good fit to be the founding member.   Truthfully, the only characteristics he needed were good leadership, loyalty, and strength.  

He looked at Akahito intently, unsure of whether he was angry about the question asked, and he waiting for the boy to explain himself before deciding.  He just met him, he at least deserved the chance to explain.  Besides, if it would fix the problem he was having...

Shinji
Shinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akahito on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:09 pm

"No one likes being lied to. I agree. However, that's why I stated a half-truth. Take a normal idiot who can craft weaponry, and paint him as a master. That way, the idiots with massive money would buy it at just a bit more than you did. After all, those with copious money and a lack of understanding are those easiest to somewhat scam."

Did Akahito particularly want to resort to lying and cheating people out of their money? Not at all, but he most certainly knew that it was one of the few ways to get out of these situations pockets intact. There weren't many if he wanted to also run some manner of festival or fun times. Who knows, maybe with the promise of festivals they could get funding. However, they couldn't depend on it. Not to mention, they couldn't really ask the clans as if they learned this fella running these books was an idiot...they'd probably leave the Raikage as a manner of principle.

No matter the strength of a leader, if he couldn't get people to follow he was no leader. He was a strong wanderer. Well, perhaps not wanderer but a person with an unnecessary amount of strength. This wasn't the Warring States, it was far closer to being the time before the warring villages.

People changed and could never be controlled except with lies or strength. That was a simple fact that he disliked.

"Otherwise, we can increase taxes on local clans. They'd hate that, and I wouldn't suggest it."

Akahito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kosuke on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Kosuke woke with his usual fervor, having overslept more than he had intended to. Rolling out of bed and putting on his normal clothing, he would grab a roll as he made his way out the door and into the streets. He took to the roof of the building next to him and began hopping from roof to roof as a means of expediting his travel. Upon arriving to the place that he had been summoned the day prior, he would take a moment to slow down, slick back his hair, though it did little good, and head inside. The first room he came across was a waiting area of some sort with a receptionist sitting behind a desk. She seemed to recognize him enough to motion towards a set of rather large and ornate double doors. Taking in a breath he would head inside.

Upon looking around in the room, he saw a man with red hair and another man who looked rather disgruntled at something. Kosuke simply ignored it however, deciding it was best to introduce himself and leave the Raikage to give him his orders. "Kosuke Akane, Responding to your summons, Raikage-sama." He would kneel and offer the man a bow, as was customary to show respect. He would wait to be ordered to stand and would then do so. He would then wait for his leader to answer him.
Kosuke
Kosuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinji on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:07 am

The Shodaime Raikage

Shinji began to answer Akahito before there was another entry to his office, and his attention was diverted.  As the other man bowed, Shinji was not entirely certain how to respond for a moment, so he simply stood, calmly, observing the man.  After a few seconds, however, the bow lasted uncomfortably long and Shinji wondered if perhaps he was waiting for something.  A few seconds longer than that, and Shinji realized he was supposed to tell the individual to stand.  "Rise, Kosuke, of Kumogakure no Sato."  If Kosuke did so, Shinji would reach out a hand to shake.  "Do not bow to me.  I've heard your exploits and your tales, and a man of your strength should bow to no one."  Shinji wondered if that sounded as benevolent as he meant it to, or if it were simply a bit cheesy.

Then, he turned back to Akahito.  "I will not lie to my people... if you could get men of other nations to fall for such a ploy, I back it completely.  However, it is too early to begin an era of dishonesty among Kumogakure and her people.  However, you seem to know far more about this than my former assistant... how would you like a job?"  Shinji, again, would not admit that it was he who had made the decisions on that sheet of paper.  He had no idea this job would require so much administration.  The village was originally intended to be little more than a military base, and he its commander.  But the Daimyou had more or less hung him out to dry, responsible for duties that were not previously mentioned... but no matter.  If he and the people of Kumogakure did not receive the resources they required, then the Daimyou, when the time came, would not receive the military might that Kumogakure had at its disposal.

The job he offered the boy was more or less to fill the role of Shinji's financial adviser.  The boy would be present in important meetings that ranged anywhere from treaties to war councils to the legislation process - it all required funding.  He probably would not get a vote on matters, but if he proved reliable and competent, his analysis would greatly influence Shinji's decisions on things. Truly, it was one of the more important roles in the village, though not so prestigious as some others.  That said, at least it came with health insurance.

