ANBU Guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ANBU Guidelines

Post by Cloaked Figure on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Overview

At the conclusion of the very first Five Kage Summit organized by Hashirama Senju, the Kage of the five major shinobi villages managed to come to an uneasy peace. As part of the agreement that secured this peace, the Kage decided on a way to combat subterfuge and infiltration by each other. This solution was the ANBU. ANBU are elite ninja that are hand picked by a village’s Kage to complete top secret and often incredibly dangerous missions. They report only to the Kage of their respective village, and hide their identities from all others. While on the job, ANBU wear masks and use code names, leaving only their Kage informed of who is and who isn’t a member of the village’s black ops unit.

ANBU are sent on missions of the utmost importance. This includes but is not limited to protecting the village from exceptional threats, conducting high-risk missions into enemy territory, and dealing with extremely strong ninja. They are also responsible for carrying out assassinations, tracking, surveillance, and missions requiring specially trained ninja. Some ANBU serve as interrogators that probe the minds of enemy ninja to learn information valuable to the village. Regardless of the specialty, the ninja selected for this position are often the best of the best, but are under no obligation to remain member of the ANBU Black Ops for the entirety of their ninja career, even though that is often the case.

Requirements

To become a member of a Village’s ANBU is no small feat, and as such is a promotion granted to only the most exceptional ninja. Though the decision as to who is promoted to a village’s ANBU Black Ops falls on the Kage, there are certain minimum requirements that all members must meet.

• Must be at least Special Jounin Rank (B-Rank)
• Must have trained at least 1500 stat points
• Must be Proficient in at least two (2) specializations or have Mastered one (1) specialization
• Must have completed at least 8 missions, with a minimum of 1 A-Rank mission and 3 B-Rank missions

After these requirements have been met, you can apply to become a member of your village’s ANBU by requesting it from your Kage. If the Kage finds you worthy, then you will be counted among the village ANBU and receive all of the benefits that come with the title. Please note, even if you have completed all of the suggested criteria, your Kage may refuse to add you to the rank of ANBU for In-Character reasons. Just like any promotion, it is at the discretion of the Kage that a ninja can become ANBU. After you have approval from your Kage to become ANBU, you must post that approval in the Admin Requests Thread and pay 2500 ryo.

Within the ANBU, a ninja can be promoted to the rank of ANBU Captain. There are no further requirements for this rank other than the fact that an ANBU Captain must have already been promoted to the ANBU Black Ops, and they must have the Kage’s discretion. This position is reserved for the best of the best, and should not be taken lightly. As an ANBU Captain, there are is an additional benefit that is discussed below.

Benefits

One you have been promoted to the rank of ANBU, there are a series of benefits that are awarded to you thanks to the special rank. The first of which is that you are able to use the special Thread Intervention rules while in your home country which can be found in the Travel & Thread Intervention Rules. Secondly, as part of your induction into the ANBU, you are given a set of ANBU armour detailed below.

Armor:
Name: ANBU Armor
Area of protection: Body
Tier: Improved
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Affinity: N/A
Abilities: The wearer of this armor has their chakra supressed such that the wearer is hidden from any chakra sensory technique with 7 points of effect or lower. This does not hide the wearer from other types of sensory jutsu (ex. heat sensing). Furthermore, blows of 100 or less strength points are negated entirely, however any strike of 200 or more points is able to bypass through the defenses of the armor. This can lower the damage of jutsu with up to 3 points in damage by 1 point.
History: This special enhanced armor was developed to give the ANBU of each village an advantage over the average ninja. Though it is sometimes forgone by more experienced ANBU in favor of their own gear, it is an effective armor for many.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ANBU Armor
[b]Area of protection:[/b] Body
[b]Tier:[/b] Improved
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler]
[center][img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/1/16/Yamato_Anbu_Uniform.png/revision/latest?cb=20150725182456[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]
[b]Affinity:[/b] N/A
[b]Abilities:[/b] The wearer of this armor has their chakra supressed such that the wearer is hidden from any chakra sensory technique with 7 points of effect or lower. This does not hide the wearer from other types of sensory jutsu (ex. heat sensing). Furthermore, blows of 100 or less strength points are negated entirely, however any strike of 200 or more points is able to bypass through the defenses of the armor. This can lower the damage of jutsu with up to 3 points in damage by 1 point.
[b]History:[/b] This special enhanced armor was developed to give the ANBU of each village an advantage over the average ninja. Though it is sometimes forgone by more experienced ANBU in favor of their own gear, it is an effective armor for many.