Shinji
Shinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akahito on Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:17 pm

"While I certainly wouldn't mind a job, I must speak my mind about something. It's a simple statement which might get me in trouble. But. No offense, lying to your people is something normal. Especially if it's a white lie. Kunai can only be so tough. Hell, most master weaponsmiths would never craft *kunai*.  However, if it wasn't my soon to be job, I wouldn't say this. But, could you set up meetings with other accountants? Or, well, financial advisors. I have enough confidence that I could baffle them with my bullshit, and then bedazzle them with my brilliance in numbers.

Although, that's a plan for later."

He spoke rather simply, his face starting in an irate state, and ending in an indifferent one.  His tone had done much the same, seemingly slowly giving respect to the man in front of him. If it weren't for the fact that the man in front of him was powerful, he may have called upon his father to deal with the incompetence. After all, when you get as strong as these two, even medical ninja are hyper-proficient at combat

It's why he wanted to get stronger. To be able to grab his fathers fighting style, except having height to do what his father did. The biggest thing his father lacked was his height. With Akahito's height, while not massive, he could bring out the best of his father's style and actually murder people with ease.

He wasn't there yet. He had to accumulate basic political power first.

He also hadn't reacted to the other individual who had entered. He was far too into this whole deceit and job thing.

Akahito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kosuke on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:21 pm

Kosuke would rise as he was commanded. Taking the mans hand in a firm grip he would offer a shake before releasing. He would keep a respectful amount of eye contact with the man before looking over the other occupant in the room. Listening in on what was obviously a previously going conversation, he would offer his own input, on the side of the other man. "Raikage-sama, I must agree that lying is a common thing among ninja. You keeping things on a 'need to know' basis can be a good thing for not only the economy, but for the welfare of various ninja clans and clanless ninja alike. The clans will want to feel that they are getting a say in anything that goes on, but the other ninja will want the same thing. So, it is sometimes necessary to lie or pull the sheet over a few eyes in order to keep the village from dissolving into chaos." With his piece said, he would simply sit back and listen. He had kindof spoken out of turn, but hopefully the Raikage wouldn't mind.
Kosuke
Kosuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinji on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Shinji's brow furrowed in concentration as the other two men spoke. He allowed them both to finish, and he still took quite a pause before opening his mouth. Finally, when he spoke, his voice was firm but not aggressive, and it clearly reflected that his brain, or rather the gears of his moral compass, were still churning. "It is definitely a matter I will have to think on... Regardless, deceit will never be a first resort for the government of Kumogakure."

Shinji then turned to Kosuke. "I have an important job for you as well. I want you to head up Kumogakure's yet-to-be-named elite task force. This division is a multi-purpose task force designed to unite elite members of the clans under a common loyalty - Kumogakure. We have not been established for long, and the already thin threads formed between the clans are beginning to wear and break, with small scale skirmishes happening in our streets, causing rather extensive damage. Unlike other similar forces in other villages, the identities of the members are not secret, however their missions and mission statuses are. Other than the rather abstract goal of uniting the clans, this force will be an assassination unit, an antiterrorism unit, a government personnel security force, and most importantly, an off-the-books Black Op initiative that takes orders only from me."

Should Kosuke accept, Shinji would hand him a file. This file outlined the General Commands for the Task Force and the punishment for not following them; the same punishment for not following any other command or order in the force - death. It would also name individuals Shinji had already selected to be a part of the force that Kosuke would be tasked to recruit, as well as a general description of the hierarchy and chain of command; Operatives at the bottom, Sergeant as an individual authorized to lead teams of Operatives on missions, Commander (Kosuke) and then the Raikage, Shinji, at the top. It would be important to note that it did not mention the village council, nor any other high-ranking member of government. And, most especially, it did not mention the Daimyou. It also detailed the scope of Kosuke's command, other rules for the force, and far more.
Shinji
Shinji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akahito on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm

'Deceit will never be a first resort'

These are the words that baffled Akahito. He knew the man in front of him had to be strong, so why was he so averse to lying? It's not like he could be caught in a lie. The guy should just murder his way through those who say he lies. Why was the kage so...sensitive?

It was perhaps not Akahitos place to judge the Raikage in any manner, but that never stopped him. His version of authority, much like his fathers, a lying, brutality-laden dictatorship with him in charge. That's the image Kumogakure has in Akahito's eyes, but apparently not in the Raikage's eyes.

The only notable showing of disgruntlement was furrowed eyebrows and a scrunched nose. Everything else about his person was as calm as ever. He just looked like he came upon a bad thought while thinking. Which, admittedly, is not wrong.

Akahito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top