Mask:
Name: ANBU Mask
Area of protection: Head
Tier: Basic
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Affinity: N/A
Abilities: Used to conceal the identity of a member of the village ANBU. Furthermore, it will negate blows from a strength stat of 20 or lower, and does not protect the user at all from strikes of 50 or more strength. Jutsu cannot be blocked or reduced.
History: Though they come in many shapes and colors, the ANBU’s well known masks are a symbol of rank to some, but more importantly a way to hide one’s identity. Each mask varies from person to person, but they all serve the same purpose.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ANBU Mask
[b]Area of protection:[/b] Head
[b]Tier:[/b] Basic
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler]
[center][img]https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/1/16/Tiger-Masked_Anbu_Member.png/revision/latest?cb=20150312121725[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]
[b]Affinity:[/b] N/A
[b]Abilities:[/b] Used to conceal the identity of a member of the village ANBU. Furthermore, it will negate blows from a strength stat of 20 or lower, and does not protect the user at all from strikes of 50 or more strength. Jutsu cannot be blocked or reduced.
[b]History:[/b] Though they come in many shapes and colors, the ANBU’s well known masks are a symbol of rank to some, but more importantly a way to hide one’s identity. Each mask varies from person to person, but they all serve the same purpose.

As an ANBU Captain, you also get a free Item (not including puppets or pets) of your own design that is at the Acute tier.

Additionally, members of the ANBU Black Ops are able to take on ANBU specific mission. These mission are highly dangerous and will likely require more than one ANBU member to complete safely. The rewards for these missions pay the same as a crime mission would due to the high level of danger, but require the word count of a standard mission. These details can be found in the Mission Guidelines.

Another benefit of joining the ANBU is that you are able to apply for and train secret ANBU Techniques. These techniques are off limits to any ninja who is not a member of the ANBU, but once they are trained, they are known for life even if you retire from the ANBU Black Ops. It is important to note that these techniques can ONLY be learned if you are a member of ANBU, and not after retirement.

Body Elimination Technique:
Name: Body Elimination Technique
Type: Utility
Duration: 1 post
Requirements: The user must be a member of the ANBU Black Ops, at which point they are able to apply for and train the technique.
  • Damage:
  • Defense:
  • Healing:
  • Range:
  • Duration:
  • Size:
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects: 5, 5

Description: After forming a series of hand seals (Snake -> Dog -> Ox -> Dog -> Hare) the user places their hands on the body of a deceased person. The body then slowly begins to disintegrate. This leaves no trace of the body behind, leaving nothing recoverable to anyone who may try to.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Body Elimination Technique
[b]Rank:[/b] C
[b]Type:[/b] Utility
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 post
[b]Requirements:[/b] The user must be a member of the ANBU Black Ops, at which point they are able to apply for and train the technique.
[b]Points:[/b]
[list]
[*][i]Damage:[/i]
[*][i]Defense:[/i]
[*][i]Healing:[/i]
[*][i]Range:[/i]
[*][i]Duration:[/i]
[*][i]Size:[/i]
[*][i]Speed:[/i]
[*][i]Potency:[/i]
[*][i]Effects:[/i] 5, 5
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] After forming a series of hand seals (Snake -> Dog -> Ox -> Dog -> Hare) the user places their hands on the body of a deceased person. The body then slowly begins to disintegrate. This leaves no trace of the body behind, leaving nothing recoverable to anyone who may try to.

ANBU Sensory Technique:
Name: ANBU Sensory Technique
Duration: 5 posts
Requirements: The user must be a member of the ANBU Black Ops, at which point they are able to apply for and train the technique.
  • Damage:
  • Defense:
  • Healing:
  • Range: 7
  • Duration: 4
  • Size:
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects: 6, 3

Description: The user forms a series of hand seals (Monkey -> Dragon -> Snake -> Horse -> Ram) and focuses their chakra in their eyes, allowing them to see across great distances. The user can see up to 75m away while also being able to pick up on the faintest of residual chakra. This includes places that have recently been exposed to the Supernatural Walking Practice or other jutsu equally as weak. Furthermore, with this technique the user can determine an individual’s chakra signature.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ANBU Sensory Technique
[b]Rank:[/b] B
[b]Duration:[/b] 5 posts
[b]Requirements:[/b] The user must be a member of the ANBU Black Ops, at which point they are able to apply for and train the technique.
[list]
[*][i]Range:[/i] 7
[*][i]Duration:[/i] 4
[*][i]Effects:[/i] 6, 3
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] The user forms a series of hand seals (Monkey -> Dragon -> Snake -> Horse -> Ram) and focuses their chakra in their eyes, allowing them to see across great distances. The user can see up to 75m away while also being able to pick up on the faintest of residual chakra. This includes places that have recently been exposed to the Supernatural Walking Practice or other jutsu equally as weak. Furthermore, with this technique the user can determine an individual’s chakra signature.

ANBU Barrier Technique:
Name: ANBU Barrier Technique
Type: Defensive
Duration: 10 posts
  • Damage:
  • Defense: 7
  • Healing:
  • Range:
  • Duration: 6
  • Size: 7
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects:

Description: The user forms a series of hand seals (Horse -> Tiger -> Dog -> Boar -> Ram -> Hare -> Dog) Before a translucent barrier of chakra appears in a 15m radius dome centered on the user, forming a protective barrier around the user and any other people within the barrier. This barrier can absorb up to 14 points of damage on the jutsu scale before breaking. It can also be ended early by the user if they so choose. This barrier is solid and cannot be passed though from either side until the technique is either broken or ended.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ANBU Barrier Technique
[b]Rank:[/b] B
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 10 posts
[list]
[*][i]Defense:[/i] 7
[*][i]Duration:[/i] 6
[*][i]Size:[/i] 7
[*][i]Effects:[/i]
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] The user forms a series of hand seals (Horse -> Tiger -> Dog -> Boar -> Ram -> Hare -> Dog) Before a translucent barrier of chakra appears in a 15m radius dome centered on the user, forming a protective barrier around the user and any other people within the barrier. This barrier can absorb up to 14 points of damage on the jutsu scale before breaking. It can also be ended early by the user if they so choose. This barrier is solid and cannot be passed though from either side until the technique is either broken or ended.

Time Reversal Technique:
Name: Time Reversal Technique
Type: Defensive
Duration: 10 posts
  • Damage:
  • Defense:
  • Healing:
  • Range:
  • Duration: 9
  • Size:
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects: 9

Description: Before this technique can be used, the target must be either unconscious or completely restrained. AT that point, the user holds both sides of the target’s head and projects their mind into the target’s memories. The user is then able have access to the target’s memories. Per post maintained, the user can see up to 1 month into the target’s memories. This allows them to glean any information that the target would know, though it would not reveal the target’s emotions toward any of the events. It is worth noting that this jutsu does not grant the user omniscience over the target’s life; it only allows them to see the users memories with perfect clarity.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Time Reversal Technique
[b]Rank:[/b] A
[b]Type:[/b] Defensive
[b]Duration:[/b] 10 posts
[list]
[*][i]Duration:[/i] 9
[*][i]Effects:[/i] 9
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] Before this technique can be used, the target must be either unconscious or completely restrained. AT that point, the user holds both sides of the target’s head and projects their mind into the target’s memories. The user is then able have access to the target’s memories. Per post maintained, the user can see up to 1 month into the target’s memories. This allows them to glean any information that the target would know, though it would not reveal the target’s emotions toward any of the events. It is worth noting that this jutsu does not grant the user omniscience over the target’s life; it only allows them to see the users memories with perfect clarity.

Voice Alteration Technique:
Name: Voice Alteration Technique
Duration: Instant
  • Damage:
  • Defense:
  • Healing:
  • Range:
  • Duration:
  • Size:
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects: 2

Description: This technique was created to further protect the identity of members of the ANBU Black Ops. The user makes the snake hand heal and channels chakra into their vocal chords, activating a voice alteration that can change the user's voice to any other voice they choose. In order to change their voice back to normal, the user must activate this jutsu again.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Voice Alteration Technique
[b]Rank:[/b] E
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[list]
[*][i]Effects:[/i] 2
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] This technique was created to further protect the identity of members of the ANBU Black Ops. The user makes the snake hand heal and channels chakra into their vocal chords, activating a voice alteration that can change the user's voice to any other voice they choose. In order to change their voice back to normal, the user must activate this jutsu again.

Chakra Flare:
Name: Chakra Flare
Duration: Instant
  • Damage:
  • Defense:
  • Healing:
  • Range:
  • Duration:
  • Size:
  • Speed:
  • Potency:
  • Effects: 2

Description: This technique was created to allow for an easy way for ANBU to call for backup. The user make the Ox hand seal and molds a small flare of chakra in the palms of their hands. This flare then shoots upward and flashes brightly in the sky. This allows up to two other ANBU to invade a thread without having to make an intervention roll.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Chakra Flare
[b]Rank:[/b] E
[b]Duration:[/b] Instant
[list]
[*][i]Effects:[/i] 2
[/list]
[b]Description:[/b] This technique was created to allow for an easy way for ANBU to call for backup. The user make the Ox hand seal and molds a small flare of chakra in the palms of their hands. This flare then shoots upward and flashes brightly in the sky. This allows up to two other ANBU to invade a thread without having to make an intervention roll.
Cloaked Figure
Admin

View user profile http://mythosrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top